Shitty overrated movies that make you cringe every time someone makes a reference to 'em (everyday life...

shitty overrated movies that make you cringe every time someone makes a reference to 'em (everyday life, pop culture - especially tv shows, etc. etc.)

I'll start:
>pic related

Mad Max: Fury Road

No lie. I legitimately hate this shit

Big Brother

The Goonies

Does anyone have the Christopher Nolan is reddit pasta?

do tell more
also, off by 3

anyone that does this shit should be shot.

Christopher Nolan is reddit incarnate... Etc etc.

Seven Psychopaths

Its a TV show, but I don't think Rick and Morty is as smart or good as a lot of people think it is. Its decent, pretty good, not as good as people say though.

Rick and Morty...the fan base is utter cringe

this, its like a cancer wave right now

The label 'Reddit' is thrown around here pretty casually but never has the hat fit as snugly as it does on Christopher Nolan's bloated head. The man is a living, breathing representation of everything wrong with the film* industry.

Everything the man touches seems intent on making stupid people feel smart. Every shot, cut and line of dialogue feels like a not-so-subtle nudge to make the intellectually stunted feel like they're in on some intricate evolution in the art of plot.

The sad truth is that Nolan is indeed a genius. Not a filmmaking genius, but a genius at pulling the wool over the eyes of the stupid, ignorant and uncultured swine that currently shovel money into the pigsties of Hollywood.

Christ have mercy on cinema's legacy if this man is to be inducted within its great halls.

*I shudder to use the word 'film' in the same paragraph as the name 'Nolan' but it is unavoidable in this case.

2001: A Space Odyssey

lol kill yourself

Thank you user

Daily reminder that, on the internet, everything good is overrated and everything bad is absolute trash.

have agree with you on that one

and while the first season was pretty good and even somewhat original, compared to it, second (as well as the third one so far) is an utter cliche cash in piece of garbage

family guy, Cleveland and american dad Ill still watch it from time to time but all 3 are just the same crap comedy that got worn out when there was only family guy.

>nice meme

Every superhero movie ever made. Especially Marvel and DC

unpopular opinion, but the tv show south park

it went down hill when it wouldnt stop making episodes about current events

this!

SP is moralistic crap.

Feminazi thrash

Guardians of Galaxy

Star wars, any of them.

how i met your mother

its a family movie ffs its pretty much a kids movie

Edgy af

I hate fanbases, especially "fandoms" I like so many things that a fan base shuffled into and made it a stigma to like, demanding the content creators conform to their demands and make shit gay and ruined.

it's literal an american thrash movie.
The best shit george lucas ever did was indiana jones.

except for few lines from batman (the dark knight franchise), i haven't noticed they're referred to all that much

and that's if you have the guts to count the raw sewage pg-13 rated cgi cancer whelp of a cesspit that hollywood is as films

its more of people act like its a deep as show thats for smart people when its not

you just broke the bro code

Every Tarantino movie

fucking hive mind nigga, I was writting that.

Spot on.
Exactly how i felt after interstellar. People around me are like "whoa this Nolan guy is a genius" and im like fuck no. Its just a big budget movie with incredibly unrealistic shit scenes with illogical science thats "backed" by loser scientists like kip purr or Neil Degrasse "so many stars inte galaxy" Tyson. Its ridiculous.

Interstellar and V for Vendetta.

Neither are anywhere near as thoughtful as people make them out to be.

More contrarian trash opinions

i have no friends or any1 as a matter of fact so i wouldnt know and i dont care anyways because i dont watch blockbusters

why so butthurt?

Breaking bad and dexter are good examples of that

It's the starwars fanboy, no worries. He just have a shit taste.

>comparing Star Wars to fucking django

still over rated

Cool.
Are we supposed to feel sorry for you now? Fuck off to a feels thread homo

bullshit. maybe the slower parts haven't aged well but you can't sit there and honestly that movie is overrated. Either you just can't appreciate the art of the suspense or you're just some cuck hipster that hates everything others love.

I like starwars but Tarantino should have quit making movies after Jacky Brown..

people quoting shitty movie lines in public (mostly for the sake of quoting it, without any cue given by the situation they found themselves in) will make me cringe hard, but nothing as much as hearing people talking about Sup Forums in public
damn

You're fucken fool of yourself. Really? Wasn't reservoir dogs badass? Or Pulp Fiction? Or Kill Bill? Have you even tried to watch a majority of his films?

I like the general story/message and even some of the special effect and all... but it tries to hard to be weird and arty.

thats what u got out of my comment? new much?
if u can read then u would realise i like it that way? fuck off faggot

pulp fiction is literally his only movie worth mentioning
the rest are simply crap

What scene though? The coolest visual effects have to be in the warped speed scene. And then, of course, there's the suspense scene when the last astronaut is disabling HAL via motherboard room.

>after Jacky Brown:
>after

order of movies:
1-reservoir dogs, 2-pulp fiction, 3 jacky brown.

