Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_8WwS1hYDcA
youtube.com/watch?v=c_uX67n5bxs
youtube.com/watch?v=n5riyajbsq0
youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs
youtube.com/watch?v=_peXtNpuIJs
comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/31/why-batman-v-superman-is-smarter-than-you-think-/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good vid I liked when they were breaking down the green gas and how it attacks superman cells

This is why Marvel films ar so shit

This is retarded on so many levels.
Science of things that dont exist.

>How dare a film back up its supernatural elements with in universe science with continuity in mind!
You're a fag 2bh

marvelfag detected, go get a woman to wrap her legs aropund your neck but not break it even though shes a trained killer, marvel logic

>solar-powered people aliens
>science

Acquire sex.

those marvel tears

Delicious

watching this scene again really reminds me of how terrible the writing in batman v superman was.

Cool. Which film is that?

Supernatural things are fine. Ignoring the fundamental laws of our universe isn't. This is partly why Superman looked like shit. He jumps but again and again there is no recoil.

>experts hypothesize

>1420 lbs of force

So, he hits less hard than some of the best heavy weight boxers?

>lead based alloy
>softens the blows
wat

The guy is using "science" to analyze the film. That doesn't mean the film follows any law of physics.

t. actual physicist

Wish they'd done a breakdown of everything and not stopped at the roof stomp but that was pretty cool regardless.

where were you when marvel got scienced, I was at home lads.

"The guy" is doing narration for a video included in the Blu-Ray, he doesn't give two shits about whatever garbage he's saying.

Was it you in that webm thread last night? I hope not, that guy was fucking annoying.

You just described why Superman movies are unfilmable.
I mean just look at Man of Steel.
>Zod picks up a massive piece of metal.
>Swings it as Superman.
>Superman melts it.
>We all know he had no reason to, because even if he took it head on, it would've amounted to about as much as a scratch from a pissed of house cat

Superman works off of cartoon physics, only taking damage when convenient, mildly getting tossed around the rest of the time like a rubber toy.

That isn't really Zack's fault, but it's there and there's little that can be done about it without abandoning everything about how Superman operates.

Oh, I didn't know that. He's just stating facts, not analyzing if anything makes sense or not.

No, I wasn't here last night.

Actually, let me correct myself:
>why Superman movies where fights are meant to be visceral are unfilmable.
The original two Superman movies were pretty good, mostly because fights seeming real were the last of their priorities.

autism; the post

It's not about him taking damage but about him being pushed back or leaving traces on the ground when he takes off. He also just seems to absorb the power which doesn't make sense and I think people realize that something is off while watching it.
I also think doing it my way would really add to the gravitas of the fights.

what the fuck are you on about? Absorbs power? My way?

You high?

Yeah I get what you mean, but it's just another symptom of the core issue of Superman.
He can't take visible damage from anything but cataclysimc events, but he also can't look completely and utterly invincible, so he gets tossed around a little while both he and his foes know it accomplishes nothing.

With your example, he can't just casually fly off at a slow pace, because it doesn't make him seem as powerful as the narrative needs him to seem, but he also can't cause damage to his surroundings, because then he's a vandal, and not the pristine perfect godly being who comes in, sets things straight in an instant then flies out not even disturbing old Lady Madison upstair's who's taking her afternoon nap so his surroundings show no effect of his passing for no reason.

>Science
>Capeshit

The movie was still shit.

He's basically saying that if someone launches off of the ground at Mach 5, the ground shouldn't remain perfectly pristine, even if the force of the Mach 5 jump didn't come from pushing away from the ground but just whatever anti-gravity gland or whatever Superman has.

Purely as an example:
youtube.com/watch?v=_8WwS1hYDcA

>Video doesn't evne fucking have the jump.
Fuck me.
On the off chance you didn't see what I was getting at when Sup Forums was meming One Punch Man over here: youtube.com/watch?v=c_uX67n5bxs 1:30 ish in this video

Well, BvS takes the cake in fight scenes, story, visuals and cinematography.

Civil War rakes the money.

Appealing to the lowest common denominator usually does make the money to be fair

I honestly wish Marvel and DC could get both things right, create if not great then highly above average products. Right now Marvel's too safe and cookie cutter and DC has a gigantic bias against them.

