Reminder that genre labels are made up shit by white ppl

reminder that genre labels are made up shit by white ppl.
reminder that its just a way for them to market to you and sell you a "scene" so you think you're a special snowflake unlike "normies"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DolzX6XjERM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FCK THIS FAGGOT NIGGER

Miles Davis' entire career is nullified by that hairdo.

didn't miles davies beat his wife, why would you agreed with a wife beater u sexist bigot

He is right, desu.

FUCK LABELZ AND SHIET MY NIGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

youtu.be/DolzX6XjERM
Bait is stale

don;t really care about the racist implications but he's right that labels are a cancerous way to describe and discuss music

Why did this mad man hate white people so much

Seems pretty mean if you ask me. Miles David more like meanie david

How can I as a white devil make amends for my ancestors crimes against music?

>be black
>get freed by white people instead of going to war
>cry and piss eveeywhere becausw you get called mean names
>still cry and bitvh abput everything for zero reason
>colonial """"""""""""""ptsd""""""""""""""""""
What was meant by this?

great

a great thread

agreed, jazz and reggaeton are not different enough to warrant having their own distinct label to separate them

his main problem was all the white journalists saying bitches brew wasn't true jazz
and he was right they should stfu

This is such a great thread!

You could try going back to r*ddit.

>labels white people
>bemoans that white people have to have a label on everything

>that decrease in traffic in 2012/2013, phones included
What happened?

it went shit

Throw yourself off a cliff or at least get chemical birth control on your testicles or something my dude, fuck it share your wife with a black man and raise the child

All that good shit

aristotle BTFO

We're already here

People ran out of shit to troll. Sup Forumss war on everything saved Sup Forums believe it or not

>complains about labels
>uses the term 'white folks'

reminder that you can be a virtuosic and legendary musician, but also really dumb at the same time.

invalid argument
i'm 100% certain the label 'white folks' was invented by white folks

>hey jim, what you been listening to lately?
>eh this new band called the strokes, they are pretty good
>oh yeah? what do they sound like?
>they do that thing with electric guitars and electric bass and drums and a singer too, playing in common time and verse-chorus songs
>sounds cool buddy

ah yes, the old 'he's exempt from hypocrisy because he's black' argument

>his main problem was all the white journalists saying bitches brew wasn't true jazz
this
OP's quote is just Miles being mad af at white music journalists

my god
poltards will be offended at fucking anything

Genre labels are pretty helpful though.

t. idm pro
t. edm pro
t. prog pro
t. post-rock pro
t. krautock pro
t. """""indie""""" pro
t. grunge pro

the strokes are just rock

true

junkie. couldn't pay his bills. beat his women.

musicians shouldn't be allowed to talk

your a faggot for fucking trying

You're asshurt can be seen from pluto

How does that invalidate the argument? He's still using a label

but miles was trying to take jazz forward
the writers wouldn't let him they said "oh jazz has to be this fixed thing, you're making something else, let's call it 'jazz fusion'"
the problems start where marketing and creativity collide because you have writers and labels preferring to rebrand constantly, as well as document, catalogue and preserve genre identities, creating a narrative of big ideas
and you have artists who feel a part of something larger like miles with jazz who want to take the genre forward, but jazz is now this fucking awful tepid thing because of that little editorial change, just adding one word 'fusion' to his shit they effectively stopped jazz in its tracks

that's a label bro, you can't say that!

don't pretend you don't understand, with your little deschanel reaction gif. whether it was invented by white people or not doesn't change a thing about hypocrisy.

>whataboutism
meh

man it triggers me so hard when people say shit like "it's just a label man"
like yeah wow a label as in a vital part of communication for describing something in fewer words
I'm not going to refer to all jazz and "nigger trumpet sounds" because we have the fucking word jazz
fuck trumpet is just a label for "brass three valve tooty"
people who think labels are a bad thing are fucking retarded

as* not and

>illiterate buffoon loves labels
not surprised at all.

This

It's like those retards who act like their too smart for the "left right paradigm"

We say "left" "right" "centre left" etc because it's easier than sitting down for 1 hour and reciting our political manifesto and its brief enough to give you a low down on our political ideas

Some people man...

but the left right paradigm is mind cancer, user

good to see people are still keeping up the proud tradition of trolling
le epic memes bro
you really got me

Found the retard

do you remember when you were a kid and you could just tell how someone was instantly
before you were trained up with all these convenient ways to define yourself

Wow you seem like such a free thinker please go on. This is riveting stuff

t.buffoon

there you go, i knew you had it in you

itt: buffoons

Genre labels are helpful though. They can help you find the type of music you're looking for.

IDs and filters

>reminder that its just a way for them to market to you and sell you a "scene" so you think you're a special snowflake unlike "normies"

It's also a term used by idiots to distinguish musicians from each other when virtually every musician sounds different and has their own style.

>virtually every musician sounds different and has their own style.

God, I hate niggers. This is why I listen only to white musicans.

Bless him man.

you just told me that every single musician has their own style. I can tell you don't know very much about music.

But jazz fusion does make sense as a name for Bitches Brew, although calling it "not jazz" would be retarded.

I'm so appalled

This but unironically.

people do though

We put them in shitholes like Detroit with no money so they have to sell crack for a living. No wonder they're mad.

>Sup Forums misinterprets a hyperbole as something literal again.

>IT WAS JUST A FIGURE OF SPEECH BRO

Fucking
THIS

whites got to the US first. It wouldn't be fair to just hand nice neighbourhoods to blacks immediately, would it? people who come second must earn their spurs.

Fuck Labels and Fuck ___________