Life lessons, unwritten rules, advice, all of it

Life lessons, unwritten rules, advice, all of it.
Drop them in here, been feeling like shit recently.

My contribution

Live within your means. Never above, never below.

I was gonna say that was obvious, but then again most people don't do it.

As above, so below.

>faggot.

毋友不如己者

Now, if I could only take the old dude's advice...

I'm sorry I don't speak ching chong

I am one with the Force. The Force is with me.

That's Confucius, for fuck's sake. That was written just as you see it 3000 years ago.

Also, no one can speak it; that's Classical Chinese which exists only as a written language now. No one knows how it would have been spoken.

Never trust a fart.

>毋友不如己者
You are not as good as yourselves

whut do it mean doe?

never trust a fart; never waste a boner

Google translate can't into Classical.

It's from the Analects. Roughly translated, it means "Do not befriend those who are not your equal". "Equal" here refers to ambition. In other words: don't waste your time hanging out with that guy who does nothing but get stoned and play XBox all day when you have ambitions to be a doctor.

Confucius was a smart fucker.

Only pour the milk after youve poured the cereal

Harm noone. Live well.

if a woman shows even a hint of feminist ideas, throw her out.

Don't get a house near a river in Houston. A recent lesson.

Money does not make happyiess
But it cry's better in a cadillac then in a tercel

Have a good poop. Everyday.

Never dip your dick in a crazy chick.

time is essential

sometimes when you are like 16 17 or 18, maybe more, you think that you are dumb because you can accomplish shit that you want to, it can be a girl, a job, anything.
at the time you feel like crap, but those things need to happen, eventually you will do better, don't feel bad for wasting or for not doing good in opportunitys that you had around that age, they will eventually come back and you will know how to achieve them

of course, if you are 28 and you keep making the same mistake or you still being a pussy, that's when you have a problem

Drive American, don't buy a house on a flood plain, enjoy what you enjoy quietly and by yourself

Truth.

尺璧非寶 寸陰是競

Time is more precious than any jewel.

Life lesson. Don't poop in the river pajeet

People you meet at work or who work in bars are not and can never truly be your friends.

Avoid single moms.

Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to.

There's nowhere else structured enough for me to meet new people tho...

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

There are, you just need to break out of your routine to go find them

If someone cheats on you, fuck em in every sense of the work.

It won't get better if you don't try and help yourself.

Don't wait for someone to save you, you'll just get trapped under your own mind's rubble.

Treat everyone with mild paranoia, you never know who might stab you in the back.

Work out regularly, it helps a little.

If you're going to puss out on something, get pissed at yourself for being a coward and do it anyway.

The only thing I learned from anything by Tim Allen's work was from Wilson. "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things"

Learn to live with less than you have.

Always have an exit strategy to any situation.

Never sign a lease if you're not 100% sure you'll be able to uphold the fine print.

Read the fine print.

Don't fear change.

Keep lies and half truths to an absolute minimum.

Don't give more for anyone else than they would give for you.

And to quote Bruce Lee:
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”
Essentially, be adaptable, and know how to be strong, how to be gentle, and when to do each.

If you're anxious about talking to girls, asking them out, etc don't fucking pussy out, you will not gain A THING unless you try, you'll never get anywhere, 5 years of doing things wrong and finally getting it right has paid off, don't rush in there, chat her up, talk, go on dates, take her to see a movie, to a bar, then follow the bases and eventually you'll get a home run.

Don't be scared of rejection, if you never try, you'll never get it anyway, so go for it.

Woah, weird. We chose very similar formats and very different tips, haha.
I'm

my advice is this. it dont matter how much you trust that bitch you get that god damn d.n.a test

can't that also mean "be careful about that "friend" who will steal your ideas, brand them as his own and make mad dosh on your sorry ass" ?

>The only thing I learned from anything by Tim Allen's work was from Wilson. "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things"

Dude, that's from the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me."

We could also simplify it to 'dont befriend jews'

Lol'd at mad dosh, I haven't heard that expression in fucking ages.

Don't eat kale. It is really hard on your digestive system, fucks with your blood, and tastes like shit anyway. True.

Philosophers are the original plagiarists if we're being real here

The context of that line would not support that interpretation. It appears between:

主忠信 "Value loyalty and faithfulness" and

過則勿憚改 "When you err, immediately and without reservation, make amends.".

hold on to your true friends. call them at the very least 3 times a week. True friend are hard to come by and are one of the few good things in life. Each day look at the things that you do and add one good thing and delete one bad thing. We all are addicts. Become addicted to positive things. This is the only way to rid the negative...is to replace them. Have a good relationship with your parents. Find a girl that will make you food and will laugh at your dumbass jokes. Make her feel appreciated. Work out but still make time to drink with your friends on the weekends. Don't reminisce about high school all the time when you could be doing more fun shit. Cut out all toxic people in your life and never stagnate.

Stop for nothing wait for nothing all girls are lying all guys will kill you its more than ok to lie cheat and steal don't care for kids that ain't yours women don't own you you don't own women work out don't play video games go to the gym get head from fat girls don't Mary don't date do fuck read read read

Okay, I've not had the easiest life but I've just about got my shit together. Here's some legit personal life lessons so far.

Having a good work ethic is probably the most important lesson I have learned.

Start each day with a task completed. It will encourage you to do another task. And then another.

Pretty soon you will have achieved a few small tasks and your day will feel instantly more accomplished. Congrats.

It doesn't have to be big tasks. For example, make your bed after you get up. If after the day is done and you by chance happened to have a bad day. you will have a nice, well made bed to rest in.

