/nba/ GENERAL - WE DID IT BROS EDITION

LAK:Tyler Ennis traded for Marcelo Huertas
IND:Pacers decline trade offers for Paul George
OKC:Doug McDermott traded to the Thunder
BKN:K.J. McDaniels traded to the Brooklyn Nets
LAC:Doc: Chris Paul likely out for Thursday night
CHI:Report: Thunder nearing deal for McDermott
OKC:Report: Enes Kanter could play on Friday?
BOS:Avery Bradley goes through partial practice
PHI:Joel Embiid (knee) to miss next four games
POR:Jusuf Nurkic could start on Thursday?
PHI:Andrew Bogut traded to Philadelphia
PHI:Woj: Noel to Dallas for Anderson & pick

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/SynergySST/status/834852581012860935
espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/18750650/zach-lowe-boston-celtics-trade-deadline-nba
stats.nba.com/teams/shots-closest-defender/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&CloseDefDistRange=6+ Feet - Wide Open&sort=FG3A&dir=1
twitter.com/NickFriedell
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for Warriors championship

did any of the trades today affect who will be in the finals?

Ainge did the right thing.

>tfw you have as many championships as steph Curry

put some respekt on mah boi name he earned that ship he a legend

no

Warriors over Cavs in 5

3-1 will never be forgotten though

Reptars

Do you think Ainge is a bigger jew than Adam silver?

>tfw you have more rings than Steph Curry

Bynum >>>>>>>. Curry TBQHWYFAM

how did that fucking team win anything it was like kobe, metta, pau and bynum and then literally who

Chicago no longer deserves a basketball team after today

Who /happyabouttheirtrades/ here?

Grade your team's trade.

I give OKC a A- for trading without giving up Sabonis or Roberson AND got a second round pick.

Kobe

Come back we need you more than ever

they also had odom who was balling out and fisher

Same thundiebro. Gonna miss the dancing but it's a good opportunity for campayne

we got our lebron stopper

masai is a genius

Can the Cavs afford to sign Deron Williams? Seems like a no brainer.

FUCK OKC FOR TAKING AWAY GIBSON FROM US TAJ WAS MY BOY FUCK YOU OKLAHOMA

we literally
LITERALLY
L I T E R A L L Y
L I T
U H
R A
L L Y
have 4 lebron stoppers

that was Kobe's prime and Gasol was also very good. still mainly carried by Kobe during those years

>he doesn't remember the Machine
>he doesn't know about Mbenga
>he cant remember shannon brown used to be a decent NBA player

you also had Trevor Ariza coming off the bench as well and back then he used to ball

man, if we got Paul back then it would have been an easy four peat

Memeing aside, did Ainge really do the right thing? I personally would have loved having Buttler/PG and Drummond but Bird was asking too much for PG and maybe Ainge is thinking about getting Griffing in the postseason.

yes, Celtics missed out on a guaranteed finals because they wanted to sit on now valueless assets

mobile.twitter.com/SynergySST/status/834852581012860935

> Doug McDermott is shooting an eFG% of 70% on open catch and shoot jumpers in the half court this season.

WEW

You are not the only one who needs help in this timeline

What are the Cockshits doing?

Zach Lowe on Boston

espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/18750650/zach-lowe-boston-celtics-trade-deadline-nba

>wake up
>read sixers traded noel
>trading noel
LMFAO SIXERS THOUGHT THEY WERE COMING BACK

GOOD LORD

>tfw too smart to use our assets

>trade away every player that can shoot
>bring in players that cant shoot

i literally cant even

Trevor Ariza still balls, my friend

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

/nba/ BTFO

LEGM WINNING AGAIN!!!!

KEKRY FANS ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!

Wew Brodie

The celtics will never win a championship with IT. He is the largest defensive liability you can have and cannot play for his life when it is turned up to playoff intensity. Ainge knows this.

Getting a championship

>the Mbenga-Pachulia rivalry during the season

Man that team had some fun moments

09 was the shit. 10 was even better, and had we gotten Paul who knows.

Fucking NBA jew overlords, now we're stuck with the Warriors

Who would you want your team trade for Ingram?

I think I'm done being a Sixers fan. Fuck Coangelo, he ran the Raptors into the ground and now he's doing it with my Sixers.

>OKC generates as many wide open three pointers as the Warriors

stats.nba.com/teams/shots-closest-defender/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&CloseDefDistRange=6+ Feet - Wide Open&sort=FG3A&dir=1

Biggest move is Deron Williams and Bogut going to the cavs

What the fuck? How do they have so much fucking cap space?

How many Lebron stoppers does it take to stop Lebron?

they dont, they have like a 5 million dollar trade exemption , bogut and dwill are gonna have to both take vet minimums to join

at the end of the day, weststats wont pass the ball at opportune times so it doesnt matter who is a good shooter or not

They don't.

They're going over the cap and their owner approved it.

This year's team payroll may end up being bigger than last years, which was already the most in NBA history.

>he doesn't know

Fun times my friend

tree fiddy

Celtics won the deadline.

