What's better; TOS or TNG?

What's better; TOS or TNG?

Both are better.

TNG has more good episodes by vitrue of having more seasons.

That being said I think TOS is more worthy of respect for what it was trying to do.

Why don't you go and give them shot you fucking faggot?

TNG of course, but they're both good.

TOS.

TNG is too bland. By the 80s Roddenberry had decided that no human beings would ever dislike each other or argue any more. Completely hobbles all drama. The best parts of TOS were Bones and Spock arguing.

TOS just feels more alive and less stilted as a result.

>By the 80s Roddenberry had decided that no human beings would ever dislike each other or argue any more. Completely hobbles all drama.

Nah, that shit was torn away from him. He hated how movie 6 just not only forgives the Klingons, but Kirk couldn't even be mad at them

TNG

I like both a lot, but TNG is Star Trek to me. Too much of TOS's crew felt the same. Except Bone's who was just a retard and Spock who is Spock. this is ironically what I hated about the TOS. Bones arguments were always him just being a stubborn idiot except for the few times it pertained to medical injuries/emergencies.

I liked TOS but because of the pacing I could never really sit through more than a couple episodes at a time. And TNG was really good but I could never really stand watching it in order and would end up just jumping around to whatever episodes sounded good, so I'm going with Deep Space Nine.

TOS has worse writing, worse sets and worse acting. By any objective standard TNG blows it out of the water. But it has a particular corny comfiness that's hard to describe. It's like watching theater

TOS by a country mile.

No, it prevents lazy writing.

I just finished watching it for the first time, is it just me or is the ending rushed as fuck?

Wouldn't mind one of the new seasons of this Anthology to follow an adult Jake Sisko as a civilian doing cool shit in the future.

TNG, TOS has too much residual hickishness from the TV culture of the time, including episodes where aliens spontaneously evolve the Declaration of Independence and Christianity.

>not liking spontaneous Nazis
>not liking spontaneous 1930s gangsters

TNG as a series. TOS films are by far the best though.

Those had some vaguely credible explanation. The 'Yangs' and the 'how can these people be so civilised and nice and yet not be Christian, oh wait, Uhura overheard them talking, they are actually totally Christian' plots didn't.

Well at least he died before it came out then.

Oh, also, I'm not an SJW but half of Bones' dialogue is just boorish racism.

literally the only TOS episodes I remember are Where No Man Has Gone Before and The Menagerie

Captain James Sup Forums Kirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cucktain Reddit-Cuck Numaled.

>invoking the words Reddit, Numale and Cuck - twice!

>MR. WORF, RAISE SHIELDS YOU SAY?
>WELL I SAY BIG BORG COCK I SAY!

I enjoy TOS and admire what it did but I feel TNG refined a lot of the original ideas along with making others possible that previously weren't due to technological/budget restraints of 1960s television.

TOS has the manic and weird energy of 60s/70s sci-fi which gives a unique edge. As someone said earlier, it's like watching theater or something. The cast and crew are creating something wholly new and all the frayed edges are quaint and fun.

TNG is the more cerebral, laid-back show with that optimism of the 80s and 90s. Eventually you really settle in with the crew and they become very comfortable and familiar characters. Your knowledge of their history makes you enjoy them more.

Both are good and important. Who's "better" is ultimately not important.

>TOS has worse writing

Really can't agree there. Sure, there are some episodes that are real turds, but it was a show that bought scripts off science fiction writers like Harlan Ellison and Theodore Sturgeon.

>worse sets

Honestly, I think they were about the same quality. Different aesthetic - TOS was all about popping colors because NBC wanted to sell color TVs for RCA - but it's not like TNG's sets were anything to write home about.

>and worse acting.

TOS had phenomenal actors, which is no small part of why it has endured. People rail on The Shat all the time, but what I don't think they understand is, like Patrick Stewart, he's a classically-trained stage actor. His style is meant to project emotion all the way to the back rows, so yes, it's exaggerated, but it's also powerful.

Most people rail on The Shat because he's an insufferable narcissist who probably killed his wife.

>ds9
>rushed ending
>hasnt watched babylon 5
>the apocalypse storyline is wrapped up in the 5 first episodes of season 4

why is picurd way down there?

Since Enterprise was the first, it is objectively better.

Why even reply?

TOS was formula cowboy series set in space. Half the episodes ended with Kirk saving the universe in a fistfight/wrestling match with the baddie of the week.

tng since rodenberry got fucked after the first season

There's literally nothing wrong with Enterprise

> Really can't agree there. Sure, there are some episodes that are real turds, but it was a show that bought scripts off science fiction writers like Harlan Ellison and Theodore Sturgeon.

> I know they must be good because they've got the names on

> People rail on The Shat all the time, but what I don't think they understand is, like Patrick Stewart, he's a classically-trained stage actor. His style is meant to project emotion all the way to the back rows, so yes, it's exaggerated, but it's also powerful.

> I know it must be good because he got his diploma.

Never heard anyone suggest that, though the circumstances of the discovery could make a person wonder. I wondered myself, but nobody ever suggested anything... until now.

DS9 is the only Trek series that I ever felt addicted to, just couldn't stop watching until the end. TOS and TNG are shows I enjoy, but never felt like I had to watch the next episode or I wouldn't be satisfied, it took me over a year to get through both shows whereas I powered through DS9 over a couple months.

As for TOS vs TNG, the original series is clearly superior. Better characters, cooler ship, more colorful and visually interesting, and holy shit the babes.