How do the people in your country feel about hitchhikers?

Would you personally help someone like pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

hitchwiki.org/en/Spain
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's just so uncommon here nowadays that the person is almost certain to have problems
I'd decide on a case by case basis

I agree, every german kid has his own car at 18 so you never see hitchhikers like before.

Do you think it would be different outside of Europe (Netherlands, France, Italy) ?

I would not do this in Russia.
It is life dangerous to do such thing.
We have a history of drivers being killed by mobs.

Oh so you're saying it's more dangerous for the drivers than the hikers in russia, interesting. Here everyone always says how dangerous it is and how you'll probably get raped if you hitchhike but its mostly bullshit.

It's illegal in here, in any case, I'd never pick one up

I'd never pick anyone up. Mostly because I don't own a car.

>It's illegal in here

This is surprising, why exactly is it illegal - do the hitchhikers cause problems?

also idk if this is a credible source but this site says its perfectly legal:

hitchwiki.org/en/Spain

>It is illegal to hitchhike in Spain.

Truth: This assertion that you will hear from both the locals and the travellers is a result of a wrong understanding of the Spanish law that forbids pedestrians walking on a private motorway. Therefore, it is absolutely legal to hitchhike in Spain.

Depends on how they look and where they have to go.

Is he/she dressed properly and only needs a ride to a school or town I'm also passing by? Sure, hop on in.

Is he a filthy unwashed hippy trying to get back from Austria to the Netherlands after his vacation went wrong? No, fuck off (actually had this happen)

I've seen maybe 4 hitchhikers in 20 years, it's very rare.
>Would you personally help someone like pic related?
Fuck no, I don't have time to stop for some stupid american backpacker, the dumb cunt should have taken a bus, not my problem.

I will only help them if I can tell they're Norwegian and not some filthy tourist

They are usually assumed to be murderers or rapists. Generally people won't pick them up.

this, especially if they are black/arabic

I hitched in Germany often, if 3 cars came by 1 would pick me up, no problem.
I don't do it here, but I pick up maybe 1 a year. I don't see hitchhikers very often.

Fuck no that's suicidal

I might pick up some hitchhikers if they're well groomed and out of the way of other means of transport. But honestly you hardly ever see one anymore, public transportation is convenient enough for your vagabonding needs and while I'm not opposed to helping a stranger out once in a while, it's a whole other case if this stranger is actually just a tourist hoping to get a free ride every other place.

Hell no

95% of the time they're disgusting druggie bums who look sketchy and are annoying as hell, if they actually looked clean and friendly I would assume they were a serial killer. Even if nothing happened I could never relax around them. Just catch a greyhound bus if you need to go somewhere.

no, you don't pick up strangers.

I never see them, ever.

once I picked up an old man from the street who wanted to go the opposite direction to some pub

I did it

left his family probably thinking he wandered off

then one time I picked up a guy who told me his house was in x but was actually further, I left him at x anyway and he gave me a panflet about Jesus. Thanks Jesus.

then this other time I picked up an androgynous looking young girl with a rucksack who had been arguing with family, and was now going to visit the mother she had seen once or twice in her lifetime. afaik I could've just picked up some runaway child.

yeah, I pick people up.

We don't really get hitchhikers here in California. Though near where I live there is a stretch of road where if you see a hitchhiker you are supposed to pick them up no matter what, because there is a giant Scientology compound nearby(golden era productions I believe) and those hitchhikers are probably fleeing for their safety.

No, I don't want my car stolen. Only a fool would stop for another person here ayy lmao

>living in the godforsaken south
Pretty common to see young foreign tourists hitchhiking in the north

It is common in the south and north and in the Jewish parts of Judea and Samaria.
How ever you must be carful as a Jew, it's how you get kidnapped.
Two years ago the Oferet Yetzuka (Cast Lead) opperation started in searching for three boys that went missing, they took a hitchhike from a Palestinian terrorist in disguise of a Jew and they were murdered.

i hit them with my car

Shit I confused the names, wasn't paying attention.
Operation Protective Edge (Tzuk Eitan)

North literally has a highway pirate problem you fuck.

Don't pickup hitchhikers in sweden.

It's illegal in Holland too.
Some Danish girl got arrested there a few years back.

>Feel

Don't pick them up. Usually just a crackhead if you're outside city limits. Inner city, hell no.

>Personally

Nah mate