I just want an Invincible animated series.

This. Sort of hard to explain for a non-native speaker.

>it doesn't make him seem as powerful as the narrative needs him to seem, but he also can't cause damage to his surroundings, because then he's a vandal, and not the pristine perfect godly being
But wouldn't it be cool to have this inherent predicament (I think Snyder tried to have his movies about this?) visible on screen?

This.

It would be cool, and I actually can respect in a way if Zack was trying to go for it, but it goes in a lot of ways against what Superman represents.
He really has become a sort of Anti-Boogeyman who is for the people of the setting a sort of "there's someone out there watching over us who can set everything right".
I don't think DC wants to divorce itself from that concept which makes it next to impossible to truely portray that kind of conundrum.

>Invincible animated series
I'd watch it.

Invincible is ridiculously camp though. Sam Raimi would make a perfect director for it with all the blood too.

Fact

>Science of things that dont exist.

What is global warming

Experts hypothesize this was the only entertaining part of 2 hours of bullshit.

why is it so much colder in celcius?

That's like asking why 2 meters is shorter than 6 feet

Did thay video explain why Batman wasn't liquified when Superman smashed him through all whole building? Or why Superman didn't just dodge the second Kryptonite grenade?

Because it's colder in Europe than in the USA

You are truly pethetic. You're literally scraping the bottom of the barrel to try and convince yourself that BvS was good. "See? The science backs it up!" Fucking Tony Stark building an arc reactor in a cave is more scientifically plausible than anything in BvS.

No sir. You are really pathetic, tell me, can you name one theme song from a Marvel film? Dont worry I'll wait.

are we just going to ignore that its clearly not 48 ft

The actual Avengers theme is pretty swish, and the Raimi Spiderman theme is awesome.
Not even the guy you were talking to but tryharderfaggot.jpg

6 months later Marvel still cant explain why their sound design is so shit and why they literally have no story or emotional content

This is how you know Marvelfags are below 20 IQ

Avengers is just lots of percussion and orchestral general crap just like the rest of them I cant hum the tune of any marvel film

watch the video you nonce it goes further

The best part of that isn't even mentioned. Which is fine since it has nothing to do with "science." It's that Superman flies up before lasering the gun turrets. This makes the beams - after going through the turrets - impact into the Earth. The Earth being the only thing around dense/thick enough to stop the beams.

It was one of the best moments to show Superman's growth. He's learning.

Do people really care this much about capeshit, how old are you faggots. Watch some real films you pathetic manchildren

BASED SNYDER

You're on Sup Forums.

>The Earth being the only thing around dense/thick enough to stop the beams.
Imagine if he was wrong though, and sliced the planet in half while testing his theory.

Your post is nonsense for two reasons, 1: your gif is Zod losing control of his heat vision, not Clark and 2, in Man of Steel Clark already has more than decent control of his heat vision enough that he could use it to cauterize Lois' injury in the alien ship.

He flies up and lasers the guns from above because visually it looks good, not whatever HE'S LEARNING garbage you're trying pitch.

Nobody cares.

Fact.

He might still be.

>somewhere in coast city, red lasers erupt from the ground and carve a tiny trench hundreds of miles wide
>lava erupts
>earthquakes
>millions in property damage
>the beams continue through space, destroying entire systems as they spread

The only kind thing would be for Superman to blind himself so this never happens again.

1 My gif was chosen because lazy; it was the first gif small enough after googling "eyebeams." It doesn't matter whose they are.

2 Using them in a calm situation isn't the same as in a fight, which he had never been in until MoS. If you care so much to call my post crap, then go find gifs of Superman using his beams for yourself.

Well, he was swinging with Zod strength which is pretty much the same as Superman strength so I guess it would've caused some damage.

A twig is a twig, even if Dwayne The Rock Johhnson is the one swinging it at you.

A steel bar is basically a twig for Superman.

>snyder
>tried

haha, that's funny

>Using them in a calm situation isn't the same as in a fight

But wasn't your post saying that he used his powers in such a way BECAUSE he was in control of them so as not to cause collateral damage? You are slipping and sliding, Captain Backpedal.

is the sound design maymay because a nolan movie won an oscar for sound editing or something?

