What made this so good?

What made this so good?

Any other essential /seakino/?

I guess everyones still dumbfounded by its excellence

Some famous naval movies. Some better some worse. I still haven't seen Kon Tiki and Defiant.

I suck at mosaics but the thread was about to die so there's no time.

The third one at the bottom is Shackleton.

>I still haven't seen Kon Tiki and Defiant.
They're great.

I also enjoyed pic related. Ron Howard sure knows how to make a film.

what's so good about two ships chasing each other for a whole movie? boring film.

>Any other essential /seakino/?
Jaws
All is Lost

> what made this so good ?
all male cast

Weevil puns

Das Boot

Where the dudes gay or something lmao what a dumb movie.

how is moby dick? just got done reading the book, it was a masterpiece

Abridged or full?

Full nigga. Wodsworth edition. shit was so dense took me longer than karamazov

none of them are gay

They just.. they'll just never understand.

LONDON

The attention to detail

There was this tv movies mini series ( actually it must be two tv movies) of London's Seawolf with S. Koch.
I personally enjoyed it.

White Squall

moana

yea, this had a similar feel. pretty dece. it was never gonna top master but it filled that void that needing filling for a few hours.

I didnt get this
can somebody explain this movie to me?

There's this movie where the crew in a boat are holding a mermaid inside a big aquarium and I think there's a blonde scientist who is a lesbian and there's spooky stuff happening all over

Its a very atmospheric thriller/horror movie but now i forgot the name it was really on the tip of the lip

I think Das Boot should be in there

got anything other info that might help nail this movie down? sounds interesting

How has no one mentioned Waterworld?

Just Age of Sail and otherwise old-fashioned movies.
WWI/WWII era has so many great naval movies. It's a whole new story but of course on Sup Forums Das Boot needs to be mentioned everywhere all the time.

HAHAHAHAHA YOU MUST A WOMAN YOU DUMBASS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried watching it with some of my girlfriends a little while ago, we made it about halfway through before we gave up.

Dont see why Sup Forums puts this flick on such a pedestal, from the little I saw its just an hour and a half of nothing.

can sum1 tell me what was goin in this flick haha

i will succ

nice bait

I got you, OP.

>This is a story of the Battle of the Atlantic, the story of an ocean, two ships, and a handful of men. The men are the heroes; the heroines are the ships. The only villain is the sea, the cruel sea, that man has made more cruel..

And this.

>Wordsworth edition

I couldn't watch all of this after the way it started... why didn't they just make the romance perfect rather than turbulent? The characters were in no way interesting enough to make me care about them esp when they don't necessarily convincingly care about each other.

Its based on a true story. Real life isnt a ferry tale.

but the battle of the Atlantic spanned 6 years, how they condense that into 2 hrs?

They condensed it to a story of two ships and a handful of characters.

so was the revenant, but in reality the villain just stole his shit and he was on an unrelenting journey to get it back. They coulda just made the couple more charismatic for entertainment purposes is all.

>michiel de ruyter
>not utter trash

>ferry tale
kek.

It's alright, the whaling scenes are actually really well done considering when the movie was made and how it was done. Gregory Peck has a pretty weak performance, so was the guy who played Ishmael, but we don't see hear much from him. It's several magnitudes better than the tv miniseries. It doesn't give you the same sense adventure like the book does, and Captain Ahab turns out to be dull. I'd give it around a 5-6/10. There's still a great adaptation to be had.

>showed my mum the final scene because she plays the violin and I wanted to know how good a job Russell did of pretending
>she literally bursts out laughing and says 'why are they giving each other such gay looks?'

I've never had a meme drop into my life so fully-formed

women are the worst

>tell my aunt that SPR is a great movie
>she watches it and then tells me she burst out laughing when that guy was looking for his arm on the beach

The Hornblower series of TV movies is comfy as fuck.

The fact that women will never be able to understand it

Snorkers, good-oh!

this desu

I'd include some submarine movies as sea Kino as well. Most are prime examples of men upholding honorable ideology.

Das Boot is great

hunt for red october is still good after all these years

Red October and maybe crimson tide come to mind, though to a lesser degree.

I was watching a movie about Steve McQueen on a naval ship in china on TCM that was pretty good. Can't remember the name though. It had a young Mako in it too.

It's my favorite movie, even with the cheesy parts. It's the first movie I can remember seeing in theaters and it was glorious. Hearing the anthem in theater blew my mind as a kid.

Does the WOMEN WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND meme have any basis, or is it just a thing people started to spout because it's a great movie about men doing manly things?

t. someone who needs to lurk more

I can understand the appeal to a kid, but I personally can't go past the cheesiness or whatever Baldwin was in.

>that feel when you're a white male and you live in XXI century
>You will see subhumans and women destroy everything that your appreciate in your lifetime.

Those movies are like a time machine that can only send you back in time for two hours just so you feel overly depressed because you're living amongst retards.

Black Sails has some really good scenes at sea, they stay at Nassau for most of the 1st season though

>t. someone who needs to lurk more

what the fuck is the "t." shit

is this some reddit bullshit, who the fuck is to lazy to type

apparently it's true

It's a thing we do here in Finland

I'm sorry that it's became such a meme

Judge for yourself

why is this allowed

every stereotype it is based on an exaggerated reality.

I actually caught this movie one time on cable when it was starting and told my wife that we should watch it, she reluctantly agreed. I saw her enjoying the movie, quiet and not distracting herself with the phone or anything, "wow Sup Forums is so full of shit as always" I thought, because I had already seen this meme here.

Then at the end of the movie, she turns to me and says, I shit you not, "Is that it? nothing ever happened in the whole movie" I lol'd inside.

terveisin

Sup Forums thing I think

you need to go back

t. redditor

Yes, men and women enjoy different things, you stupid shit

moby dick can never be adapted perfectly

aren't we all equal?

lurk moar

No.

if you accept darwin's theory of competitive evolution to be true, then no

my dad and I watched this entire series together

then why women are pushing this equality thing? I don't get it.

that name sounds a bit gay m8

it's the natural conclusion of a dying civilization where men become women and women become men

he was a big fish

fer u

I haven't watched this movie yet.
What is so good about it?

Still haven't seen this, and I love Peter Weir, and everyone always talks about how kino it is.

I guess I've usually just been kind of unimpressed by Russell Crow, except for his part in L.A. Confidential, which he was born to play.

>There's a whole lot of "Swash" but very little "Buckling".
She wrote as she smiled triumphantly. She hit the Return key with fervor while sipping on her fifth glass of Rosé. "You have really outdone yourself this time, Michelle" she thought, finishing the glass of wine. Putting on her best, black tight-fitting dress for the girls night out she mused of all the cocks she was going to suck and all the men she was going to let penetrate her. After all, sex is only physical while she is a victor on the higher, intellectual plane of movie reviews and critiques.

>unimpressed by Russel Crowe

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

crimson tide good i would say, but idk if as good as red october, certainly not as good as das boot.

I fucking hate women

Sup Forums was right all along!

(another movie that women never will understand)

simple jack agrees with OP

explain why the movie was so great then

get out stacey

Meh, it had it's moments and I liked the naval stuff.
Story was a mess though

bump

Read the books, they're great

Kon Tiki is breddy good

Completely forgot about that movie