Anyone here got knowledge in HTML?

Anyone here got knowledge in HTML?

im doing a school project, where i have to make a website in HTML/CSS and use java. Only using text editors (no bootstrap).

And im stuck on my navbar, when i resize the page (make it smaller), the navbar goes down and overlays on top of my header.

How do i make the navbar not do this, either shrink into a dropdown or just go away?

screenshot nigga

lol I could answer that but tl;dr just go to stack overflow

Give me the screenshot and a code

uhh sauce?

screenshot it and post that part of the code m8

>Only using text editors (no bootstrap).
I've been coding for years and never needed anything other than notepad++/sublime for anything.
Post the code so we see what went wrong

Yea, i just had to take out some shit that had my full name in it

ill post what its doing in a screenshot soon, give sec

position:relative ?

This is what its doing

Java != Javascript

the code in their that isnt being used is from my many failed attempts at fixing it

> use java

What are you, fucking retarded? Who uses java in their browser nowadays

javascript.

im just following the teachers instructions pal

If you were following their instructions properly, your nav bar would work right now, just sayin'.

Install gentoo

Eh, the other person ive talked to is having the same issue.

Maybe its not vital, or something we need to learn this year, but i think it looks horrid and wasnt to fix it. Or im autistic and overlooked it

I found the issue!

In the file "b.html", you never have an opening and tag. You do have a closing tag, but of course you need to open the environment first. If you add those in, maybe it'll work.

Also, don't forget to add a header with the necessary tag to include your stylesheet!!

I do, i just deleted the entire head and i guess i took the body open tag with it, because it had my full name, school etc in it.

I double checked though, and they were there

It's bad practise to use divs for each and everything. The tag provided by HTML5 would be much more appropriate for this case.

Here's an idea:

You could use JavaScript to check whether the necessary width for the div "hold" to be able to literally hold all of those list objects without line-breaking is smaller than the width of your actual nav bar. If that's the case, the nav-bar should just stay the way it is, with the list elements being listed next to each other. If it isn't, you implement your burger-menu or whatever you want to do in order for the nav to be more compact.

A few things,
You have a DIV container around the tag, this is unnecessary.

Looking at the screenshot here I'm assuming the part to the right is the mobile version, you haven't got any media queries to specify that you'll need to to rearrange the styling of the menu when you're on a narrow viewport, you can set a media query for a max size of say 720px, make the nav bar taller and stack the list vertically, then for your javascript/jQuery, build a button that reveals that menu on press for mobiles.

put it in the list style, and worked a charm. Thanks user