Kind of a fucked up metaphor, as caning exists.

I enjoyed the movie but the video's narrator made the whole thing deem retarded to me.

caning is done with long slender branches, not twigs. Dwayne might put your eye out though.

> long slender branches, not twigs

... yea the distinction here is so tiny its pretty embarrassing you're trying to make it at all.

He's learning that control and situational awareness. Yes. Items that would not be learned using them in different situations - such as cauterizing a wound.

Calm down, buddy. Breathe.

Every Frame a Painting just came out with "Marvel music isn't memorable," so everyone's going to parrot it for a week or so.

Seriously just stop. A better comparison would be a whiffle bat or, even better, cardboard tube.

this

hhahahahahahha
silly americuck

>tfw your favorite flick factory doubles down on pandering to your autism

I bought the blu ray 4 times

DC DAMAGE CONTROL FORCE

>american education

Nigger, people have been saying Marvel has shit music for years.

>Calm down, buddy. Breathe.

Is there a more clear indicator of someone who can't support his argument that trying to imply someone else is somehow upset. You don't have the guts to defend your original argument.

not him but you are getting unnecessarily argumentative against something that does not merit an argument

Superman flies up so that he doesn't hit the things around the turrets, that much is clear

Did Batman Vs Superman come out already? Sorry, usually when a big film comes out I can tell because my friends all want to see it, but I guess none of them wanted to see this? Dunno why.

because they don't exist?

Don't be mad, m8. It's just that nobody I know or am related to has ever expressed interest in watching it. Or Man of Steel, for that matter. Odd, isn't it?

morons often soround themself with morons.
p.s. get better bait next time.

In all honesty though, I think some people understand that DC is hanging on Marvel's coattails trying to start up their own Cinematic Universe. And the films haven't managed to sell themselves as interesting very well.

It's not like Superman is a very interesting concept, anyhow.

MAN VS GOD
GOD VS THE DEVIL
BANE VS CIA
GUTS VS GRIFFITH

From any Marvel film, or the MCU? Because Blade has a kick-ass soundtrack, but if you're going by the MCU only, Iron Man's was pretty awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=n5riyajbsq0

Marvel movies are devoid of emotion. They're just long versions of funny skits meant for 9 year olds

youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs

>capeshit company wars

No, thats headcanon fool

>5,500 celsius = 9932 fahrenheit
>10,000 fahrenheit = 5538 degrees celsius
>science

So which is it?

All capeshit is meant to children. Do you honestly believe a movie about a man in a bat costume fighting another guy in blue spandex is supposed to be for intelligent adults?

The fact that BvS has classical music to try and add weight to it just makes it an unintentional comedy. Kids don't give a shit about that, which is why Marvel always wins.

DC did it right in the past where if you want to make a superhero movie for adults, you need to make it graphic and violent, like Blade and Batman.

Gryffindor vs Slytherin

DUBS VS SINGLES

Batman wasnt graphic and violent. It wasn't aimed at kids either.

And dont try to take away the merits of BvS by stripping it down to guy in a bat costume. The characters might have originated in children's books but throughout the last 70 ears they've evolved to be cultural icons.

Marvel's stuck in the past making unmemorable shit because the're owned b Disney- a group that lives on servicing kids (and to a greater extent families). WB and Snyder are different. They're obviously aiming for a more mature demographic and if you cant see that then you deserve front row seats to next Thor or GotG.

youtube.com/watch?v=_peXtNpuIJs

comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/31/why-batman-v-superman-is-smarter-than-you-think-/

I always thought DC was just kinda scrambling in Marvel's wake to cash in on its success, desperately and hastily formulating their own cinematic universe while failing to really create anything interesting.

>people so desperately want to defend Snydershit so they add some pointless "hide" symbolism in scenes and even tries to show "scientific" side of battles.
Goddamnit. Zack, your movie is still sucks. No matter how hard you'll show how deep and cool it is in your mind.

Are they wearing armor which weighs more than their entire body?

>morons often so round themself

what did he mean by this