Please explain why this character is popular

Please explain why this character is popular.

>No character development
>No objective flaws (which might lead to character development)
>Uses possibly the worst weapon for zombies

I love Norman Reedus, but I hate Daryl. He seems like a character made just so they can get easy action scenes in the TV show.

>no character development
K

>didn't reference any moments of character development

Pretty much what I expected.

His character arc is big

Season 1:

>I'm Daryl, I just look out for myself, where's my brother, I'll kill anyone who hurt my brother

Season 7:

>I'm Daryl and these are my ride or die niggas

he was eventually supposed to come out as gay and get the gay/lesbo viewers but he somehow turned into a teengirl hearttrob

Wow, he developed a connection with other characters. Not like most characters do that or anything.

Speaking of Merle, though, THERE'S character development.

>stage 1: Hot-headed, white supremacist, but tolerable
>stage 2: working for the bad guy, total evil dick
>stage 3: full redemption

At least he gave Daryl some interesting story by proxy.

Huh, that would have been interesting actually. Instead they let all the teenage girls live their fantasy of seeing Daryl's weenie through Beth. Then swiftly killed her off because they were all jealous of her.

he's the cool character you dont understand it because youre a square, and I dont see anything wrong with having one character with no flaws especially since he's the kind of person to be ready for this shit he's a hillbilly that has skills but not retarded thats prepared for shtf so mentally he's fine with the fucked up situations and was a sound person before every thing.

I mean I agree he became kind of a corny perfect "anti hero" with a low level of the "anti". The entire show really is shit though. From the fact that the story is just repeating itself over and over with no added complexity or movement forward towards an explanation, to the fact that people behave the way they do despite what would be clear motivations otherwise. Women would be currency and traded, meth would be everywhere, and people wouldnt be living in the sticks protected by a chain link fence or a thin sheet of metal. Fuck the show.

Yeah, I lost interest around season 3, but I kept watching because of friends. Getting sick of it though.

It almost seemed like they were going to do something interesting with Negan, but by episode 4 of that season, I was uninterested again.

The comics do a better job of creating that bleak, back to the dark ages kind of world, I think.

See, you say "He'd be ready for this kind of shit"

But his weapon is an awful choice. A crossbow takes forever to reload, and is way overpowered for zombie skulls. Notice you never see him reload on camera, and any time you do, he gets grabbed by zombies.

at some point the show became too self aware and started pandering to its fans rather than being the 'psychology under duress but with plot' experience it could have stayed

character wise he is ready just the writers can be autistic

Right! What do you mean no character developmemt!

>I love Norman Reedus
Why? That try hard le Irish brothers movie?

And he had the only believable southern accent on the entire show. RIP Merle.

Comics started sucking as hard as the show, I dipped both after the season 6 finale, by I should have cut my losses sooner

Fair enough. To be honest, I was like 12 when I saw that, so my judgement might not have been great. My point about TWD stands though.

Hillbillies love his schtick

Other than him being closer to the people around him, name one thing that's changed about Daryl. He's still him, and him is boring.

No drugs, no sex, no violence against anyone who isn't pure evil, and always saves the girl in trouble, but he's dark, brooding, angsty.

He's what every 13 year old emo faggot dreams of becoming. Also neckbeards.

Haven't kept up with the comics for a little while. I can only handle so much zombie shit at once. Hoping I disagree with you when I eventually get back to it, because that was a great series at first.

the vegeta of TWD

He's the "girls with daddy issues" bait, which is like 99% of the TWD female fanbase.

Now if only they'd make him the Raditz of TWD, I'd go back to watching it.

So fucking tru fam

I never really thought about it, but you're right. TWD and chill is a pretty consistent way of getting some. Mostly fat SJWs, but my penis can't tell

I dont watch game of thrones

Lol.....you said you LOVE Norman

>#nohomo
>op is fag