Be me

>be me
>do nothing but drink beer all day because degenerate
>it's getting too expensive and i'm doing nothing with my life
>decide to quit
>feel much better for two days and actually have energy

I think I'm going crazy. I was fine for two days but now I'm starting to see shit. I saw a three headed dog standing in my kitchen barking when I went out to get a drink. Earlier, I saw a clown standing in my room starting up a chainsaw and I'm hearing things that don't make any sense. I keep seeing really weird shit.

Will my doc put me in a mental ward if I tell him about this? I don't feel like spending time in the crazy house.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korsakoff's_syndrome
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

...go to the ER you dipshit. Those are DTS and you could start seizing. Or just start drinking again.

DTS?

delerium tremens, i dont think you can get that from just drinking beer

Alcohol withdrawing can kill you just like with benzos.

Talk to your doc he might put you on diazepam to taper.

Your choices are
>Go to the doctor and get cured, but risk going to fun house

>start drinking again and just hope they go away

>kill yourself, quick simple and solves all of life's problems

You're not mentally ill... well, you probably are, but not in the way you think. You ever see references to pink elephants in looney toons or other old cartoons? This is what they were talking about. You'll PROBABLY be okay once you're through it, but you'd be a lot safer in detox or the hospital.

nobody is an alcoholic long enough to get the DTs without knowing what they are. Calling bullshit.

This, OP.

friend has had this from drinking too much . he has seen headless horsemen and shit . you should cut down to a 4 pack a day rather than quit completely .

you are right though . drinking all the time means you will get nothing done . I get shit faced a few nights a week nothing more

I could stand the sight of worms
And look at microscopic germs
But technicolor pachyderms
Is really to much for me

What kind of beer do you like? High/warm fermentation or low/cold fermentation?

Actual medfag here.

You might have Korsakoff's Syndrome.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korsakoff's_syndrome

Go see a doctor IMMEDIATELY.

I'm not kidding.

if he knows the answer to this, I found out why he is going broke on beer. If he truly wanted to be a frugal drunk all he'd care about is what's cheapest +strongest at the gas station, not all this hipster shit about fermentation.

if this is not a joke as i believe it is, stop drinking and start toking. And don't go cold turkey on the beers just ease off by alot

So telling apart ales and lagers is now hipster shit, now

it is from drying out from the booze- audio and visual hallucinations are really common (snake in the boot, pink elephants, etc are all regional phrases for it - super dangerous). the withdrawal is extremely hard on your system and could be death. Doctor will help not locking you up, but help rehab.

source: brother is a doc, brother-in-law was an alcoholic and started having massive hallucinations and became a danger to himself and others when he ran out of money for booze and forced to dry out.

why didn't you just ask it that way without the technical bullshit?

If you're a real alcoholic you probably never drink ales because they're almost always on the expensive side. That said, my favorite type of beer when I was in my beer phase was steel reserve. You know it's quality because it has high gravity. I bet your fancypants "ales" don't have extra gravity included for free.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY

agree. get some help

sounds like dt's to me.

OP needs a banana bag and some keppra.

good luck OP!

Ethanol is ethanol. If he's a NEET and he constantly has a beer in his hand every waking moment (and he probably doesn't sleep well), it'd do it. You're right to think it's not that common. Not sure I've heard of someone doing it with JUST beer, but it could be done. OP is probably combining it with hard liquor use that he didn't disclose.

Go to a doctor and be explicit.

>ive quit drinking and now im having these effects

You wont be locked up against your will if you are willigly doing this of your own accord. Some people have serious side effects from quitting alcohol and it can be fatal, i myself could not sleep right for a month, also puked and shit almost uncontrollably for a week.

My favorite part of working in the ER

>I only had X drinks tonight

I just double or triple whatever they tell me they drank.

2 days ago
>I only had 1 beer
>ETOH of 384

There's a silver lining to delirium tremens : after it's done, it's done. Any addiction to alcohol left will be pyschological.
But you can die from it. There are only two ways to go about it if you have to go cold turkey : drink all the water you can keep down, and benzodiazepines.

i've done this, except with the police not the doctor. I thought I could get away with it and he'd believe me and let me go. I ended up blowing a 0.25 and it had been like an hour since my last drink. Would have been in deep shit if I was driving, but fortunately I was just wandering(stumbling) around a bad neighborhood and they wanted to know what the fuck I was doing.

is a six pack a day a lot

for someone like me it would be hardly enough to get me buzzed, but if you're young then yes it is concerning.

The key is the effect it is having on your life and the reason why you drink, and in what situations you do it in. The amount doesn't matter much at all if your question is whether you're addicted or not.

Depends. How much do you weigh? What is your natural tolerance? Everything this user said I thought my 2 to 3 gin and tonics a night wasn't shit until I mixed drinks for my in-laws. Apparently I was pouring myself a double (or more) a drink two or three times a week night, to say nothing of weekends. And as to reason, I was attempting to drink depression away. I might've actually been working too. Didn't put a gun to my head until months after I quit. Addressing my issues with therapy rather than a bottle is the healthier option though.

i have a hard time getting to sleep otherwise. i try to stop but i usually cave after a few days to a week at most

5'7 170

I read a case of a man in the Czech Republic. He walked into the ER under his own power complaining he'd been hit by a truck. Believing him drunk, a nurse administered a breathalyzer test. The breathalyzer was obviously broken, having given some erroneous result. Oddly enough, the back up unit gave the exact same error...
>"CRASH CART!"
He was immediately whisked away for emergency blood transfusion. Blew a .96.

bomp

You could not BE more wrong. Any alcohol will cause it if you drink enough and then stop cold turkey.

Again WRONG. At some level he may know he's an alcoholic but that doesn't mean he knows shit about the dangers of quitting suddenly. Not everybody us as smart as you think you are, dumbass.

I hate myself and feel lost a lot. Had bad experiences with two therepists. Doc gave me some Alprazolam, but waking up I still feel like shit. Is there hope user?

What do you mean i get drunk then work