> people buy records that they never listen to
> people download and keep music they never listen to
why do they do this? quality over quantity

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ni2ZVCc7WyY
youtube.com/watch?v=GkR-gYcKbu0&t=1651s
youtube.com/watch?v=aa-ByD5L2rs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In the past due to work and school I was only able to search for new music probably once every one or two months. So I would download a ton and over the next month or so listen to it, keeping what I liked.

I've never physically bought music I don't listen to, though. The closest are some library music records I have but I still pull those out from time to time.

>like one song by an artist you are otherwise unfamiliar with
>download entire discography of 14 albums

>library music records

any authentic Muzak?

that's not what i'm saying. What i'm saying is, if you already have heard it and probably won't ever listen again, why keep it?

i can't predict what i'll want to listen to in the future. if i like something I'm sure as shit not going to listen once and delete it.

This. Sometimes what you want to hear later is not available later so you get it now, while you can. I brought eight used CDs today, and have listened to none so far, but will almost certainly listen to them several times over the next year, whereas if I hadn't picked them up I wouldn't have them (how often do you find a Future Sound of London disc in a US charity shop for $1, after all).

>Deleting music
Storage is cheap m8. Don't be retarded.

but why keep it if you don't like it or don't listen to it? i guess being a minimalist just makes me see everything this way

I used to do this so much holy shit

I actually just downloaded and entire record label the past 2 days

what the fuck, how many albums

>Why do they do this?
Bc of my autistic quest to understand all genres and eras

Thanks rutracker!

You'll get over that when you find out what you like but you'll still be in an autistic quest nonetheless.

about 213. It's cold meat industry. i have been listening and checking out every industrial, drone, noise label I can and writing about each album. this is the big one.

Jesus, how large was the file?

I just did it by hand, followed each album on a list through discogs and downloaded them individually. Took me a while but fuck it, might as well chill and drink ice coffee and listen to English men yell over spooky bleeps while I do it

Did this exact thing with Danny Brown when I first listened to XXX.
Found a torrent that had everything he released up to Old even had a folder that had songs that he did guest verses in.

Have you tried getting an account at Redacted? They have more music than Rutracker and there are label collages to easily download that stuff.

I've just been using slsk for years but I will look into it

>Cold Meat Industry
Sweet, more industrial

yea, they have some great dark ambient releases too. basically it's the perfect meeting of martial industrial and ambient

I like this already
youtube.com/watch?v=ni2ZVCc7WyY

yea some great stuff on there
youtube.com/watch?v=GkR-gYcKbu0&t=1651s

Nice
youtube.com/watch?v=aa-ByD5L2rs