Why can't films with this much dialogue get made anymore

why can't films with this much dialogue get made anymore

because films are only made to collect profit now.

But even then, films are not collecting enough money anymore, so they might as well go backwards and start creating films with dialogue and compelling stories.

damn that movies was boring.

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that dialogue

>why do I only eat shit?
How you about you just stop eating shit?

Plenty such films are still being made, you don't have to only watch the latest summer blockbuster.

Good luck capturing the attention span of a millenial or a 21-year old Media Major

>it's a "Sup Forums will just say anything" episode

they get made every year you asshat. you only pay attention to the redditor box office successes.

You know I'm a huge Kubrick fan but I remembered this movie being dull when I saw it as a kid. I recently rewatched it and it was engrossing and genuinely funny. So to answer your question OP I don't know.

dialogue is only used to explain events in the movie, their meaning, and pertinence to the plot

everything else is just fluff... why would anyone give a shit about any characters let alone remember them?

>wanted to watch this
>"I like cock" - QT

dropped

For a while not only did I think films with a lot of dialogue would be the norm I thought having so much exposition it literally hurts an autist's anal passages would be the dominant trend. Luckily Nolan was just a fluke and even the mythical "general audience" finds something fundamentally wrong with these kinds of films in the long run.

In general I don't want there to be more or less dialogue in a film. What makes Strangelove great is the comedy, delivery, subtext and geopolitical context of the dialogue not the amount.

Ah, Quentin "nigger lover" Tarantino

>Kubrick's best
>boring

You're the reason film is dead.

it's far from his best top 3 sure

>being runner up or 2nd runner up for the best
>far from the best

nigga what

attention deficit span generation

One of my favourite movie but come on, it's far from Kubrick's best which is obviously Barry Lyndon

>Batman V Superman

Last year you had films like Room, Ex Machina, Crimson Peak, Anomalisa, Spotlight, Carol, The Big Short, The Lobster, Brooklyn, Sicario, Grand Budapest Hotel...

All dialogue driven films, and for the most part reasonably good films. Most not quite at the level of Dr. Strangelove, but still worth watching.

It was originally supposed to be a good weekend in Dallas but they changed it because of the JFK assassination.

it's relative

Check out "The Man From Earth". Awesome movie and the entire thing is just a conversation between a group of people.

It's the millennials lookin at their damn phones all the time.

XD

le millennials!

>tfw I was bored at Pulp Fiction
>tfw I was 100% engaged by Stalker

Was I just lying to myself to feel patrician, or what the fuck?

They do, but those movies generally are oscar bait

He's not wrong to be honest.

You know why the BFG flopped? Kids aren't interested in going to the movies anymore. They wanna be on their phones and watch 5-minute gaming videos by glossy "quirky" boy toys on youtube.

>>why do I only eat shit?
>How you about you just stop eating shit?
This.

OP is a pleb that watches IMDB 250 and thinks that constitutes as the beginning and end of cinema.

The "kids" today aren't millennials. They are Generation Z. Millennials are the people born between ~85 and 95 who group up at the turn of the millennium, hence the term "Millennial".

*grew up

>kids these days: the post

>Theory of Multiple intelligences
>Some have thinking more biased to the visual, or the kinesthetic, or the verbal, or the musical