Yea, Uh huh, you know what it is

>Black and yellow
>Black and yellow
>Black and yellow
>Black and yellow

go away, Buzzfeed

The color check 'em.

xd

What does it matter when faced with the eventuality of entropy and the heat death of the universe?

Checked

SHIT-COLOURED

red

:o

>What color is this dress?

Do you mean
>what are the colors represented in that jpg?
OR
>what colors does that dress look like in the picture?
OR
>what are the actual colors of the dress?

Because it's actually blue and black. Proof:

amazon.co.uk/Roman-Womens-Detail-Bodycon-Sleeveless/dp/B00SJEUCWU

Isn't it sad to think how pointless everything is? It doesn't matter how far we progress our scoeity- eventually everything we have ever known will be gone. Total oblivion.

I don't even give our society another 50k years on this earth.

It doesn't matter.

It's not sad. It's not anything.

it's actually comforting imo

HOW.
How do you niggers see black and blue as white and gold?
Is your screen on backwards or something?

The color of the shame your parents feel when anyone asks them what you're doing with your life.

Because we're not a color-blind faggot like you.

Color is a human construct with no universal bearing. We see what we CAN see not what's there

Blue with black stripes. But I shit you not, one time I saw it, it was white and gold. I had to do a double take and it changed back to blue and black. Was fucking trippy yo.

not the same dress faggot

People from universe 1 see White & Gold, meanwhile interloping subhumans from universe b see black & blue (reminds them of their mothers' eyes after back-sassing).

Did the same thing happen when you voted Hillary? You just thought it was a good candidate on the ballot instead?

>human construct
No. "Colors" are a range of electromagnetic radiation that our eyes and brain can perceive. The NAMES of colors are a human construct.

BLACK AND GOLD
BLACK AND GOLD
BLACK AND GOOOOOOLD

No, yeah it is. You're bad at a lot of things.

But cool cool. How about you post a link to the "real" dress, then?

They don't understand that the photo is overexposed and has yellow lighting/poor white balance

Cock

It's clearly fucking obvious that it's not the same dress, the one you linked is sleeveless. The one in the picture has sleeves.

>call faggot-user a faggot
>hurr durpy did the same thing happen to you

No?

No, fucktard. The "sleeves" are a jacket that was going to be worn with the dress.

More fucking proof, you colossal morons.

PSA: Buzzfeed proved that the dress is black and blue

Alright. Seems like this is settled.

I hope all your moms, especially OP's mom, dies a horrible death tonight.

>buzzfeed

Please die in a freak accident.

This finally makes sense to me.

I was always so confused when my roommate and gf saw it was white and gold.

Is there a reason people see it one way versus the other? Is one side "more right?"

One side is more bright.

Are the people who are seeing it as white/gold just not realizing it's super bright/low quality and overexposed?

Whit..... Blue?

Yes.

Why does nobody ever see blue and gold? It always looks like blue and gold to me.

That's.. what I said, yes.

its gold-white you fucking faggots

Because it's not blue and gold.

hey fuck off with the attitude.

fiteme m8

Not everybody is dumb

The names of colors are colors the dress is not any of color because we probably don't have a color for the true color of the dress we simply interpret the color by our inferior human optical organs.kust like every color a dog has is black and white. Who's to say we can't see most of the colors which would mean it isn't a color but a concept of color created by us

Meet me at VLC media player in 20 minutes if you want a buttkicking buddy I'll h*ck you up

I don't know how intelligence relates to perception, but I know it's not blue and gold. It looks blue and gold.

whoa wow wow

Wrong. Instruments that are not our eyes register the same wavelength quantitatively speaking.

Wavelengths exist. We perceive them as color. "Colors" are wavelengths. Dogs do not see colors, every color a dog has is none. We did not imagine wavelengths. They exist even if we angrily throw rocks at the sun.

What you call 'gold' is over exposed black

It does not.

My friend showed us the pic back in the day. I immediately tried to get him to clarify what he was fucking asking. He was like "just tell me what color this dress is". No fuck you, I know what you're trying to do.

REGARDLESS of what color you think it is, the dress is in reality black and blue. Adjust your fucking perception and move on. I cannot understand why this is a thing.

yea you bet i will
i'll suck your motherfucking dick till you cum, you fucking queer

Dogs see colors...

But how can tell the color of the wavelength if the machine shows the true color we still can't see or see it act or be acted on as such so does it really exist?

It looks blue and gold to me. Are you saying it does not look blue and gold to me? How do you know that?

Because you're lying for the (you)s, kicking up shit on a long-settled argument by taking a deliberately absurd third-option

>It looks blue and gold.
My guess is you, and other difficult people, are taking the picture at face value. Whereas the rest of us are adjusting/correcting the color in our minds.

I wonder if black and blue people are somehow more creative or visual or something. Not saying "smarter". Just syaing people who have experience dealing with color and light.

>Dogs do not see colors, every color a dog has is none

They see colors.
In other news, they can also look up.

how the fuck would one know how a dog sees the world?
serious question. someone enlighten me pls

According to
they don't. I'm working with the claim from that post, because it claimed that every color a dog has is black and white. That's not possible, because every color by itself is neither black or white. Those are not colors.

