Very unpopular opinions

Post Punk MBV was better than Shoegaze MBV

>Shoegaze MBV
more like Pop Punk with reverb MBV

Rock Katatonia > Doom Katatonia

Pink Floyd is not merely as good as they say

weezer is music for 14 year olds to listen to and think they have good taste in music because not everyone in their peer group listens to it

Mac Demarco is unlikable
A Saucerful Of Secrets is their best album

Every band named nirvana sucks ass
All 7 of them

>not merely
So you think they are better than most people say they are?

Sup Forums is nothing but alt-normies now who refuse to listen nothing beyond the entry lvl artists of every genre.

thanks for this user

>implying that that's an unpopular opinion

This is true. I liked Weezer when I was 11 and outgrew them by 14.

mu actually btfo'd

Agreed being alternative is simply a cheap commodity at this point. Normies come here to get it for free, unaware they're talking to other normies.

same for me. it bothers me they're held so high for what other alt rock bands were doing before them

Side projects are always better than main bands.

A Perfect Circle ------> Tool
Eagles of Death Metal ------> QOTSA
The Dead Weather -------> The White Stripes

The Beatles aren't good and they're a boy band who bought their legacy. They're the One Direction of the 1960s.

If you honestly believe this you didn't get far into their discography.

Listen to Tomorrow Never Knows, For No One, Norweigian Wood, Sun King (the hole Abbey Road medley for that matter), for some pure genius. Everything before 1965 is garbage.

I really don't like the majority of modern shoegaze and I really do prefer the more alt-rock sound of the early 90's shoegaze

Jangle pop MBV was better than post punk MBV.

This. And they only ever bother listening to their one or two most popular albums.

This

MBV's entire discography is shit

Pleb.

damn that REALLY is unpopular.

The Sundays are better than Pantera

I'd say most of the pop rap people and indieshits/p4k drones fit into the category but most of the other users branch out a little.
I can't say I'm entirely innocent of only listening to the popular albums though, for a really long time I was only listening to each artist's canon albums but that stopped when I got into post punk