Its self discipline like this, doing this everyday without failure, that helps you grow into being a better person overall.

Second thing that's important in life, is to recognize that success is failure. Sounds dumb, but let me explain.

You are going to fail in pretty much everything you do. The only way you eventually succeed in absolutely anything is to fail at it over and over and over again, and continuing onward undeterred.

If you take your past repeated failures, study them, find the things that caused the failure and improve on those mistakes - that's when you start to succeed.

That unfettered part is the key. Don't let yourself get bummed out, don't get frustrated. If you failed, that's good. You now have the opportunity to figure out a solution.

Every failure you hit, every situation that seems tricky and awful, can be worked out and improved upon until you are successful. A very important lesson.

Third lesson. Be aware of those around you.

Those around you can either drag you down, or raise you up. Make what you will of this one, but know that having 3 very close, very tight-knit friends who you regard as family, is much better than having hundreds and hundreds of people you barely know or have similar interests as.

Will continue if anyone is interested?

Trust no one.

Never pass a bathroom.

Never trust a fart over 40.

Never tell anyone how much money you have in the bank. Nobody. Especially not a woman.

At night, stick to the right lane. I've seen two wrong-way drivers on the freeway in the dark.

Walk 30 minutes a day.

Try yoga.

These are all true but honestly sound pretty trite because I think they are obvious.

Checked though

You'd be surprised how dumb people are.

One need not fear the sting of the scorpion one sees. -Wolf McCann

Yeah I know, haven't read it in years so I had no clue where to start.

Except Tool Time

You're right. Maybe that is my life lesson from this thread lol

I can attest this is solid advice

Here are a few:
Never pass up an opportunity to do a kindness.

Tip well. You dont have to do the dishes.

Speak less, listen more.

Learn to shave properly. It shows discipline.

Learn how to tie a tie.

Forgive the many slights that come your way.

Be kind to women.

Dont hold a grudge, but when warranted, revenge is a dish best served cold.

Dont waste money on cheap tools.

LET IT BE KNOWN FAR AND WIDE

Continuing on.

Teach yourself about good nutrition, ensure you workout often, and have a strict sleep schedule.

This isn't easy for the vast majority of people, but maintaining yourself is a pretty sure fire way to make sure your emotions and conscious thought are not getting too fucked up day to day.

Also, put considerable effort into saving money, then spend it on something decent.

Make sure it takes a good chunk of your disposable income every time you get paid, and takes 3 or more months before you have enough too.

Nobody else can really do that except yourself, and once you have whatever it is you decide upon, set another goal. It doesn't even have to be one thing, it could be supplies/parts for some kind of project you want to work on. Whatever it is, you've worked hard and saved for it, and you can always be proud of that.

Social Media in a nutshell

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us. Bukowski

Stick your dick in crazy every chance you get, just never knock it up or put a ring on it.

If you're a teenager, have a string of high school jobs. Most of the fun shit I did when I was 16-20 started at work when somebody had a harebrained idea to do something stupid and usually illegal

OP here are a few things you may take for granted.
>your senses
>not being paralyzed
>family or friends
>not being in prison
>having food and water
Life is a gift and a curse. Go with the flow. Live in the moment. Help people. Do something that will help the environment, etc.
Don't over think. Everything happens for a reason.

>Everything happens for a reason.
Sometime that reason is that you did something stupid.

well said

Try to uplift downtrodden people where you can. Small acts of kindness go a long long way in the world, and you can contribute.

Next rule, in the best way I can think to put it, Don't be a dick

Not being a dick is a really great way to live your life for you and most others around you.

Because sometimes you're gonna be a dick, realise you're being a dick, and you should stop being a dick because nobody likes someone who is being a dick.

If by some chance you really fuck up and are a total dick, own up to being a total dick and apologise for your dickish ways. Eventually you'll stop being a dick altogether, and live a much more comfortable and stable life.

Last lesson: Sometimes life will just shit on you. It will suck, and there's zero fucking thing you can do about that. So when it does, find out what you need to do to get life's shit off you, and go sort your life out.

I learned this one recently.

Before asking for a favour, offer a favour first.

For example, if you want your neighbour to help you with gardening, and he is outside moving furniture or working, just go out to him and offer to lend a hand. After you helped them, then bring it up in conversation.

I do this now for everything, if I want something from someone I will offer to do something for them first. Works for everything.

>Sometimes life will just shit on you.
This is sage advice.
Shit happens. I will add this to my list

pic related

That looks like Brother Nathanael on youtube, a very wise man.

Learn how to fix shit

>move with a purpose
>ease leads to disease
>anger is wasted energy, find an appropriate and tactful solution
>keep your head on swivel at all times even in places you think you know well, just don't look like a paranoid fuck about it
>learn another language even if you only speak it at an elementary level
>be inquisitive, not on the question everything you're told on a tinfoil hat level, but don't be afraid to see where your curiosity leads you

Who's Noone?

>Assuming you're young.

Are you living with parents? Save that money for a down payment on a house.

Include one extra payment a year. 12 months payments, and add one more of the same payment into your principal. It will knock off like 7 years on a 30 year loan, include more into your principal monthly and it possible you'll pay it in half time. DO THIS IN THE VERY BEGINNING OF YOUR LOAN.

>Rent free feels good.

1. We might not be your friends
2. You might not be able to trust us
3. We probably aren't smarter than you
4. When the people you spend the most time with offer you advice, shit the fuck up and listen. You might learn something.

Around blacks, never relax

That last one hurts bad