Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums
My dad got me a job for one company.
I just need to create them website and they pay me shekels.
I know how to edit HTML and CSS (who doesn't?) but I have no clue how hosting and domains work.
Anyone care to answer few questions?

Other urls found in this thread:

html5up.net/dimension/download
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Call GoDaddy and present them your anus. If they like what they see and smell, you're in business

You buy them. Host is usually monthly, domains yearly.

kek

Your daddy is a faggot just like you.

Ze questions:
>which hosting service and domain provider are the best (for decent price)?
>how do I "link" to each other?
>i use template from html5up.com called Dimensions and there is contact section. How do I make it send to certain e-mail?
I'm good with Linuxes so he immediately thought I'm da boss in everything computer. Faggot.

which ones do you recommend?

bumperino
this is super important
today I'm going to company to see what they want
how can I make myself look the best for them?
I'm fucking nervous af

Wear nice clothes, make sure you're properly groomed, act confident, etc.

The usual stuff, OP. Don't be a faggot.

been a while since I shopped them. couple years ago I bought 2-3 years of bluehost for $4/mo but it's around $15 now paying by the month. anyone will sell domains don't pay more than around $15/year

> how can I make myself look the best for them?
Simple - be a full stack web developer.

Well, you can't call someone a faggot if you need his help. Just fucking google free hosting, make yourself an account and host your website. Also, download Filezilla, that's how you connect to a server so you don't have to use those slow control panels.

And how do I connect domain to server? Is there an option in control panel or what?
I always thought web development was useless and focused on programming more.
I'm just 18 and this is my first job offer.
Also how much would you charge for website?

Finally, I am familiar with FTP. If I need his help it doesn't mean I have to suck his dick though.
It sucks you can't try out GoDaddy man.
I hope I won't screw anything up.
I'm using some template from html5up.com btw.
No clue on how to make contact form work

wear a collared shirt and pants. no shitty logos on your clothes or stupid colors. tucking in your shirt might help. belt.

you register the domain with the host. if you buy the domain through the host they'll set it up automatically.

businesses are usually happy to spend a few hundred dollars for a decent website. if it need maintenance or changes periodically give them an hourly rate, something like $20/hour. brain work ain't cheap.

> how much would you charge for website?
Depends on functionality and scale. Simple static page 100-500€, simple page with CMS 300-800€, scalable web-app/information system - 1000-5000€.

To name your domain it's free. (www.yoursite.com). After that buy a web hosting and you'll get account (username, pass and other info need for connection to your domain resources). That's it. Everything you put in your root folder on your hosting place, it will be automatically visible on your domain (www.yoursite.com)

If you think webdev is useless how do you expect to push any applications you make? It's incredibly simple to set up hosting and domains, just simple stuff like changing server codes and registries. Set dynamic nameservers of domain to host server and done.

For a contact form you'll need some programming language. Usually, web hosting provider has example codes for that. But if they don't, just google send email with [your programming language].

It's just a static page. Now that I think of it, they said it was for advertising. Basically all I'd need is gallery, contact form and about.
How will website become visible on Google or something? Do I have to have many visitors for that?
Thanks man, I'll look it up. Or I can simply add e-mail: [email protected] in plain text or as in mailto:

>in plain text

That depends on how serious you want your web site to look.

You need to register your domain to a search engines (Google, Yahoo etc.) Pay attention to meta information on your website and name your pictures with relevant key words. Also the text on a site should have key words, a lot of it. And of cours depends on a number of clicks.

Well I would love to make great impression and get more shekels but I don't know how I will get contact form to work.
I use this one: html5up.net/dimension/download

Without checking the link: Phpmailer

As I said, you'll need a programming language for that. Connect your button to an event, collect info from textboxes and the rest you do via code itself.

Yup I know, I was just looking for easier workarounds. seems to have one
Thanks man, I didn't know of this at all.

You need backend knowledge to make a contact form. Either python, php, or get all isomorfic with javascript and node. I would suggest python Django backend api server with reactjs front. Fastest way to build any webpage.

What did you programm if you think web-dev is useless?

I just started learning Python and C++. Nothing complicated, just calculators for now.
I thought webdev market was already filled but turns out I was very wrong.

Webdev is easy as fuck if you're just gonna make some static websites. Quick money

Yeah, that's what I thought as well, but ya know, first time doing it so I feel kinda lost.
I hope I won't jew them out or anything like that.

Yes, very wrong. I am front-end web developer, but I sometimes make cross platform software - mac/windows using reactjs/electron. Many apps today are based on chromium browser or react native.

Sup Forums brainwashed me to be honest
Electron was presented to me as bloat that should be avoided, that webdev was useless and that low-level languages mattered the most.

If you'll do business with WEB applications (sites), I suggest you learn C# or PHP or Java. If you'll use some tools to develop a web application, it WILL come to a point sooner or later when you'll need to understand how the app works so you could satisfy your client. My advice start with ASP.NET (C#).

Or just use Wordpress as a CMS and make use of the hundreds of contact form plugins that are available