What is your SHTF vehicle, Sup Forums?

What is your SHTF vehicle, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=slmE--E5txE
truckyeah.jalopnik.com/heres-what-a-toyota-truck-looks-like-after-1-000-000-mi-1776141464
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My legs and a pair of boots because I am too poor to afford car insurance.

>damn I wish it could be a Dodge RAM

>shtf
>vehicle

Ever gave a mountain bikes a thought? What happens when you fags run out of fuel and gas stations are already pillaged and burned to the ground?

LAND CRUISER MASTER FUCKING RACE

>off-road vehicles parked in urban apartment complex parking lots

funny stuff

can make organic fuel

>SHTF

>Does not have sharingan to do KAMUI for interdimensional travel

plebs

This, I can carry around 100lbs of extra gear on my tour-bike, enough to make a very comfortable camp wherever I stop for the night.

>Jeep/Chrysler
That'll last about 5 miles before it breaks down
Try a Tacoma/tundra

>disaster prepping
>not having 500 liters of gasoline stockpiled

I'm not retarded enough to trust that a 70 liter fuel tank will bring me far when I'm burning 30 liters to move 100 km since city roads will be blocked with destroyed cars. My destination is only 300 km from Vienna, so if I'm efficient at driving I could do it on one tank assuming I can use highways for everything after the first 50 km of escaping this shithole.

>inb4 but fuel expires

The idea is to have the 500 liters in rotation, fill the gas tank from the "oldest" jerry can, and fill the empty jerry cans with fresh fuel. Since I'd use my car at least once a week the fuel would be in constant motion and wouldn't ever expire.

>inb4 explosion hazard

>implying I'm too retarded to kit out my SHTF vehicle.

>stockpiling gasoline
>not diesel
Enjoy that 2 year shelf life

I don't need a vehicle because I already live in bumfuck nowhere.

>implying the countryside will be gone to shit
>implying modern diesel will shelf any better

Dodge doesn't fucking sell diesel engines in their RAM here in Austria. It irks me hard as fuck.

>inb4 import a Cummin's diesel and install it yourself

wew lad those things don't pass Euro6 emissions cucking regulations.

I wish I could have a heterosexual vehicle but this place doesn't allow me the luxury.

Maybe I'll go get an army surplus URAL and not register it.

I have seen this bike before, do you also have some carriage to drag on the back.

>People really think using gazz guzzlers is a good idea in a SHTF scenario

No, my bike is a little thicker than that one, I just didn't want to dig for a picture of my bike. When I haul gear on it, I just use 4 pannier bags on the sides, then strap a backpack to the back rack and sleeping bag/tent fit up on the front wheel.

1.3L Jimny sounds like a better idea

I was reading a book in the expanse series and one of the charavters brought upa really good point when an apocalyptic event happened.

>bicycle

Better than a car in terms of maneuvering through small spaces since roads will be fucked. Better than a horse since you dont waste resources on it and it wont bolt. Faster than walking. With a little know how should be easy to repair if something breaks. Light enough to carry over difficult terrain if necessary. Relatively quiet when in operation.

I was actually surprised by how strong a case they made for bikes.

>What is your SHTF vehicle, Sup Forums?

Pic related (not exact). Very similar setup, add bike rack on trailer hitch.

>tfw plainning to swap a 6bt 12v into my FJ80
>tfw cummins parts are cheap and pleanty here
Feels gud man

>those things don't pass Euro6 emissions cucking regulation
We have the same shit here in Colorado. All diesels need to pass yearly smog test and only new trucks with DEF are exempt. Our EPA has a mission to make bringing diesels to the US market as difficult as possible (look at the recent VW scandal)

Lucky for me I don't live in a emissions county, living in butt fuck east Colorado has it's benefits I suppose.

They are if you have multiple 800 gallon tanks of the go go juice in your back yard

what ever I can steal
Probably a nu male's Fj cruiser or a lawyers Jeep Wrangler

I thought modern Jeeps were plastic city shit

I personally wouldn't. I just suggested a more reliable, but relatively similar vehicle.
Enjoy your Prius when SHTF

Mechanical everything. Emp proof. Runs on almost anything blended with diesel

>what ever I can steal
Sup Forums is a white mans board pls go

I wish I picked up a M1009 back when they were cheap :(

Nah. They're not bad

Good truck all round. Rust is always an issue but that can be handled

Oh ok, i have one of those old Raleight bikes and are pretty sweet to ride. I had never seen a bicycle that has racks for panniers on the front wheels, that bike was made to realy get away from all.

>I totally forgot about spare parts availability for a Cummins

Well shit I'd have to import 3 of the fuckers all in one go to make sure I'm properly kitted out.

Hypothetically, maybe its a better idea to go to a wrecking yard and buy some old truck diesel engines.

>shit reliability
>excellent fuel flexibility

I'm pretty sure they exhaust test cars here when the annual registration check is done, which means that I couldn't register a Cummins for daily driving anyway.

