Why was he standing there?

Why was he standing there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b6ycnnA2R6s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griggs_House
msa.maryland.gov/megafile/msa/stagsere/se1/se5/004000/004800/004826/pdf/msa_se5_4826.pdf
evildeadcabin.blogspot.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's not allowed to watch Heather taking fat witch dick.

where would you take a piss? In the middle of the room?

I actually want to know

there was a serial killer and he made the kids stand in the corner while he were killing the other kids so heather's gonna get killed thats why he's standing in the corner

I always thought he was just being held up there by the witch to draw her in/break her down. The turned-away, cornered ambivalence of it always freaked me out.

they literally explain it in the movie

but is he under a spell or willingly standing there until her friend is killed?

Under some weird history repeats itself spell.

Yep. OP didn't pay attention to the movie.

In the opening scenes where they're setting up the exposition, it is clearly explained that part of the mythos/background of the Blair Witch story is that there was an old hermit (Rustin Parr) who lived up in the hills in a shack by himself in the early part of the 20th century, 30s/40s or something. This hermit had killed a number of children, taking them in twos: he would make one stand in the corner while he killed the other, because he had a problem with the kids looking at him while he did his evil deeds. This hermit is also described has having heard voices from an old woman/being oppressed by a witch's voice which commanded him to kill. What we the audience are supposed to take away from the ending, then, is that some spoopy combination of the ghosts of Rustin Parr/The Blair Witch herself have killed the three filmmakers. The above setup was explicitly done so that the attentive viewer would be left with a creepy aftertaste upon the film's conclusion. I first saw it when I was 14 or so and none of this escaped me at the time.

Blair Witch is a meme but I do very much like the piece of dark ambient music which plays over the closing credits. youtube.com/watch?v=b6ycnnA2R6s Ever since seeing Cannibal Holocaust, I've also realized that not just the found-footage premise, but several other story elements are pretty-much ripped off from the above movie.

I thought the stick figures were pretty creepy.

if it was three vs one, why would he not just turn around and mob the ghost until it left?
if the fucking blair which divides and conquers they have no chance, it's frustrating to watch protagonists be so stupid in cinema

>Watched the new Blair witch
It had an okay beginning but it was just jump scares and cgi slender man witch after that

>why didn't they get into a physical altercation with an immaterial being that exists outside of time and space
Gee I dunno user...

Was it shaky cam? I got a little nauseous in the theater watching the first.

Josh was most likely possessed by the blair witch (like the old hermit) and forced mike into the corner while he killed heather.

Another theory is that Mike and Josh just fucking hated Heather and were working together to scare the shit out of her and then kill her. Mike was the one who got rid of the map for no real reason after all.

After watching The VVitch last week I did some homework on witches and their folk lore. They have some disturbing stories associated with them and are actually scarier than I thought.

Witches have always scared the shit out of me.

Something about eating children is so scary.

While on the subject of the Blair Witch Project, the final scene was shot in the "Griggs House", a decrepit old Maryland house which no longer stands. The structure was quietly demolished at some point after the film's success (I guess the locals wanted to discourage gawkers by giving them nothing to look at), but of course, the site is still there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griggs_House

The below is an RL surveying/parcelling government document which describes the house and the parcel. You can then go hunting for it on Google maps, etc.

msa.maryland.gov/megafile/msa/stagsere/se1/se5/004000/004800/004826/pdf/msa_se5_4826.pdf

Pic related shows some sort of an old parking area in the foreground, with a clearing with some trees beyond, in Granite, Maryland. The spot where the house stood (if my detective work is right) is just behind that clump of stuff in the middle background. If there was an RL cellar, it was filled in, it would seem.

That the actual site is really a clearing, and not a wooded area, is interesting to me. While watching the movie I figured the whole thing was forest but maybe they just dressed it up like that. The footage was quite dark of course.

This site is very similar to the original Evil Dead cabin in many ways:

-The actual building, which was a real place, no longer stands, but there are plenty of traces of its former existence.
-The site is in/near a wooded area out in the mid-atlantic sticks,
-both projects are famous in horror, and classics in their own right, but also for having been put together on shoestrings, even by horror standards

evildeadcabin.blogspot.com/

Well the map didn't do shit all day anyway.

I've never been big on paranormal stuff but Witches have got to be the scariest thing in American paranormal culture/history.

If the folklore is true or at least has some grounding in realitypart, all the supernatural trappings aside, the scariest part is that they were just crazy fucking people who believed in some whacked out shit.

Pretty sure witches have been around since before America user.

Sure but it was a real thing here. Plus we don't have many other things like trolls or nagas or things like that.

>it was a real thing here

Fair enough. I always wonders if there was any science (herbalism) behind witches. That maybe people thought they were doing magic when they were really practicing herbalism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials

I'm not saying witches are real because they're not. I'm saying witches have had real cultural impact

Some. Obviously the whole turning people into frogs and cursing crops is bullshit. But witches also cured ailments and such which would fall into the purview of herbalism.

>implying witches aren't real

those devil worshiping whores got what they deserved

wouldst thou wish to live deliciously?

"Flying" ointment was supposedly just a balm with psychedelic properties.

>being so unfit and beta that you can't turn undead with your magnificent, natty physique
Shit, what is it like being you?

The witch panic from that time period was a carryover from European culture, user. I love me a spoopy, early colonies horror story but it was hardly a phenomenon unique to the new world at the time.

Matthew Hopkins , the self appointed Witchfinder General, killed hundreds of women in his witch hunts during the English Civil War.

He dropped his brand new Nokia 3210 somewhere around there.

But that would have caused the house to collapse

Found footage was a mistake.

yeah early American society had a real odd love/hate thing for witches

they'd be more than happy to call the local "wise woman" to help make a poultice for a sick person, or to deliver a baby during a risky pregnancy

but the moment anything went wrong in the community....burnin' time.

Rude bitch interrupted his jerking session

Kill yourselves, both of you.

so is the first blair witch movie an amateur documentary turned into amateur horror film? I didn't get that part, if the interviews where serious, they were actors or students etc

The map created that worst part of the movie. The constant complaining about it.

I sincerely appreciate this post

the whole movie was incredibly boring except for that last scene. i almost feel like the movie is worth watching just for the connection the viewer makes with the last scene