Pop music is for children and idiots

>Pop music is for children and idiots.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HuO3wwLuF0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PC Music is brainlet filter

>proceeds to make slightly distorted pop music

>SUCK DADDY

'pop' music is just a label ascribed to a certain sound that sells well because the music industry wants to sell more.

quincy jones, phil spector and bruce springsteen made ostensibly 'pop' music, but it's fucking awesome and fun so who cares?

>while wearing ripped jeans

How is that pop music?

Pop music is a product aimed at teens and idiots who have the most disposable cash.
Its forgettable and disposable.
Poptamists are a cancer that have embraced mediocrity.
It werent 5 to 7 years ago black eyed peas were the top guys and now they are nowhere.
Pop music as no depth or staying power.
Ask yourself why radiohead still has a strong and loyal fanbase that cares about their new music but no one gives a shit about christina agularia beyond maybe a few aging fags

real top 40 material.

I was born in this town
Live here my whole life
Probably come to die in this town
Live here my whole life
Never anything to do in this town
Live here my whole life
Never anything to do in this town
Live here my whole life
Probably learn to die in this town
Live here my whole life
Nothing to do, sit around at home
Sit around at home, stare at the walls
Stare at each other and wait till we die
Stare at each other and wait till we die
Probably come to die in this town
Live here my whole life
There's Kerosene around, something to do
There's Kerosene around, she's something to do
There's Kerosene around, she's something to do
There's Kerosene around, we'll find something to do
Kerosene around, she's something to do
Kerosene around, set me on fire
Set me on fire, Kerosene
Set me on fire, Kerosene
Set me on fire, Kerosene
Set me on fire, Kerosene
Set me on fire

still pop. what's your point?

He's right, so maybe he should take his own advice and stop producing god-awful pop.

>all pop music is top 40
why are albinifags so retarded?

something something if it's popular in any way, shape, or form to a demographic, it's pop

metallica, dead kennedys, xxxtentacion, all shit pop industry plants

rock is pop music

>popular music = pop music
rip board

No, it's Rock music. Pop is a different genre

So there isn't a demographic of people that like noise rock?

you know exactly what he means you pedantic retards.

yeah, big black is sooooo popular, every party i go to after they are done playing the pop and pop rap they put on the big black and all the normalfags get "lit" to underground post hardcore and noise rock from the 80's

There's also a demographic who like Mahler. Is he pop?

Big Black is poppy you fucking faggot. It's not pedantry to point that out.
>big black is sooooo popular
I literally never said that

I'm just going along with the definition that you gave me.

Art Music -> Western "Classical" Music
POPular music -> all rest (except maybe jazz)

When did I give you a definition of pop music?

>POPular music
>POPular
what did he man by this

Big black legit went out of their way to not be mainstream you absolute plebe

>Big Black's aggressive and abrasive music was characterized by distinctively clanky guitars and the use of a drum machine rather than a drum kit, elements that foreshadowed industrial rock. The band's lyrics flouted commonly held taboos and dealt frankly— and often explicitly— with politically and culturally loaded topics including murder, rape, child sexual abuse, arson, racism, and misogyny. Though the band's lyrics contained controversial material, the lyrics were meant to serve as a commentary or a display of distaste for the subject matter. They were staunchly critical of the commercial nature of rock, shunning the mainstream music industry and insisting on complete control over all aspects of their career. At the height of their success, they booked their own tours, paid for their own recordings, refused to sign contracts, and eschewed many of the traditional corporate trappings of rock bands. In doing so they had a significant impact on the aesthetic and political development of independent and underground rock music.

Steve Albini uses and endorses heroin

>reading comprehension
I literally never said they were mainstream.

they still write 3 minute songs with a verse and a chorus

This.

maybe it wasn't you but

Hmm.....what kind of music goes in the middle

Damn...

Classical music with traditional influence that's meant to appeal to a popular demographic

>art = classical music

why am i reading this in pjw voice

Classical music as an example you dip, I wasn't saying that all art music is classical music.

So... are you going to answer my question?
I don't think you understand what you are posting.

Then you didn't give me a definition, pretty obvious once there wasn't a (You) there.

not him but do you frequently get in arguments just for the sake of arguing and completely ignores the context behind someone's point?

