I love how white ppl love to call shit like television "art" punk and kate bush art pop...

i love how white ppl love to call shit like television "art" punk and kate bush art pop. even fucking swans gets called art rock

but when a black man goes beyond his genre its still called hip hop or even the new label "experimental" hip hop. like nah fuck that

tpab is art rap.
same with the money store and niggas on the moon.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_On_the_Torch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

okay

>the money store

How is it art rap? What did he do so unique and special?

*rap is a vocal style not a genre but I'll play for now

Kendrick Lamar makes oppression rap

>Niggas on the moon
I'll give you that but how does TPAB classify as art rock

Dude he used jazz samples

Television is rock, Kate Bush is pop rock. Using the term "art" to describe a music genre is idiotic.
I'm saging t bad thread.

>muh I'm going to complain about white 'ppl' because I'm jealous of them
typical

SOOOO WOKE
FUCK WHITE 'PEOPLE'

Try again.

Conceptualised nearly 7 years ago, the Concerto for Turntables & Orchestra is the brainchild of Will Dutta (Chimera Productions), borne out of a passion for two seemingly disparate strands of music; hip hop and classical.

Gabriel Prokofiev is a London-based composer, producer, DJ and founder of the record label and club night called Nonclassical. Gabriel Prokofiev was born in 1975 to an English mother and Russian father. He is the grandson of the 20th-century composer Sergei Prokofiev. Throughout his career so far, Prokofiev has written a wide range of orchestral pieces, chamber music, vocal works, film scores and ballets.

According to Prokofiev, a promoter asked him to write a concerto for a DJ using turntables, with the aim of bringing classical music to new places and new people blended with hip hop music.

At first he didn't like the idea at all – thinking it might just turn out to sound terrible – but then he had a brainwave. What if the turntable player used the sounds created by the orchestra and manipulated them? It would be like a battle of sounds. And so Concerto for Turntables and Orchestra was born.

Isn't the hip hop community itself very resistant to divinding hip hop into sub genres?

garbage

Yeah well if he made a better album then maybe it would be art rap besides using art to describe genres of music is like using stone to describe a wall made of stone

>dude jazz samples lmao
It's literally jazz rap. Might as well call ATCQ art rap too. Rodeo is more fitting for "art rap". Also unironically saying "wyd ppl" "black man" is dumb collectivist faggotry and you should feel bad for doing it.

THIS

>wipipo is bad
>kendik is good
>we dindu nuffin
I saw your mum earlier, sucking cock for crack. Have a nice day.

black people can't make art, only experiments

DICK

WE

"art [genre]" is a stupid title anyway. I'd be fine calling tpab "art rap" since that sets it apart from all other rap and I don't give a shit about most other hip hop.
>same with the money store and niggas on the moon.
No.
Also if you're making a post about "muh white ppl," use proper grammar and spelling so people don't know you're a nigger

track by track
Wesley's Theory - pretty generic lyrics, a message about as deep as the story of oj, IE meh.

For Free? - this is trash

King Kunta - primal. nothing artsy about it

institutionalized - first complete song. its okay above average

These walls - this one is first artsy song

u - best song.

alright - conscious hip hop. nothing better than what talib kweli has been talking about for more than a decade.

for sale - second best song, subtle, artsy

momma - different. gimmick in the lyrics could be called artsy

hood politics - bad

how much a dollar cost - just a story

complexion - bad

the blacker the berry - rap

i - live version for a u t h e n t i c i t y, bad pop

mortal man - artsy

alright op i counted 5 songs on your album that are maybe artsy out of 16.

I hate black people.

wow....

"people"

to be fair, a good chunk of it is live jazz bands and musicians that he worked with directly, whether that makes it different or not is your choice of perception

finally free...

That was done in the early 1990s

>Hand on the Torch is the debut album by the jazz-rap group Us3. It received much attention because of its mix of jazz and rap, using live jazz musicians

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_On_the_Torch

bait of the highest order sage

>nigga nigga nigga
>art

>i share a board with people not realizing this is bait

PLS GIB THICC THINKING EMOJI GF

because the purpose of creating a new genre name is all about marketing an album, and "art hip hop" isn't nearly as marketable as art-punk, art-pop, or experimental rock

spit dat truth TPAB 10/10

this and niggas on the moon could easily be considered art hip hop / rap

>muh genre labels

Fuck this board. I swear whenever you try to have a conversation half of the people just start name dropping genres and artists instead of actually talking about the music.

The blacker the berry-rap
Really? thats all you have to say about it?

There's nothing really artful about the presentation of the blacker the berry, the lyrics are empowering and shows another perspective already known for years when the album and single had came out.

Not that guy btw

There's nothing about Kendrick that goes beyond the limitations of hip hop, despite any innovations it has in the world of hip hop it's still just constrained by it