How to cope with losing a lot of money? I just lost $1500 on a bad investment and feel like shit...

How to cope with losing a lot of money? I just lost $1500 on a bad investment and feel like shit. It's not all bad because I dont have too many bills and have a stable job while going to school, but boy do I feel like a jackass.

Tips/stories are welcome

What did you invest in OP?

Hahahahah.

Now, what did we learn here?

See, it did pay off!

Betting on McGregor wasn't an "investment."

Learn from your mistakes. 1500 is really not that much money. Don't be afraid to take another investment when you can afford to. Everybody takes losses

Don't sweat it. I put about $3400 into a penny stock that's now worth about $400.
On the flip side, I put about 50k in a fund that's now worth about 60k in just over a year.

Long story but I bought a used car and didnt do my research (not a car guy) and found that it needed a lot of maintenance done, on top of that it's a turbo engine which has really expensive parts, even after consulting the cheap mechanic shops.

It's not so much a lost investment bc the car still works but I could have spent a lot less.

Whats it like to have that much money?

Yeah i know but im a student and spent the whole summer busting ass to save up. I dont need money urgently or anything it's just a sucky feeling knowing I could have that money now if i was just wiser.

Thank you though user

Not that fun tbh. It really does not buy happiness I found

Just do your research, no biggie. And if you bought it from someone of eBay or something, ask to look at the car, and ask about it's state. If they lie, you can sue them, in line with your statutory rights.

Don't sweat it, bro.

I wish i could figure out how to earn that much. I get 500 a month for disability. It sucks. My hearts giving out in the next 8 years.

live and learn, bud.

I'm a canadafag, and the guy didnt really lie he just knew nothing about under the hood because he never had it brought to a mechanic, which I thought was a sign that it had no problems but i never realized that meant 3 years of no maintenance until it was too late.

I wanted to have it checked out but if I had left for just a day without buying it some other dude was gonna get it. Not sure if that was true but i was impulsive and bouggt it after looking through it myself (again not a car guy) and my dad (also not rly a car guy). I realise it was a gamble

Sucks bro. Are you terminal? Dont wanna be harsh but if you are savings arent really that important. Do you live at home?

My artifical heart valves with have holes in them by then and they can't open my chest again due to severe damage. As of right now they got nothing. I live in a duplex my grandparents own. All i pay is bills. Lucky i got state healtg insurance or id be 3mil in debt. Also im confused easier now a days so to clarify im not op

don't worry OP
I lost $40,000 in a day once

it's ok. easy come easy go.

Ah man. :( Shit, suddenly 1500 is nothing.
Hang in there user.

Did you get it back? Story?

no I didn't

I did in another investment though.

I don't have a job
I am a student who gambles.
I win big and lose big.

I should quit.

Saving some aside each month so i can go camping or some shit. There's a camp ground about an hour away with a nice lake beach and shit. Probably take a friend and some booze.

Fuck dude. How do you not let the greed/guilt eat you?

I must say I recently made $17,000 in a day.

I win and lose a couple of 1000 every day.

I have about $60k give or take $10k
but my student debt is about $90k though

so I am still fucked

You misused the word 'investment'

An investment is somethign that brings you money over time.

A car is never an investment (unless you're buying it to make money for you, or it's a classic collector's car that gains value over time).

Online gambling?

I guess. I see it as an investment in the sense that paying for it now would give me reliable transportation for the next 4 or 5 years until I graduate.

the first time it happened I felt sick in my stomach

I had invested in penny stocks

I went from $8k (all my savings) to $70k in about 3 months.
Then in 1 day it went from $70k to $30k

and died down to about $12k

I felt sick because my parents make about $30k on a year basis.
and i dont have a job.

I 'lost' about $120k on the stock market too.

'Lost' because I still have the stocks, but they're now valued at -40%.

It's a blue chip though, so I'm hoping it gains back.

nice

I feel you

I own stocks who depreciated 50%+ too
I also still own some stocks of bankrupt companies lol
nothing to be proud of though

I lost close to 300,000$ through years in investments OP, so don't worry, I am here less rich and more poor but what the hell, who cares? only me, and to tell you the truth, I live the same way and Im ok