DAD wearing ripped jeans

I don't think you understand what you are posting.

Oops you didn't answer my question

Try again.

How so?

i think we're getting down to a definition here

DADPOP

No but classical music = art (not always, obviously)

>Is Mahler pop music?
No

Are you just obsessed with being right? I don't think you realize how retarded you're being right now.

How is it pop?

>the amount of bickering that goes in to defining what type of music something is or isn't

i keep saying it, labels are cancer

Now do you see the error?
What do you mean?

The third level of patricianism is not being afraid to admit you like catchy pop music and realize many of them are well-written and creative

What error are you talking about? I was asking a rhetorical question to try and point out a flaw in another person's definition

No, thats when you go so far up your own ass you think that liking music that is popular is subversive, but really you are just a conformist shit

>Trash Metal is for children and idiots.
FTFY

>not being afraid of liking music is somehow bad now
this board is trash

>I was asking a rhetorical question to try and point out a flaw in another person's definition
By implying a flawed definition yourself?

That's counterproductive

When did he give you a definition of pop music?

What flawed definition are you referring to? An user claimed that Big Black isn't pop music because the definition of pop is . However, Big Black (and Mahler) both fall under that definition, so I asked him why he would use that definition if he's trying to prove that Albini isn't pop.

ID the post and I'll show you

pop is short for popular you dumb fuck

Do you think Big Black is pop?

no fucking shit genius

rock is pop music

radiohead makes pop music

No, which was my point. I was trying to show the user why his definition was hurting his point.

They really aren't. It's people who don't know what they're talking about who misuse labels that are cancer.

Please kys

please at least attempt to understand the bare minimum regarding the medium discussed in this board. There's popular music (pop means this, not only katy perry and 21 pilots), folk music and art music. Both Radiohead and Albini make popular music.

any subject you pick, any board or comments section, 99% of it is people arguing about definitions

So you misspoke

No, because pop means popular music

you have terrible reading comprehension

kek it's true and you faggots know it's true
i caught my 13 year old sister listening to passing complexion because "the guitar is cool"

*shoots your heart out*

>No, because pop means popular music
Incorrect.

Pop Music is a genre of music
Popular Music is one of Tagg's axiomatic triangle, which you are referencing.

As you can see, you are mistakenly combining the concepts of Pop Music and Popular Music
Why are you hear if you don't know about music?

big black is structured like pop music too. why do albini fags get mad about this? doesn't mean it's bad it just makes him a hypocrite

This one guy here got it.

It's structured to be danceble, hook-based, image based and sold as a commodity?

Not exactly.

But he literally makes pop music

you also have terrible writing

Better see before you embarrass yourself further
Not an argument

>Trying this hard to prove his favorite band isn't pop music.

Just admit it, you love pop music.

Just because it has a thin layer of distortion and he sings about cock doesn't make it non-pop

I'm not arguing, I'm just telling you how retarded you are

this thread is a trainwreck, but I'll be damned if it isn't an entertaining trainwreck to watch

Pop "music"

How so?
Right, the fact that's it's intentionally not marketed as a strict commodity, it's not meant to by hooky, is not danceable and is not image based is what makes it non-pop

This is it.

/thread

pop music not popular music. there's pop like it's a song for two weeks and nobody listens to it again, then there's iggy pop and acdc pop music where there's no accidental notes outside of the scale, theres an intro, verse and chorus. it's literally just the pixies, nirvana, sonic youth, etc without the dynamic. doesn't mean it's bad. the ramones are fucking pop

Is there a reason you don't know what Pop Music is?

>Right, the fact that's it's intentionally not marketed as a strict commodity, it's not meant to by hooky, is not danceable
none of this categorizes pop music, and besides of course albini's toilet jams are marketed as a strict commodity.

>none of this categorizes pop music
[citation needed]

is there a reason you care so much about the label pop music?

i'm not saying early big black is pop, i'm talking about atomizer and songs about fucking

total pop song

plenty of pop that is not hooky and danceable m8

Like what?
Still not Pop. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish.

like Big Black

How is that Pop?

>Like what?
not him but you can't just make retarded claims and then ask someone who calls you a retard for proof

>using precise definitions of genre boundaries is retarded!
?