Yes, you don't get a shitload of amazing picks from a garbage team like Nets everyday. And you certainly don't trade them for Paul George. People are just confused because they happen to be good now, which wasn't really part of the plan, no one expected IT to average 30 ppg

>mfw bogut will break curry in the finals

there is no lebron stopper only a lebron slower downer kinda

My nigga is back famalam

Jason Terry says hello

kawhi

>My neck my back falalam
Gay

Yeah, and I won't eat TayTay's ass one day. Any other lies you wanna tell?

Curry says hello

LeBron averaged higher than his career averages in those 2014 finals

still lost

was it cause they were getting BTFO and he was statpadding in garbage time

losing =/= being stopped or slowed down

if it was an individual sport, then ya, but there's 5 players on each team

IT is Stackhouse all over again.

There is no such thing as a lockdown defender in the modern NBA. With all the rules they have added over the last 15 years it's impossible to lock a player down. We need to start stripping away these rules so players can actually contest 3 point shots that are starting to become out of control.

>Butler and Wade certainly can't be happy about deal. It weakens Bulls in short-term and both really enjoyed playing with Gibson.

Just check out this Bulls beat writer for a bunch of info on Taj and him talking about the trade.

twitter.com/NickFriedell

>Cameron Payne this season:
>PER 6.16 (90th among PG's)
>RPM -3.39 (71st among PG's)

>Interesting note from Micah Adams of ESPN Stats and Info regarding Payne: "The centerpiece going to Chicago is 2nd-year PG Cameron Payne, who has a PER of 6.1 this season. Of the 353 players with at least 300 minutes this season, Payne ranks tied for 349th with Chicago's Paul Zipser."

Eliminate the 3. It's WWE tier

>There is no such thing as a lock down defender in the modern NBA

Klay says hello

>make no trades
>get 2 good backups anyway

LeGM strikes again. Take notes Ainge

Oh hey Harden.

Sources confirm Kevin Durant remains a bitch nigga

>tfw to intelligent to go to boston

>get BTFO
>statpad in garbage time

Imagine being an NBA GM and having to deal with the whims of a bunch of crack babies?

Yeah what was the point of keeping Butler and Wade if you are trading players to try to get in rebuild mode? I could understand Wade because nobody would maybe trade for his contract but Butler was in high demand

>Taj Gibson said he was emotional talking to John Paxson, but is excited about a new start in OKC.
>Taj: "The hardest part was seeing people's faces on the way out. Real emotional."

>Taj admits he wishes Butler/Wade would have kept criticism of team in house. But believes it wound up as a positive for team as a whole.
>Taj says he knows Russell Westbrook very well. From going against him in high school/college/pros. Looking forward to playing with him.

>says he knows Russell Westbrook very well
>Looking forward to playing with him

>Taj says he would be open to returning to the Bulls as a coach after his career ended.

would you trade 3 of your 4 core players and the Nets 2017 pick for 1.5 years of PG who will run off to LA the second his contract is up?

its not exciting but its the safe choice and I think it can pay off in the long run

Did Sup Forums have any part in making the draymond green nut kicking game?

Reminds me of that Barkley game filled with all the memes

>Bulls pushed hard for Andre Roberson, source said. But Thunder wants to re-sign him.

I would trade 3 of 4 out of Bradley, Crowder, Smart, and Brown + nets pick for pg13 + filler or Butler + filler.

No

so why not trade for jimmy butler

did you just fucking see what OKC did to the bulls? They could have gotten butler for like crowder and smart or some stupid fucking combination

>Cavs getting D-Will and Notes
>Cavs keeping other D-Will on ten day contacts

Is this enough to beat the Memeiors?

Yes. The Pelicans will make the 8th seed and beat the warriors, only to lose to the Clippers in the WCF.

>Pelicans waived Terrence Jones as expected so there are only six players in tonight's game that plagued for the Rockets and Pelicans.
Ahh yes, another player for LeKing to sign for the minimum to improve his bench. Come home D Will, Bogut and Jones

>Paul George 100% confirmed to be going to the Lakers in free agency

THE CALL THAT SAVED LA

>*Boges

Fucking auto correct

apparently the Bulls were never serious about trading him.

retard

paul george is so overrated he's the most inconsistent "star" in the league

Keep dreaming. He said he wants to win, not be the bottom seed in the west.

I don't understand that move. Wasn't he a starter? He

Chris Paul pls

Daily reminder that only plebbit niggers wanted Danny Ainge to make a trade today.

Has the NBA ever played with the concept of giving each team a designated player they can pay whatever the fuck they want? Wouldn't this improve parity? Kevin Love wouldn't go off to play 3rd fiddle for Lebron at 20m a year if he could get 70m at Portland or whatever.

How mad is he going to be when he learns Magic joined the Lakers in the front office and not the on the court?

I really hope they waive McRae or Dan's bf Felder to bring in Jones. I was a big fan of his in college and pre-draft

Harden is like the easiest superstar to deal with. He has a type of defender that he struggles against (Roberson, Paul George) and once he starts missing shots he turns completely passive and goes into ref-baiting free throw thirst mode.