Did you go through the phase Sup Forums?

Did you go through the phase Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w2qm8-urk5c
youtube.com/watch?v=hbjVJMNKCho
youtube.com/watch?v=Ymuffq8qXDA
youtube.com/watch?v=mTCc9p7bO64
youtube.com/watch?v=VJjfOpdkQ-U
manehorsetheband.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=iNQFYEoHuv0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZW15CH1KbME
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

never been a big american football fan
snowing is really good though
youtube.com/watch?v=w2qm8-urk5c

I like the music hate the singer hes too much for me

understandable
have you listened to cap'n jazz at all? a few mutual members from american football, but they had a much greater impact on the whole genre and whatnot
also they reunited under the name owls and put out (imo) the best emo album ever
youtube.com/watch?v=hbjVJMNKCho

Yeah i fuck with this

yeah man right on
if you're into that really technical guitar shit you might want to look into full on math rock
youtube.com/watch?v=Ymuffq8qXDA
youtube.com/watch?v=mTCc9p7bO64
youtube.com/watch?v=VJjfOpdkQ-U

Oh yeah thats actually how i got into the emo genre

Cant stand American Football. Their stuff was way too bland and boring for my tastes. Snowing (First EP), Algernon, Cap n Jazz, Grown Ups, Halfway to Holland and shit like them were some of my favorites in that era

shit, sweet. what kind stuff from the genre are you into? i've been looking for more of emo or math rock so either really work

yeah, i'm kinda the same way. what is that algernon record like? the one with the tree on the cover

Some kind of Cadwallader? Its the only one I listen to of them. Them at their best in my opinion. Their following albums they didn't have their original guitarist anymore and felt they lost what made me like them. He left and made another band called Ape Up! though.

i see, i'll have to check that one out tonight. to me that's kinda how snowing went, fuck your emotional bullshit was near perfection and then the rest they put out was just ok

You can check out my band? Mane Horse. Definitely influenced by all the 2008ish gold. I'd say we're decent in the plethora of shit that came out by bands during that time

Right?! So glad to hear someone agree. Everyone loved their follow up shit even more than their debut. I didn't understand it haha. You ever start a band?

fuck yeah dude. this yours? manehorsetheband.bandcamp.com/

Yeah. Our first EP "What do you Mean were just friends" and the Split with Di Bravura

yeah, working on stuff but we haven't really released anything. i'm gonna ask the guitarist from love, claire (an obscure slowcore/post-rock band from portland in the late 90s) about possibly doing a limited run reissue of their first album, like 30 or 40 tapes or something.
youtube.com/watch?v=iNQFYEoHuv0
sick, i'll check it out

Please people, keep posting bands we've probably never heard of. Could be some God tier emo lurking about!

not sure how obscure this is but it's top shit nonetheless
youtube.com/watch?v=ZW15CH1KbME

I could bump this. How'd this end up on your radar?

the guy that uploaded the EP to youtube usually posts a ton of good shit, i just go through his videos and check out what he's got up. i think i originally found his channel because he uploaded a song by duster (my favorite band) that i was looking for

That's a good idea to staying up to date on stuff. Thanks for that. Ever hear of a band called the Speed of Sound in Seawater? Feel like you'd like them if you don't already

nah, i haven't but i'll check them out tonight, tonight's backlog is gonna be cool. do you have a rym by any chance?

>maybe I'll buy a clarinet

Fuck I'm out of the loop.. I googled what RYM was. But no, I didn't know it existed till now haha. Pretty nifty I take it?

yeah, it's useful at least to me anyway for like cataloguing stuff i've listened to
the community is pretty annoying though

What an unexpected surprise of a thread. Good job, op. Made my day

i know, right? basically the first time i've had real musical discussion on b

I guess I haven't grown out of that phase, since I still love that kind of music.
Anyone remembers Owen?

Anyone else here into Prawn? Been digging their shit for while now, they need to come to the UK

yeah, i think he just released a split EP recently actually.

Yes. It was the comfiest time of my life.

scratch that, i was wrong

>when you come to fap but emo is life

I never kept up on them, but I digged their first releases and splits. What else do you blaze to? Touche Amor?

Aw man, threads gonna die? Lame...

Bump

still there brother

shit, sorry. listening to this speed of sound album. it's nice so far

If in the US, what region do you live in and what's the local music scene like? Spread some stuff shamelessly. It is /b after all.

I'm West Coast California.

Sick, glad you're liking it. They played my hometown a lot when the red album came out. Friends of my friends I guess.

not much stuff going on here. small town in central ohio.

Tera Melos anyone?

fuck yeah
you into other math rock stuff?

A few bands I keep in my catalogue. CHON, The Fall of Troy, uhhh I'm blanking on bands right now.. haha Have any favorites?

i'm really into don caballero and the project that spawned out of it, storm and stress. polvo's today's active lifestyles is incredible too. i need to delve a bit further into it