Mfw I've been a Star Wars fan my whole life and just recently discovered that Star Trek is more consistent in it's...

>mfw I've been a Star Wars fan my whole life and just recently discovered that Star Trek is more consistent in it's quality, and that's just the first 6 movies.

How old are you?

They both have sound effects on space so i can't suspend disbelief.

Sounds like autism to me, user.

Maybe but I'm high functioning enough to have a job and family so that's fine

If you know anything about the mechanics of spaceflight, every sci-fi film becomes retarded except for 2001

You mean if you're autistic.

Eh, Star Trek at least tried to avoid the topic of spaceflight for the most part, knowing it's too complicated to make the audience deal with, so usually they just "got into orbit", and the rest is left up to imagination.
Sure, there's some stuff in there that makes little sense, but for the most part they don't pretend like you need to keep the engine running to stay in Orbit or travel through space normally.

Unlike the fucking reboots where getting your engine shutdown in pissing distance from the Moon, means you're all of a sudden falling straight down towards Earth, and will hit the surface in 5 minutes.

The fact that that part of Into Darkness bothered you that much is, again, autism.

>I can't enjoy anything outside of known physics & maths

>Star Trek is more consistent in it's quality

Yeah, it's consistently low budged and shit

The fact that you keep posting replies to at least two people contributing absolutely nothing more than "you is autismus", is a sign that I'm kind of a jackass for even taking the time out to write this medium effort response to low effort bait.

Aliens, laserswords, space wizards and sentient robots...yet noise in space is what bothers ypu?

I'm sorry, is it a normal to be bothered by unrealistic physics in a movie where they have the technology to travel multiple times faster than light and travel through time?

>Eh, Star Trek at least tried to avoid the topic of spaceflight for the most part, knowing it's too complicated to make the audience deal with, so usually they just "got into orbit", and the rest is left up to imagination.

Have you even watched Star Trek apart from the new action drivel movies?

>Have you even watched Star Trek apart from the new action drivel movies?
Have you?

In the old shows, they always made it look like there was more to operating a starship, while it's exactly the new movies that turned it into literally Galaxy Quest.

>The new Trek movies aren't old Trek so they're drivel

Here (You) go.

>muh joss whedon

They are literally generic action shlock involving no kind of exploration, diplomacy or scientific explanation of anything. If they wanted to make generic action sci-fi, there's no need to drag Star Trek through the mud to do so, but they knew that good cucks like you will pay for even the most retarded excuse for a movie as long as it has one of your favourite logos on it.

Here's another (You). Don't eat too many. They're high in fat, but clearly (You) aren't concerned with things like that.

When a ship's hull is damaged, the particles dispersed by the weapons temporarily allow the transmission of sound

it's the future, it's not a fucking alternate reality