What is the biggest redpill about music?

What is the biggest redpill about music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xERitvFYpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=8hC3H-wv7SU
youtube.com/watch?v=K146oGH0pXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a meme

That what the majority think about music almost completely disregards anything that is not western ie. African music (sub saharan) and south east asia (gamelan drumming). Sure there are a lot of people who know this but the majority are ignorant to world music (yeah it's a shitty catch all term but for the purpose of this post i'm gonna use it). We can really learn a lot from their uses of rhythm and melody

That people who use terms like "redpill" are cancer and should generally form their own opinions.

1910 = music begins

That there is no good music.

>Using the term "redpill"
Fuck off you Sup Forums activist, stop trying to pollute other boards with your poisonous ideology.

Music, like the rest of western civilisation, ended in 1945 you fucking normie

Oh, the hypocrisy...

The right wing destroyed Germany and made millions of Germans die

Then the left took control over Germany after world war 2 and it became a world superpower again.

The left literally saved Germany

its all about the money meid

If that's true then why does krautrock exist?

people don't think you're smart or interesting for listening to classical or art rock

>post-african repetitions

You are into music because you want to make music and have that be "your purpose". But you can't. So instead you revolve you're life around analyzing the music that everyone else is making.
Other people don't care about music that much, so they just listen to whatever. This angers you.

and stay down

yep this is a redpill

fuck you

africa confirmed patrician

Fuck your buzzwords and fuckoff

Rap is real emo

recording technology has completely ruined the very core of what makes music so provocative

When it comes down to it, music is the ultimate fad

Other people really don't fucking give a shit. Listen to whatever.

it's not the most important thing

Like some redpill ccck? Plz rspnd.

choa is the best and everyone else is competing for second place

The real fucking redpill is that music was never meant as a means of art

It was intended for remembering prayer
Every piece of music afterwards owes it's heritage to the church

this would be true if music didn't exist before christianity (it did)

libtards should stay off Sup Forums

None recorded though.
It did not survive because no one wrote it down.
we only know about it because we found fossils of instruments.

I would say that because of that, pre chant music did not influence music

lol trigert

youtube.com/watch?v=xERitvFYpAk
wrong again

Everything sounds the same and it's all shit

poltards should stay on their containment board

pop music is used to indoctrinate the youth
real gucci is dead

all greatest composers of the 20th century wrote their greatest pieces after the ww2

Furthermore, church modes were based (though incorrectly) off of greek modes. They at least got the names right. Pythagoreas's and Aristotle's theories of music/acoustics are preserved at the very least. Pythagoreas even has an entire tuning system to his name.

the 20th century is g*y

>music before the church is not recorded therefore the church invented music
damn this really is a redpill

It's a language. And the use of languages changes through time so it's pretty irrelevant what the primary function or meaning was.

ok, the men in wigs and drag weren't gay then

Every piece ever fits somewhere in here. Also see how there's no good or bad.

where does the wu-tang clan fall on this chart?

pop

It especially doesn't matter because early church fathers perceived sung sacred music as a way to express God's beauty (this is also why art was mostly Christian in the early ages). In fact a lot of people (Thomas of Aquinas included iirc, though he did see the merits) became wary of music as a way to express prayer because the pleasure was just too powerful.

To do what? Apart from buying shit maybe

how?

by being pop music homo

Underrated even with 3 replies

Thread idea: make this a sliding scale (2D, triangle) and list some artists to place on it

you are on Sup Forums, how fucking retarted are you

this is why Sup Forums is the easiest board to troll

The less intellectually engaged you are, the more pleasurable music becomes. This applies to creating, performing, and listening.

The blinder of a sheep you are, the more you enjoy, in other words. Undeniable, yet unfortunate.

i'm sorry, my dude, by jam bands are fucking horrible

The Backstreet Boys did 9/11.

>redpill
no

objectively true

Jam Bands are based around improvisation and knowledge of music. That's intelluctually engaged.

These are also pointless labels. No one uses this to specify what genre an artist is. It's way too vague.

>he's still on red pills in a bogpilled age
get a load of this dingus

i mean with similar logic you could argue youtube poops are "intellectually engaged"

"Pop" as a music descriptor is as useless as whatever derogatory term Sup Forums is regurgitating in a given month. I believe it is currently " nu male"

I have no idea what "YouTube poops" are/is.

Bad example, YTPs involve creative editing at the very least

sad but true and now i want to die

It's baneposting from 2007-09 except replace the plane scene with really shitty mario and zelda cutscenes from a terrible non-Nintendo console

they actually are.
youtube.com/watch?v=8hC3H-wv7SU

That arrangement of words doesn't mean anything to me. Still don't understand.

music is shit for retarded minds
just read poetry pleb!

are you new or are you just 40 years old?

kek

this is a YTP
or this
youtube.com/watch?v=K146oGH0pXM

This is some sort of visual "comedy" or something.
I thought we were talking about music.

stop being right, cunt.

the more you listen to music, the less you enjoy it

Kill yourself

You are into music because you want to make music and have that be "your purpose". But you can't.

Lol...

This, notice how most mutants are ugly? Its a form of compensation/not measuring up to normalfag social standards, so they create their own social hierrchies. Ever wonder why the rym/lastfm communities are the cancerous judgemental hivemind shitholes that they are?

grimes is shit
animal collective is shit
NiN is shit
Kanye is shit
Lamar is shit

that's not a redpill that's just being edgy

t. grimes fan

Cringe. This is what uggos tell themselves as compensation

That what we consider popular and influential now can and will likely be considered garbage 100 years from now in the history books. Classical music critics don't look at how popular the composer was when then were alive and afterwards to determine how much of an influence they have and how important they are. They look at the music theory, the concepts used in their work that set them apart, and how people who composed after them used the same concepts. Rock and other pop music critics just look at sales. I guarantee that the pop music of today will be considered a dead end when it comes to how music evolves throughout history on the future. The Beatles may go down in history as one of the greatest rock bands of early rock, but maybe they won't. It just takes time to determine how and why this music is good and important.

This is bluepill my dude.

pic related are saving music

the intensity of your reaction to a musical piece isn't an arbiter of aesthetic excellence in any way whatsoever

You're an idiot. Hitler got Germany out of economic depression.
And he was left economically and right socially.

harmony > rhythm

:(

how do I get out of this trap? should I stop listening to other people's music altogether and start doing my own?

Pop music is better than Classical.

holy fuck...

You Sup Forumstards are embarrassing. He got out of the depression by building a military industry used to kill people and take land. And that accomplishment is completely overstated since Germany was in fiscal danger again by the end of the 30s, so they war effort continued to compensate. How can you fucks seriously look to Hitler as some great person? Is it just to be a contrarian since most see him as the worst person to ever live?

ar u angry people have different political opinions to u ;'(
tru
I mean there is emo rap
lol
edgy af

But I do make music. But I still have no purpose. No one has a purpose but to love, friendo

Am I the only one who has been totally concious (and pretty much content) with this reality for a long time? Besides the part where I can't make music, since I haven't given up on that yet.