I hate being stuck in that "learning" phase of guitar...

I hate being stuck in that "learning" phase of guitar, REEEEEEEE I just want to be good already and actually play actual songs

pro tip: give up

The only chords you really need to know to write songs are A, C, D, E, F, and G. Em, C7, B7, and G7, are nice to know as well. Unless you want to write incredibly difficult songs, then it's a different story

I already gave up on everything else in my life

I'd like to be at least sorta okay at at least one thing

pro tip: you never stop being in 'the learning phase'.

i was just being mean don't actually give up but just have fun

see
This is very important to know. My drum teacher who performs live constantly still learns new things even sometimes as he teaches me. Set goals and you'll continually get better.

I just want to play some QOTSA songs bruh

get off Sup Forums
practice 8-10 hours a day.

If you told us at what stage you're in we might be able to help you.

beginner stage
basic chords

seeif you're not constantly learning, you're retarded.
if you don't sound like shit when practicing, it means you're not practicing hard enough. practice is for learning new songs and techniques you can't yet perform. rehearsal is for brushing up and making sure you sound good. they are two different things.

You're probably better than you think you are. Just only play the stuff you know and practice a lot. Ditch Sup Forums and get to stepping.

How long have you been in this stage?
It usually takes years to grasp more complex techniques as long as you don't give up.

>How long have you been in this stage?

2 months

Learning how to barre is pretty important. Other chords that sound nice and that it's kind of fun to experiment with.
>G6
>C6
>C9
>Dsus4
>Dsus2
>Asus2
>Asus4
>E7
>Em7
>A7
>Am7

This fucking image isn't supposed to be a customizable image macro. It's the "you must be new here" image. Fucking facebook normies ruining everything with this cringy bullshit

This.

You ever stop learning. You never stop making mistakes. You never stop wantng to play faster, cleaner, more precise, with more expression. The difference is that some people get discouraged and give up. Others man up, set up the metronome, and practice more.

I've been playing for almost 20 years, and I still get frustrated when I can't play something as good as I'd like to.

I've been playing for about 11 months now. I can only play 3 songs well all the way through, but I've been learning mostly theory during this time. I can say that learning theory/scales has improved my playing and ear more than learning songs and riffs, which I started doing originally. My friend will learn the riff of a song and move onto the next song. He always tells me that no one will ask you to play a scale.

When you're starting, learning songs is definitely better. It keeps you motivated and you learn much more varied techniques. Unless you have a very nice routine, you will improve faster just playing songs you like.

However, learning "scales" is necessary if you ever want to start playing your own music.

I've been playing for 10 years and when you stop playing for so much as a week you start to play like shit.

>Learning how to barre is pretty important
Fuck this meme. Barre chords are pretty simple and if it takes you longer than a month to get used to them you might have suffered a stroke without even noticing. Learning proper muting tenchique and understanding how to position your right hand for both plucking/strumming and muting is what's fucking my head in.

The music I most often listen to is Grateful Dead, Phish, and all those bands plus some jazz and funk kind of stuff. I really started playing just to improvise and that's kind of what motivated me from the beginning.

ive been playing guitar for just about three years and im still in the "learning phase." just push your limits constantly until you find yourself improving after overcoming challenges

spend hours learning complicated songs and dont give up on it, the reward is huge

when user's real kind personality comes through.

please remember to mute properly

how do I mute properly?

To be fair, I can barre pretty well on electric when I manage to play it, but unfortunately I only have an acoustic guitar and fuckhuge hands.

/thread
srry, no shortcuts

Nigga are you tarded