>But how can tell the color of the wavelength if the machine shows the true color we still can't see or see it act or be acted on as such so does it really exist
Because when you look at something that is "Red", you can point the instrument at it and have it give you a list of recorded wavelengths Then you can point it at anything that is also "Red", and get similar if not nearly identical wavelength readings. Then you can point it at anything that isn't "Red" and get different wavelength readings.

The machine doesn't show the true color. The machine doesn't show color. It shows the wavelength being reflected, absorbed, or emitted by the object. We see wavelengths; our brain turns that information into "Color". Our brains are real. Actual perception of color is exactly another way to understand and perceive wavelengths. The English word "Blue" does not exist, but it describes wavelengths that correspond to anything that is "Blue".

You can absolutely act on the wavelength to change it. You can pick things up, burn them, obscure them, shine light on them. It exists.

How do you think infrared vision works?

Thats sad

Cut open one of their eyes and look at it really closely

Well you might be onto something. I'm known to be very disagreeable. I've never been able to see the image as anything other than blue and gold. I do understand the concept of the image and have seen many good explanations, but that doesn't change my perception when looking at it.

Well thanks for the (You) regardless.

My oh my. I just looked at the screen from an angle, so that it all was slightly lighter, and the black switched to gold, followed by the blue switching to white. I never knew what everybody was on about.

Trips of truth

>How do you think infrared vision works?
is that supposed to answer my question?
because it doesn't

You would look at the sort of cones they have in their eyes and what wavelengths these cones would best be able to interpret
Then you would confirm your suspicion by showing dogs some colored lights and seeing which colors they are best able to respond to

If you do your homework in the first bit you'd be able to guess which colors a dog might have difficulty seeing, and show that particular color to the dog and confirm or disprove your suspicion.

Not really? Very few animals evolved with freakishly detailed vision.

They can study the anatomy of the eye under a microscope. We know that we have three color receptors - red, green and blue. It just so happens that we only find two of those receptors in dogs - green and blue. Therefore, dog vision is called "dichromatic", whereas human vision is "trichromatic".

It's supposed to gauge if you can conceptualize how people use things like night vision, infrared vision, or any sort of filter applied to their vision. It's right there. A filter. We don't see infrared, but we can use something to pick up infrared and represent it as visible light.

They alter the way they see the world according to the information pertaining to the "way of seeing" they understand. For example, examining the structure and functioning of a dog's eye. You can see the world the way someone colorblind sees it, by wearing lenses that filter out specific wavelengths, or looking at a rendering of an image without said wavelengths/colors present.

FUCK OFF AND DIE, YOU DOUBLE NIGGER!

They might perceive the colors differently, so maybe it wouldn't look all blue and green to them, but they would only be able to ifferentiate those wavelengths.

And what would you call a green wavelength, if not green?

A rose by any other name et cetera

You can say the same about each individual human. The problem with that hypothesis is that it's unfalsifiable.

I also don't buy into that notion because the color spectrum is a continuum, and swapping out any element breaks that continuum and doesn't make sense. There's no real way to interchange colors on the color spectrum and still have it make sense (aside from reversing it completely, that is).

alright, alright, got it
thanks for the info peeps of Sup Forums

i see what you mean now. what got me in your previous response was the fact that i didn't know that you could "see" through a dog's eyes

>btards being nice

damn u sure have changed Sup Forums

I can't remember the last time we killed someone.

But how do we know that similar wavelengths aren't completely different colors. We have no first hand non mechanical observation

ITS FUCKING SPAGHETTI

Nah, you ration this shit.

For every 200 shitposts you make one or two earnest replies, unless user is being fucking retarded and then you just dunk on him.

shut up edgy newfags
Sup Forums was never the monster plebbit and kym made you believe it was

you see white and gold:
>your brain assumes the lighting is natural (i.e. the sun) at first glance
>you are probably a normie

you see blue and black:
>your brain assumes artificial light at first glance
>your are a basement dweller

Newfag.

>But how do we know that similar wavelengths aren't completely different colors
Because we can use our eyes to check. That's our first hand non-mechanical observation.

Yeah, it's unfalsifiable, and there's not much reason to believe that it would be that different among different humans, but I was thinking it would likely be different between dogs and humans. If they can only see a smaller range of wavelengths, it might be helpful for them if there was more contrast within that range.

You'd still call it green, keeping in mind that "green" is a human concept that is useful because humans all percieve "green" wavelengths to be distinct from other colors, whereas other animals' colors may group wavelengths at different thresholds. It's sort of like how the mainly used number system is base ten, because we have ten fingers for counting, but other bases are used for other purposes (binary for comouters or hexadecimal for ASCII color names).

get this normie shit outta here.

>similar wavelengths aren't completely different colors

Don't be obtuse. Over-simplified, the radiation that occurs at 570 nm we assign the label "yellow". It's not really a color (or, what are you defining "color" as?). It's just radiation at that particular wavelength. Humans perceive that wavelength as "yellow".

Originally I saw it as White and Gold, but when I learned it was Black and Blue I now see a mixture of the two.

Yeah, but you don't think the dress is actually white and gold, right?

A white dress under a red light would "look red". Right? That's what you're saying?