I wouldn't steal from a fellow white
Notice I said lawyer...
Or nu male
They are fair game

You got to use what's available to your area.

Isuzu and Mercedes diesels swaps are a thing where I live, Some guy swapped a Mercedes sprinter diesel out of a UPS truck near me even. I would expect you could find something in Europe.

>shit reliability
For a Cummins?
These engines run in gen sets and telehandlers hundreds of thousands of hours, they are reliable as fuck son.

It will carry not just enough for a day or two's camping, but enough to live comfortably away from civilization for a week or more, provided you find water to filter. The bike is a bitch to slow down with that much weight though, and long downhill rides are harrowing.

Shit reliability was referencing buying locally available but used stuff.

I know how good a Cummins engine runs.

The most common vehicles around here which would sport the 400 HP I'd like to see from a pickup truck are 6x2 box trucks and tractor cabs for trailers. I'd say DAF and MAN are more common than Mercedes and Volvo, the remaining trucks all being equally uncommon.

Europe is cucked when it comes to motor vehicles, which is probably why we export all of them.

I know someone in the countryside who bought a Russian military surplus KAMAZ truck with the utility box in the back. Only question with that thing is spare parts and fuel. Military trucks guzzle fuel like there's no tomorrow, in exchange you get a net payload of like 4-5 tons, comfy space in the back (watertight as well), and good performance in horrible road conditions.

>not having a toyota auris hybrid lease pro that drives 4.7 to 100

Step up amateurs.

>explosion hazard battery
>electronic hokus pokus garbage
>shit suspension
>even a deaf man could hear the faggy electromotor whine
>can't move a whole lot of stuff without needing the gasoline engine
>absolute garbage in adverse road conditions

Isn't the point of an SHTF vehicle to navigate shitty terrain and not sink?

>unironically using wheels with a 3 inch road profile

a bicycle

BOI i was only prentendo do be retarted

I live next to the forest anyway and I'm bugging in :^ )

I just have melee weapons and since guns arent allowed I'll use my recurve.

You haven't seen Rust until you find a old FJ60, fucking rust magnet. But that's what cutoff wheels and welders are for, right?

I remember happening on some UAZ trucks for sale cheap. Most cheap military stuff in the US is obviously US equipment though. You used to be able to buy duce and a half trucks for 2k and they would burn practically anything that was flammable

What do you do when every highway and road is full of cars parked?

You think that truck will go anywhere?

ye

youtube.com/watch?v=slmE--E5txE

It gives you options, you can push/pull vehicles and take it offroad. You can always abandon it as well if you need to, and it will haul a shit load of gear.

The truck isn't really the solution but it is a means to take you to one.

>SHTF
>I know! I need a giant gaz guzzling truck for this!
>never mind that the roads will be fucked, I'll need a constant supply of fuel, and driving off road requires a lot of repair and maintenance... a giant fucking truck is what I need!

Really? Get an off road bike.

>mountain bikes
Hmm, I was thinking of a motorcycle because they can go anywhere, even when the roads are choked, don't burn a lot of fuel and can carry some stuff. But a bicycle could work too, I guess.

Whatever toyta hilux trucks kebabs are using to fight their wars. If it's good enough for ISIS...

This, maneuvering a bike through a forest to find secure camping is far easier than trying to find parking for a car or truck, and you'll be able to hide from attention much easier.

I have seen bicycles with very small motors before, usually carrying no more than a gallon of fuel but very efficient. Switching between pedaling and using the engine to climb hills would seem ideal if you have access to fuel along your journey, and can carry both the weight of the motor and your camping gear.

How?
I've only seen "duuuude weed" vids, so I'm seriously asking for reliable examples

my baiku, until i can find a klr 650

The Trailhawk edition of the Cherokee they have really out done themselves.

>1986+30
>driving a cucv

You must be a poorfag

yes, that happens when you live in a metropolitan city

any of you faggots got a vehicle that will survive an EMP? any recommendations?

what's going on with those hubcaps?

Tacoma/tundra vs. a Jeep/Chrysler??
LOL

Aren't fuel injectors reliant on a computerized system? So something with a carb

Bikes and horses are objectively superior transport in a SHTF situation

a bike u dense faggot

In Amerika I have a 7.3 litre Quigley a 4.8 litre XJ stroker and a rare 1970 big block coupe.

>spot the weeaboo expat

No idea, it's not my pic. I think they reinflate the tires though after you air them down.

Toyota is master race.

Choose Mopar and you won't go far.

Do you have any idea how much work it takes to have a horse? I mean, your right but it's not very convenient to house a barn in your backyard for most people.

A dual sport bike would be perfect if your alone. Some of us aren't though.

