Why do so many people from America claim to be poor but they're fat as fuck?

Why do so many people from America claim to be poor but they're fat as fuck?

Do poor people get fat?

Cant afford to eat healthy

Fast food and other unhealthy food is tastier, faster to eat and cheaper.
I think most people are to lazy to make healthy food

but u can just eat less unhealthy things, just generally less food which would directly save you money and make you less poor

fast food is cheap in america by comparison to a lot of the rest of the world

A lot of people have no idea how to prepare food outside of preheating an oven and throwing a pan covered in frozen tendies and fries in there.
None of the high school kids I work with have any idea how to make anything. It's about to become epidemic status, can't wait till all the 40 year old ham planets start to bog down the healthcare system.

This. Also, factor in that a number of the poorer people are trying to manage more than one job with wide ranging hours. They may also be trying to juggle kid's schedules. There may not be a lot of time, or a 'good' time to make meals, especially when truly healthy ingredients cost more at the grocery store.

BTW add in the fact that the 'minimum' wage in this country doesn't meet a 'living wage' in most parts of the USA. Which do you choose, a roof over your head with electricity and water or the time and money to make healthy meals?

I guess third point: America is the cult of the deal. Buy things in bulk because it's cheaper in quantity. If you can get more for less you are succeeding. The Super size is...well...super. Never mind that its almost twice what one person should eat. You got more, you won. Bigger houses are better. More is better. Eat more.

Try being constantly hungry, it wasnt fun. Health is the last thibg you'll be concerned about

How many fucking $1 high calorie burgers are people eating to get fat?

Even on two modest meals a day from McDonalds won't make you a fat fuck.

Top kek some of this. When I went to Europe, the portion sizes seemed astronomically small. Also, your wages are so disgusting. Idk how people get out of bed to go to an $8hr job and do shitty jobs.

Some fast food restaurants in Japan won't even serve you if you're fat. They look at fat people with disgust and shame.

It's not the food that's making them poor. It's not just the fast food making them fat. Eating less will cause weight gain unless you actually skip days of eating.

beef is subsdised, which makes taxes higher, but organic veggies arent which is why cauliflour is 2$/lb but a cheesburger is 99c

>motherfuckers actually believe this
Bro I pig out on fast food all the time (burgers, fries, large shake, etc.) Yet never gain an ounce because i actually get off my lazy ass and work everyday.
>tfw you can eat anything you want because you're not a lazy piece of shit

>Do poor people get fat?

Somewhat related. Usually it is depression that causes people to over eat

What is it with Americans and their "anxiety" or "depression"? Get the fuck over it. I met someone who said they couldn't look people in the eye or even hold their head up straight because their anxiety got so bad. Probably all those expensive pills they're taking and the fluoride in their water.

I'll never understand this. Is a cheesburger cheaper than a kilo of potatoes in the US?

Not to mention the huge amount of islam. I always wonder if my fellow Europeans are serious when they're bashing the US for their freedom to own guns etc. Most of them seem to enjoy the government meddling into every aspect of their lifes and working for shitty wages compared to American ones.

Most Americans eat very little compared to their European cousins. Drink less alcohol too. The reason Americans are fat has very little to do with how much they eat which are usually very small portions to what I have eaten in other parts of the world, especially Italy. Americans eat toxic chemicals every meal. McDonalds food has about the same nutritional value as Styrofoam. Americans are dying fat as whales from lack of nutrition and an over abundance of chemical waste.

The left wing line is that poor people don't have access to cooking facilities so they can't cook potatoes and therefore have to eat cheeseburgers.

idk i eat like 1 meal a day usually take out, and nibble on carbs and some fruit in the day, and im not hungry, usually that 1 meal is maccas or kfc im 71kg

>Do poor people get fat?

yes, as long as they have all but a regular and sane diet.

>Americans eat toxic chemicals every meal.
>McDonalds food has about the same nutritional value as Styrofoam.

this.

you literally know nothing

>grown adults actually believe this shit

What part do you find fault with?

Thanks for the clarification

You know 1 in 8 Americans are alcoholics, right? Also, an alcoholic isn't someone who drinks a lot, they're people who are completely dependent on alcohol. They require it to function or their body goes through withdrawals.

LOL @ Americans drink less than Europeans. Europeans can put some down but most of them aren't alcoholics.

Unhealthy food is cheaper.
Portion sizes are huge.
People decide they can't afford to waste the food the *do* buy, so they eat it all.
Get fat.

In Europe it's not uncommon for even the children to drink wine.

to answer the question, yes actually.

Easily

In very small portions and only in certain countries.

Because hunger, real hunger does not exist in America.
Anyone going without food is to stupid or mentally impaired to get free food from any one of a million government programs.
The "they can't afford to eat healthy" argument is stupid ass cuck bullshit.
Just dont drink soda its poison and water is free.

Bitch please, most of them don't even know what a carrot looks like, because they can only buy them chopped, sliced, or in some other processed form. Same with pretty much every vegetable.