This is your daily reminder that Britain has, on average, some of the smallest homes in the developed world...

This is your daily reminder that Britain has, on average, some of the smallest homes in the developed world. Even Japanese homes, generally regarded as unbelievably small, are significantly larger.

Sort it out, bongs.

The UK is one of the most densely populated countries on the planet.

ppppfftttHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

LITTLE
TINY
HOMES!

The density of the UK is one of the reasons Canada even exists, so I'm not certain why you're up in arms over it.

Dude wtf, why is Spain so small? Does everyone live in a tiny commieblock?

Still bigger than Britain

At least houses in europe are made by durable materials unlike the average amerifat house thats made out of cardboard.

>says the greek

Am I wrong?

it's because we don't have government minimum standards i think

I would rather have a wood house with living space than a dirty shoebox sized apartment

Yes, you are wrong.

Most American homes are made of brick, my indebted friend.

Any Brits chime in? How can you guys live with that?

>Burgerland

Cardboard houses don't count, I can afford three of those with the amount it costs to make a real house.

Former Brit here. This and the awful wages were the main reasons I emigrated to the states.

Most houses in burgerland are brick. Wood homes are generally only those in the outer suburbs.

I hope you like it in your new country. Do most British homes have yards like us but smaller?

Lived in flats for most most of my life, I have lived in a house with a garden once.
You go to a park if you want to play, which wasn't a big deal where I lived (fairly nearby). Apart from that it's just normal.

I see through you yank

>Do most British homes have yards like us but smaller?

No. Most are attached or semi-detached, so they won't have a side garden. Most also don't have front gardens (or an absolutely miniscule one no larger than a compact car). Gardens in general are incredibly small, just like the homes.

How does Britain have such third world housing when they are a first world country?

bump

You can't even afford to leave your home town, sudaca

damage control

>houselets

this. they don't even have real walls, just more doors next to each other lmao

500 sq ft """"house"""""

nice meme.
northern europe is full of shitty cardboard houses. and i don't even want to know about the eastern europe or greece.
you guys don't know shit just believe what other autists tell you.

I really like this picture, may I save it please?

why are there two australian flags?

Cmon mate

ah it is nz. same southern cross but they lack the big star. tricky.

Overpopulation in Japan.
Therefore Japanese don't care decreasing population.
American don't know problems of high density population.

Sure thing pal!

That's pretty rich

As someone who's lived in the continent. UK houses are small, damp and have shit insulation. 3rd world.

>I prefer to stay at a place like this

Britain, especially England, has a very high population density. It follows that their environment is going to be more cramped.

We Americans are really lucky with our cheap real estate prices.

housing here has been fucked for decades

NIMBYs, successive governments neglecting social housing, engineering property booms to make middle class cunts happy and sky high rents means it's a nightmare for most people, regardless of space.

Personally I'm not that bothered about size.

>social housing

Bunch of povvos.

and yet britain is often associated with manor houses and shit here, damn media hype

>know about the eastern europe or greece.
They live in shit like this. Animals at zoos in the 50s lived in similar concrete enclosures.

>Comfy well insulated brick house within walking distance of shops, parks, schools etc
or
>Glorified flimsy shed in the middle of nowhere, often in the middle of literal deserts
Hmmmm

UK
>constantly being watched by the police and "South Asian" rape gangs
US
>can't even see neighbors house, complete privacy and autonomy

>Comfy well insulated brick house within walking distance of shops, parks, schools etc

You do realize that we have this in the US, right? I live in a solid brick home within a couple blocks of just about everything I need. Cost a small fraction of what it would cost to buy a place like this in the UK.

who wants a big house anyways, i would prefer a small nice apartment in hong kong over any shitty suburban american house

>empty countries have bigger houses
wow, unexpected!

>who wants a big house

Brit houses arent even 1000 sq ft. They are nowhere near big. A big home is 4000 sq ft or larger.

How many times do you have to be told that the UK is very small and very densely populated until it goes in?

>Harry Potter's cupboard was larger than the typical British dwelling

Even in areas that aren't densely populated, they build their tiny homes right on top of each other.

but muh concrete! lmao. literally made of dried shit

>googled for 2 hours to post the worst random shit he could find
>this triggered
so everything said here about the shitty UK houses is correct

Because that conserves space for other usage.

LETS GET THIS SHIT STARTED

>BRITSMALLS

TINY
LIMEY
HOVELS

No it doesnt.

If you build two homes of the same size, it doesnt matter whether they are attached or not. They will take up the same amount of space.

bumping for waking britbongs

>more than 50% of people living in flats
state of it

houses are more expensive to build here because they need to be properly insulated for the winter. even if the houses are small we got plenty of land to distribute, my folks have few acres of forest.

Fun fact. The netherlands is more densely populated than the UK, and they have much larger living space. Housing here really is abysmal, one of the most unfair housing systems in the world to be honest. It actually annoys me that no one really talks about it. Everyone complains about muh immigrants and muh EU beurocrats, but nobody seems to give a shit about paying quarter of a million pounds for a literal box. Populated with midless idiots.

> UK
> Forest

Spain

Brits are just generally bad with money. They would rather move out of their parents as soon as they can and rent a tiny, over-priced flat, while never earning/saving enough to be able to get a mortgage for a decent sized house. Instead they spend their money on retarded shit and have to eventually settle for a tiny place, which leads to property developers wanting more bang for their buck and building small houses.

This over-inflates the price of larger houses, especially new builds. The only time you'll get a decent sized house for a "relatively" good price is if it's in the middle of nowhere, in a shit neighbourhood, or needs a ton of work doing to it.

Blame Thatcher and her shit housing policy.

Didn't the industrial revolution influenced that as well ? They would try to house the maximum amount of poor uneducated workers in small boxes and such the cities developped that way.

Yeah, but you'd think that 200 years would be enough for people to get their shit together and demand better housing.

Something else: The government doesn't want to lose the home-owning older generation's vote, building lots of new houses or implementing policies to devalue housing for the benefit of the young at the expense of the old.

>developed world
>818 ft sq
>still a nice flat in hong kong

source: your manky arsehole

>aussie houses are nearly 3x bigger
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you fucking bogans better free up some space I dont care if youre full

FOY

>Even japanese homes

Just be thankful being the world's first industrialised country that we have as much countryside and outdoor space left as we do. Some 90% of Great Britain's landmass isn't built on. It's an island which needs careful management.

>The United Kingdom, being in the British Isles, is ideal for tree growth, thanks to its mild winters, plentiful rainfall, fertile soil and hill-sheltered topography. Growth rates for broadleaved (hardwood) trees exceed those of mainland Europe, while conifer (softwood) growth rates are three times those of Sweden and five times those of Finland. Nowadays, about 12.9% of Britain's land surface is wooded and this area is increasing

Britain is planting a few million trees a year but it needs to be sped up.

>Fun fact. The netherlands is more densely populated than the UK, and they have much larger living space. Housing here really is abysmal

British countryside and varied coastline >>>>> Netherlands flat and boring landscape