Muh Hilux
>invincible
>any terrain
>huge range
>can drive to the north pole
>lots of storage space
>well insulated
I'd drive it as far North as possible, deploy solar panels, cover it with foliage, and live in it with a few solar panels and batteries up top. If I hear on the radio that things are still fucked I'd start building a cabin

I built an electric fat wheel mountain bike last summer. It's pretty great

Not Amerikan but you are fat, weak & ugly.

yes, something with carburetors, probably like 1975 at the latest

you really are fucking dumb if you think a bike is a good bugout vehicle

>la de da, look at me saving the planet whilst it all goes to hell, riding at 5 mph, I'm silent like a ninja, no one will even see me

DURRRR

A Pinzgauer would be nice but they are dear to find now.

This.

>mountain bikes

Came to post this.

>Do you have any idea how much work it takes to have a horse?

Horses run on water from a ditch and grass... I see that as potentially more useful than anything that requires any kind of fuel or batteries. A bike is even better though imo, because I think they're easier to fix than a horse. And easier to stash/hide away for a while if you don't need it.

>A dual sport bike would be perfect if your alone. Some of us aren't though.

Taka a bike each. Bags+backpack, basket on the front and you're good to go...
>pic is Dutch prepper-children doing dry-runs to their bug out location

>DURRRR

Where are you going to stop for gas a week into the happening? What about two weeks in? If I were you I'd strap some bicyles to the back of whatever kind of motorised vehicle you've got... You might need them a lot sooner than you'd wish.

Mechanical motor is a must.

People go full retard with the EMP thing, when the fact is most things in your car will still work. (window switches for exammple). I know the auto trans in my FJ80 will default to manual "limp home" mode (first 3 gears only) if the computer stops working, but even then I'm planing on swapping a manual into it.

A safe bet would be something carbonated and manual.

>probably like 1975
Not even. I got a 1982 FJ60 with a carb and a manual trans.

>Horses run on water from a ditch and grass
I grew up around horses m8

You still need to own, house and feed it right now if you plan to have it during SHTF. It's about what can practically fit in your current lifestyle.

>You still need to own, house and feed it right now if you plan to have it during SHTF.

Buy it, and keep it on some grass next to a ditch.

t. Grew up around farms as well

Eat shit truckyeah.jalopnik.com/heres-what-a-toyota-truck-looks-like-after-1-000-000-mi-1776141464

And pay for it's food, vaccines, vet bills if it get sick, need a barn to shelter it from weather (at least where I live), etc.

It takes a lot of work just to own one.

most bikes pre2000 were carbed, and the big 4 jap companies still make carbed dualsports and dirt bikes

My feet. Where I'm going, vehicles are a liability.

Getting ready to die shiny and chrome with my esés

well that's fair comment

a bike as a secondary/backup, good plan

don't forget bikes run on fuel too, where you gonna fill them up?

thanks bro, interesting

what's with that pic? seen it posted a few times, what am I supposed to be getting from it?

is the front and back of engine superior in some way?

what's the lower chain for on the audi?

got it

My baby
Even got enough surplus parts to rebuild the fucker 6 times over

put some paint on that thing you animal

>My baby
How old is it? You aren't afraind you are going to break his back?

>what's with that pic?

German Engineering is complicated as fuck, back of the engine is hard to get to when you need to service it.

American Engineering is simple and straightforward, front of the engine is easy to get to when you need to service it.

You better weld a whole bunch of shit to that and go full mad max when the happening starts user.

>don't forget bikes run on fuel too
Bicycles?

attach gas booby trap

How much $$$ did you put into that Cherokee OP? I drive one currently and would love to make mine look like this.

>a bike as a secondary/backup, good plan
>don't forget bikes run on fuel too, where you gonna fill them up?

Bicycles I mean, user.

>live in the country
>implying I need to drive anywhere

All I really need is some more ammo to keep you city folk well behaved when you stumble into my land.

My ATV is my only vehicle I store it at my parents house about half mile away... I guess if it came down to it that's what I'd use

>German Engineering is complicated as fuck, back of the engine is hard to get to when you need to service it.
>
>American Engineering is simple and straightforward, front of the engine is easy to get to when you need to service it.
oh right, that makes a bit more sense now. still a bit confused about the audi, it seems to have 2 pointless sprockets on the lower chain, some kind of turbo? I dunno

muscles use calories, did you really fall for such pathetic bate user? I'm going to pretend that you are counter-rusing to let you save face

I would be well behaved for her, can she hunt?

Seeing as I only have one car a 2015 Chevy Sonic in metallic green

>two ARs

why

You call THAT a survival bike?

>scared of toilet witches
pleb

notice how much smaller the Audi engine is.

fuck that looks so good, unfortunately finding a livable house in here would cost way less than that :(

reducer for the alternator probably

A bike. Maybe a horse or something if I could find one, or a donkey, something that doesn't need gasoline.

This to be honest. But I'm already living far from the city in pure nature area.

lol
/o/ is leaking I see

>doesn't know about blam blam jam jam AR-15s in the field