Turner Sports wins Champions League rights for the US (English only)

m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/02/20/Media/Turner-UEFA.aspx?

That came out of nowhere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GJcNnU4Z_vY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fox sports on suicide watch

Is this good or bad news?

more people probably have TNT than FS1

The last time Turner had soccer was 27 years ago during the 90 world cup
youtu.be/GJcNnU4Z_vY

Depends on who they hire, I'm expecting it to be worse than Fox and this probably means the final won't be on network TV
NBC should do it

>ernie johnson calling a soccer game

>the most irrelevant channel that is literally nothing but conan will broadcast the most irrelevant beaner sport

Makes sense actually.

Turner channels aren't your usual (((channels))).

They'll probably continue to use international feeds
If anything he'll continue to work the studio

NBC wasn't every interested
The EPL rights are more valuable
You're talking weekdays doring working hours against mornings on the weekends

Fox sports had filler on those times. Just like tnt and tbs. Who have been re running Friends and Castle.

Champions League

Very Funny

Holy shit
Also univision gets the spanish rights

You have to go back.

nah b

Me la pelas, gringo pendejo

Wait, isn't univision free over antennae? So I can just watch all the games live in HD without paying for cable?

>he speaks a bastardized version of pig latin that was influenced by moors
How cute.

My guess is that the games will be shared like with LigaMX with Unimas, UDN, Galavision and Univision

It was bad enough with Wynalda and that fat nig from the Fox NFL pre game show, TBS TNT doing this will be worse
BeiN should've bid

This would be based, don't care about the language but cable packages are for suckers

>thinking any cable tv channel is good for telecasting sports
It would have been big news if netflix got the rights. Fuck cable. Its an archaic platform.

I'm sure that they will have to play the big games on over the air univision, for the ratings.

I have a basic bare bones package that came with my broadband, HBO however is worth every cent because HBO GO >>>>> Netflix

>mfw the inside the NBA team will start covering soccer now
BBQ CHICKEN

PUT THAT ON A T SHIRT ERNIE

Ernie isn't that bad
BeIN has no subscribers

As long as E!SJW is kept out of it, it's a good thing.

not in my area :(

I don't know

tnt run sports in the US only thing they need now is the premier league

They did the same in Brazil with Esporte Interativo channels (owned by Turner).

I'll be honest, this would make my year. Just imagine Chuck trying to analyze soccer, despite knowing nothing about it.

>1 half of a NBA package
>13 regular season and nearly half of the MLB playoffs
>Most of March madness
That's not that much

Even ESPN analyst would admit they are 2nd fiddle to Turner basketball coverage.

you bring that up like it would be a bad thing

What do you mean?
Quality maybe but ESPN has the bigger package
That's all that matters

>Ernie, that Cristiano Ronaldo is fruitier than your breakfast. I know how you white people always be eating that cantaloupe crap.

Turner is such a low budget operation.

Too bad NBC Sports didn't get it.

NBC didn't put in a real bid
I doubt they would care about it either since these games are in a shitty time slot

So FOX only has MLS and the World Cup. And USMNT is going to boycott the 2018 World Cup in Russia for obvious reasons.

JUST

>Lemme tell ya somthin Ernie: First of fall, this Leo--Lional Messi guy. He's great, man. He can get to anywhere he wants on the field. But how can you drink Sprite at half-time?

Aww Ernie Ronaldo just a knucklehead, that's what he is. He's turrible Ernie. Messi just needs to get his head in the game, Barka aint scaring anyone no moar Ernie.

>millennials and niggers
>whites too smart for turnleft
>college educated

in terms of advertising demographics, they have their bases covered.

Stay tuned for the Taco Bell Spicy Chicken Chalupa Halftime Show

ESPN still has a hand in the 3 major leagues plus they own college football and most of the contracts for basketball
Furpuck is irrelevant in large part because ESPN doesn't cover it

look, you can bash espn, you can praise tuner, its all part of the larger issue that is needing a cable subscription to watch sports

until a streaming service gets streaming rights to all sports, or if these cable netowrks that win the rights allow you to purcahase a stand-alone sports only package of their content (like how the networks have apps you can sign in to watch, but have to have a cable subscription to do it), we all lose

>look Erneh, you can't win titles unless you got a big man in the box

Are there a lot of 'large' goalies? Not fat, but big and tall? Guys that are like Gronkowski's size or bigger.

Yeah, plenty of them. As a rule, goalies have to be pretty tall. If a goalie is 6'1", that's considered short.

>Listen Ernie. These guys are soft. Back in the day we had Magic n Bird. Miller Ewing. Now you have this greasy man and ronald taking pictures on a boat the week before they face off. Turrible.

>Now first of all Chuck, you ain't know nothing about winning titles. This ronald guy, he knows. He out there doing work, tryna get rings.

Lol no they're not. Even Liga MX games on weekdays get pushed over to cable because Univision gets massive ratings on their telenovelas. Same is going to happen to the Champions League except for the final

Is that mean Conan O'Brien will host CL show? If yes, 10/10 will acestream.

Does Turner Sports have any actual Soccer commentators? I don't think they do. Inb4 NBA & MLB commentators calling CL matches, lol.