Does bernie still have any chance?

2383 delegates needed -1528 current delegates = 855
946 remaining - 855 = 89

does this mean bernie losing 89 delegates seals his failure?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/05/06/mitt-romney-met-privately-with-william-kristol-who-is-leading-the-effort-to-draft-an-independent-bid/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i heard superdelegates dont count towards avoiding a contested convention is this true?

whats the point of them then?

I certainly hope so.

How the fuck did Bernie have such huge amount of delegates? He was winning like 1 state in 10, what have changed?

the super delegates vote for who they want

I thin that's true, yeah.
A contested convention seems very likely at this point. I don't understand why no one is talking about it.

>1488

The Democratic primaries are never winner takes all, and although Hillary won more states the percentages have been close.

Super delegates don't have the balls to cross Clinton

Democrats are so fucking stupid.

What if Bernie overtook her in pledged delegates? Would that be possible with a strong win in Commiefornia and the remaining Midwestern states?

think it's 21-20 in favour of Bernie so far?

>super delegates
who was the tyrant that established this

He needs to win 79,4% of the remaining candidates to tie WITHOUT the supermeme delegates.
So answer yourself that
Maybe if california was a winner take all but its proportional
so answer yourself

There is always a convention regardless. Delegates from each state vote for the nominee

Bound delegates HAVE to vote for who they are bound to. Superdelegates can decide on convention day.

A contested convention is when the first vote is not enough to determine a candidate, so bound delegates are no longer bound and it becomes a free for all

In trumps case, he will have enough bound delegates that we will know the GOP candidate before the convention, but they will still have one. But for the DNC, it is possible that the nomination is decided at the convention, which will hopefully split the party

A contested convention happens when no one reaches a true majority.

This is impossible when there's only two people running. Even 51-49 would not be a contested convention.

It is incredibly unlikely that Crazy bernie ties the committed delegate total. If he were to somehow achieve that feat, he would then need to court the superdelegates and convince them to vote for him.

The odds of bernie getting the nomination are minuscule. But it's essentially guaranteed that bernouts are going to go nuts in Philly.

So you think the senile kike can win 6/7 states minimum?

The powers that be after Mondale in 84

Hillary is the party. Not going to happen.

The only way Bernie gets the nomination is if Hillary is basically forced to bow out due to being indicted.

Considering they'd end up dead, or worse.

>super duper delegates

>democracy

>bi-party system

America

But it is possible that neither have 51% before superdelegates, meaning it will be decided at convention by superdelegates

No.
It's "technically" still possible for him to win but only under such specific and unlikely circumstances that you'd have to be a dense berniedrone to have any hope left for him.

> But it's essentially guaranteed that bernouts are going to go nuts in Philly.

Center City Philly reporting in. I can't wait to watch this motherfucker burn to the ground. I'm trying to think of ways to goad the bernouts into rioting. It's gonna be 1968 all over again.

>I don't understand why no one is talking about it.

The media's in the tank for Shillary. Duh.

>this entire thread
>nothing but foreigners speculating how American politics work so muh Burnie can win

Fucking hilarious thread, 10/10

I see him taking CA, MT and both Dakotas. Hillary will take NJ, DC and some shitty island states. I'm not sure what that means but it will be close.

But it's also a question of PR, and the """democratic""" party letting the losing candidate win.

I believe you are mistaken friendo,

this is a when will bernie bern out

No, Bernie cannot realistically win at this point. Hillary has more pledged delegates and more raw votes than Bernie. Clinton has been a part of the Democrat machine for decades and has stocked the DNC with her cronies this time after losing to Obama. Under no circumstance will the super delegates switch to bernie

Exactly, he just has to be within 550 delegates by convention day. Because then Bernvictims will know that the superdelegates CAN save him, but won't. It will get hype

Walter mondale got fucked so the dnc used that fucking to be able to choose who they want instead.. most bernouts are staying home on electiob day this november

>most bernouts are staying home on electiob day this november

that's where they always are anyway

bernie wasn't post to win

it was hillary's turn

>bernie taking california

top lel. Berne only wins in majority white states. There are more beaners than white people in california, and if you specifically only look at the democrat voters, it's like 75% beaner.

Only whites go for bernie. He's going to get BTFO there.

And just looking at who "wins" a state for the DNC is pointless because they only do delegates strictly proportionately. So it's not winner take all like key GOP primaries. So even if bernie were to win a state like that, it'd only mean a tiny handful more pledged delegates than hillary.

>which will hopefully split the party

I'm thinking both parties might split this election and the field would be: Trump (R), Hillary (D), and Romney and Sanders as independents.

Obviously Romney and Sanders wouldn't win, but I'm not sure who would most benefit from such an event - Trump or Hillary.

What are the odds of Hillary dying?
What are the odds of Hillary getting arrested?

Trump is already fueling the fire when he tweets about how unfair and rigged the system is.

Nevada is going to look like a kumbaya circle compared the philly.

It's the perfect mix of anger + social unrest + a large dindu population

Might as well get the popcorn ready

>and the """democratic""" party letting the losing candidate win.

That would only be true if Bernie ended up with more pledged delegates. Which is impossible. Remember, DNC is proportional. Bernie would need to win all the remaining states like 90-10 in order just to tie her in pledged delegates.

As it stands, hillary is ahead in pledged delegates, popular vote, superdelegates, etc. Every metric has her fairly ahead. It'd be a different story if she lost in votes/pledged degs and only won based on superdegs, but that's not what's happening here.

Probably Trump, honestly.

Don't think Mittens will run again though.

I'd imagine Trump in a plurality, as the worst candidate there by far is Romney.

It's worth over 500. A solid win, in the most left leaning state in the country, could close the gap by 100. I don't think he'll win, and I certainly don't want him to, but it could force a contested convention to go on much longer, which is good for Trump.

I hope she doesn't die yet because she needs to pay for her crimes

>Don't think Mittens will run again though.

Hard to say. It looks like he's being courted by the establishment.

washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/05/06/mitt-romney-met-privately-with-william-kristol-who-is-leading-the-effort-to-draft-an-independent-bid/

The deadline to get a new party on state ballots has passed, and it's too late to join (co-opt) an existing 3rd party.

The effort would be meaningless.

It can't happen. He would need to be leading by close to 20 points and he's nowhere even close to that.

They only "don't count" if they don't actually end up voting for Hillary. Superdelegates are establishment shills though; don't let reddit convince you they will vote for anybody but her. Imagine 524 Glenn Becks.