Is wilhelm scream the worst movie meme

Is wilhelm scream the worst movie meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KToud9Dwaxc
youtu.be/lcMkf2iq1Ac?t=4m26s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZ-dDOsTto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is it even still used?

Star Wars or LotR are the worst movie memes.

it kills my I M M E R S I O N every time this meme should be buried already

Because it's a fucking meme you dip

BANE?

That still doesn't explain anything, fucktard.

wasn't the fall a semi docu-drama about how wilhelm broke his back when he made the scream?

people editing or directing movies sometimes will try to sneak it in because it's an industry meme

test

my favorite movie, but as far as i know not the era of wilhelm

How did it even become a thing?

Wilhelm, only because its used way more.
Although the Howie scream is more annoying.

>editors should feel bad for being inspired by classic action movies and wanting to connect with them by adding a quick, recognizable sound

do any of you have fun at the movies anymore?

those are meme movies you dip

>I hate fun and in jokes
Why are you even here?

because there are still sound enginers out there who still thinks it's a funny inside joke, but the fact that everybody knows it eludes them and they ruin everyones immersion for it.

There are other sound effects that have bounced around various sound libraries for years.
The kids playing and laughing soundfx and the angry cat soundfx.

There are plenty more, but I cant think of any right now.

>hey! remember this sound? Yeah that movie was good, sorry that I totaly took you out of the movie you're currently watching just to remind you that the other movie was cool.

yeah no, any director should remove such nonsense from their movies. It's not fun, it's not clever, it just ruins the scene.

>wilhelm scream

I fucking love that shit

Yes

easy and free

also, as a joke most of the times.

>it just ruins the scene
>my opinions are universal truth
Nah ur just a fgt m8

>How did it even become a thing?
Ben Burtt, the sound guy for Star Wars discovered it and it became an in joke among his sound editor friends and then the more times it was used the whole industry knew about it.

It was fun when I first discovered it. Now I cringe and mini-rage everytime I hear it. It completely just takes you out of the scene if you're aware of it. It's not funny or witty, no clue why they still use it. It sucks. Try watching all the LOTR movies and count how many times they use it. It's at least 6 or so.

>discovered it
He just named the phenomenon, it had still been used fairly regularly in movies decades prior.

>that stock electricity sound effect

isn't the police dispatcher one too?

>as a joke most of the times.
nobody actually finds it funny though

Why havent movies picked up on more modern screaming memes? I would prefer this over wilhelm youtu.be/KToud9Dwaxc

>nobody finds it funny
That's why they keep doing it, right?

youtu.be/lcMkf2iq1Ac?t=4m26s

Holy shit, you're a faggot.

I like it and it makes autist fags like the ones in this thread so fucking mad so I like it even more

>Muh immersion

Kill yourself, my man.

the fuck is your problem? Wilhelm scream really kills it for a moment.

Are you genuinely, non-meme autistic? Are you incapable of comprehending that other people don't have the same hang-ups about it and don't get as distracted by it as you?

definitely

worst movie memes are:
>it was all just a dream
>character was just hallucinating it all
>sequel hooks
>clickclackclickclackclick I'm in!
>"I need two hours." "You've got ten minutes."

This. i remember reading the list of movies it's been in and thinking "hey, i've seen fucking lots of those and i never remember hearing it..."

Seriously though fuck this meme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZ-dDOsTto

I first heard it mentioned here, I went out and heard a bunch of a samples of it and still I don't notice it or retain any memory of it when Sup Forums brings it up again. It could be every scream I hear.

Wasn't there a sort of dog version of the Wilhelm scream? I hear it in loads of movies and video games. Shoot a dog in MGS3, you'll know the sound.