Kill Bill 1&2 were good, but not great

kill bill sucked people need to stop making these prosperously cheesy movies from an other time crap its more of it weird and different which is why people act like its special

you two are equally retarded

>what is reservoir dogs

the dark knight. its not that the movie is bad, but every single line of dialoge has been turned into a meme. 9gag ruined this fucking movie for me

I'll admit, the Hateful Eight was not what I was expecting but still a beautiful film, but Inglorious Basterds is great, Django you gotta admit was a pretty satisfying movie, what with a former slave killing slave owners (unless you're some right-wing cuck that condemns the idea of whites being slaughtered). I'm not saying he is perfect for his films but the mother fucker is credited as being a great director for a reason.

>tries to hard to be weird and arty
> i like it that way
keep telling that to yourself

>9gag
well that's your mistake here

I'm not alone.

I know, but I was so young and foolish..

did u just assume the level of my mental health?

why so serious, user?

troughout the movie..

The bone that spins around to fade/change to the shot of the spaceship... the long silent parts, the warpscene looks cool.. but doesn''t add anything to the movie besides that..

I have this a lot with Kubricks movies. There's always something with them

I can't stand that synth in Clockwork Orange
Eyes wide shut has that retard in it
The Shining doesnt follow the book at all..

But I really like everything about Full Metal Jacket.. That's a movie that I would not call overrated

Jesus dude, at least try to use the grammar you were taught in grade school. Why is it cheesy? Is it that moment when the camera zooms in on the eyes with the music playing that makes you uncomfortable? Would you rather every emotion the character feels be spoon fed to you through narration and blatant expositions like the teen angst films you're probably used to watching?

>The Shining doesnt follow the book at all..
that's what makes it a good movie

who do you mean by the retard in eyes wide shut? I

also

Boogie Nights is an underrated movie

not him, but i believe pic related answers your question

I'm glad all of the grouchy, autistic losers have another thread to complain in and try to feel smug about their shit opinions.

The best part about these threads is none of you fuckwads is willing to say what movies you think are actually good, because you know you'd be found at as a fag (for naming garbage) or you will just try to choose safe pics no one can dispute.

Either way, you're all fags. Kill yourselves.

I'm not saying it's not a good movie.. but he should not have called it the Shining.. or claiming it was based on the book... it was inspired by the book.

would you prefer they spoon feed you emotion by comically zooming in on the eyes with music playing like a ching chong anime

FMJ is awesome. People are fucken retarded if they can't appreciate a good war film such as this.

But if you're not into the artsy metaphors or symbolic representations of passing time and humanity, then I can see 2001 being something you'd lose attention on, but just because you don't get it doesn't mean it is downright shitty.

The Shining, (well I've never read the book and you're probably a big fan of King and backing him up when he says why he hated the film) is awesome because of the whole cabin fever aspect of it.

Clockwork Orange was fairly long but I've read the book and it really helped clear up some holes I was missing from the book, due to its slang I couldn't comprehend. I think you just need to be more into the art of movies to really enjoy Kubrick's films.

nope
this pic related

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee

A clockwork orange.

Might be because it has aged like shit though.

FMJ is awesome. People are fucken retarded if they can't appreciate a good war film such as this.

But if you're not into the artsy metaphors or symbolic representations of passing time and humanity, then I can see 2001 being something you'd lose attention on, but just because you don't get it doesn't mean it is downright shitty. That transition from the bone to the ship is really neat though and is supposed to symbolize a species' progress from primitive living to the technological advancement of the human race.

The Shining, (well I've never read the book and you're probably a big fan of King and backing him up when he says why he hated the film) is awesome because of the whole cabin fever aspect of it.

Clockwork Orange was fairly long but I've read the book and it really helped clear up some holes I was missing from the book, due to its slang I couldn't comprehend. I think you just need to be more into the art of movies to really enjoy Kubrick's films.

The Complete German TV

its a good kids movie and definitely better then the non cartoon movies today

>into the art of movies
But I like PT Anderson's movies. You can't tell me those aren't art..

>this

i agree, he gave steven king waaay much more credit than he actually deserved
very nice of him indeed
if i were in his place, i'd try and conceal the fact my picture had anything to do with said author

If you want to start a thread about peoples favorite movies go ahead.
This thread is about overrated movies, nothing else, so fuck right off newfag.

Tarantino is shit. Makes me rage so hard when I hear tards worship him.

now it just sounds like you have a gripe with things that are different.

100% agree, I really dont understand the hype, people are going crazy over it.

SNL

no I just dont have a philia for it and sucking directers dick to think every thing they make is great

what are you talking about? tom fucken cruise is a great actor
he performs all of his stunts by himself
he's like jackie chan, only white
maybe not on par with him in an unarmed combat, but he can fly planes, play pool and shit
in short, tom curise is everything any decent director can ask for

no it actually doesn't it's just a bad movie remotely based on a bad book.

Retard

gb2 sucking Miscavige's dick

It's like 1984
>2 + 2 = 5

>implying king would not have preffered that
>implying he didn't hate the abomination that it ended up becoming by butchering his book
>implying he did not go on and make his own movie with blackjack and hookers