Used to be a cop, ask me anything

Used to be a cop, ask me anything

Pic unrelated, but from my department. Not me though.

>dispatcher calls me at 6AM on my cell
>call too awful for radio
>need to pickup a dildo from a park
>wut
>search park as it gets light, looking for a dildo
>finally find it
>cucumber in a condom
>some kid tossed it over the fence when finished
>vegetable going soft
>me carrying it to trashcan wearing gloves, holding it at arms length
>dog walkers watching me
>call dispatch to clear call, original dispatcher went home
>day shift dispatcher thinks I've finally lost it

When you discriminated against someone, was it almost always right?

What the hell is going on in that picture?

stereotypes exist for a reason, but we mostly had Mexicans and yuppie whites. Blacks now (after my time), and yeah, they're pretty much your typical nog

Refused to pose for booking photo. Pretty standard technique. Courtesy of a bored night shift deputy

Whats the weirest reason you arrested someone for?

worst thing you've ever seen?

If I go to jail or get locked up will I be able to stay in ketosis? I hear you guys buy your prisoners mcdonalds for breakfast but I don't want the muffin or the hashbrowns.

you ever have the urge to beat one out on duty

On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being full blown KKK level of hate, how widespread is racism among police officers?

Is being cop fun?

Whats your pay look like?

What's the best way to get out of a ticket?

Have to think about that. Too may stories. Maybe public sex, dude fucking his first cousin (cousin was legal, doing it in the middle of a field at night wasn't)

Muh feels: 16 year old girl dying in her car, our toughest motor cop holding her brains in and talking softly to her as she slid away. Some cunt has the nerve to hold up traffic asking directions while the fire dept was stuck in the backup line

gross? probably a dead baby autopsy, looked like Roswell shit

Nope. Be prepared for carbs.

Nope

Can only speak for SoCal cops, so it's about 2, LA County cops would have been MUCH worse prior to about late 90s

Why aren't you a cop anymore?

Get tired of risking your life every fucking day for a community who hates you?

Do you ever get to make the decision to just let someone go, ie, you've made a stop or grabbed someone being stupid -- they clearly could be arrested if you decided to -- but after talking to them you say "get out of here, you scamp" and let em off.

It seems like in the old days cops had that ability, but now it seems like every interaction leads to arrest or shooting them. Also, my name is Scamp.

Shit yes, pic related

Starting was $55-60k in SoCal 10 years ago. Figure a senior basic deputy would make about $40-45/hr just on experience alone. Rank, college, etc. would be worth more. But with OT, $100k easy

Guys should be funny, or not speed or whatever. In CA, keep it under 80 on the urban freeways and you're good. Chicks, dump a bottle of water on your lap and start crying.

why are goats so cute even when they're in jail

Car accidents. Not going back for exactly those reasons. Not worth my life being ruined.

They still have that discretion. Happens a lot. One night, this dude had no ID, didn't know his address, and was just a dumbass. My partner said "fuck it" and let him go rather than write a ticket addressed to "Sketchy Trailer in Orchard."

Because animal control is fucking lazy. Ever have to chase some kid's rabbit around the neighborhood at 7 AM? I have.

You ever shot anyone?
If so, story?

Why did you decide to be a cop?

do you agree with the idea that cops can impound property even if charges get dropped. I'm a canadianfag, but it sounds like in the US cop departments get rich just impounding shit off of innocent people. Or is that just anti-US propaganda?

only babby goats tho

Nope.

Partner blew a guy's arm off with a .45. Some dude shot behind my mom's house year before I joined; cop went nuts and quit, then got picked up for 5150 in the same area. Guy hired right before me opened up on a car that tried to run him down. Knew a lot of the SWAT guys that wasted dudes. You'd never know it. SWAT sniper was an intense former Spetznaz guy who loved busting unlicensed fruit carts.

what are your preferred less lethal options?

nope, they try to steal cars and boats using that law, but mostly it's drug dealers getting busted and having their property confiscated.

photography is not a crime. I'll give you space and not engage/interfere, but don't get up in my face citing "policy" or some other nonsense.

Always liked emergency equipment, rescues, etc. Had a good criminal justice teacher in high school that sold me on law enforcement. I like the law, and it was better than becoming a lawyer.

Asset forfeiture? No, that's bullshit. Towing a car is one thing, but the 4th Amendment means what it says. Told Narcs to fill out the report themselves if they wanted to seize something.

Are all cops, in fact, bastards?
The crusty punk down the street from me seems to think so. He writes it on every fucking wall enough

Only certain areas do that, so it’s 50/50 bullshit and anti-us prapaganda

What happens, step by step, when you confiscate drugs?
You or your associates ever kept/used any?

Taser, then bean bag shotgun. Saps would be wonderful...

We had one guy who would try to provoke incidents. He was a fur fag and basically made himself look stupid. I'd post his videos, but don't want to out myself or the dept.

We felt the same way about open carriers; do your thing, just don't intentionally try to set traps for us or be douche bags. Our department was pretty chill; literally one of the best in the world. We took it all in stride and loved being on YouTube. Some local Twitter reporter now is actually respected by the department and all he does is chase scanner calls. All about attitude on both sides

What would you do if you couldn't be a police officer?

Also from California.

Is most likely a retarded question, but would there be any way to be a cop and still smoke weed?

Also, how often do you get tested and what do they screen for apart from the usual?

what were some of the funniest/fucked up questions they asked you during your poly?

You've got your proportion of assholes. Depends a lot on the area. California cops are usually pretty chill, but other areas seem to have this institutional assholism.

Tagged, bagged, and booked. Chain of custody from there. Mostly a pain in the ass, especially when you're getting a contact high from 30lbs of fresh cut weed stuffed into an evidence closet. Hard drugs scare cops; you never know whats in them, especially now with Fentanyl being such a problem.

We had one guy recently busted for stealing pills from the medication drop box. Caught on camera. Those of us who actually had to deal with that were grossed out by it and worried what the fuck was actually in there.

Newly certified EMT, worked with police a lot on my ride alongs

How do you feel about other EMS workers? Are they buds?

Just curious about the politics btwn departments

Well, I'm not, so I do insurance type shit and gun rights advocacy.

Me? Nothing unusual. I saw a demo once and the kid wigged out when the examiner asked him "Any unusual sexual practices?"

The box is basically to freak you out and fuck with your mind.

Have you ever arrested an animal?

Nice trips
What's your opinion on drug legislation?

is it true that cops experience higher then normal rates of divorce and suicide? Did you find that your job allows you to process emotions of high stress and trauma (for those who experience it obviously) in a way that wasn't punished if a cop reached out for help? Is expressing these emotions frowned upon? Are you meant to just suck it up, or face scorn otherwise?

do cops shower together?

The medics were pretty cool. One dude was super chill. We loved him. He was good looking, like an actor. We'd all have sucked his dick if he asked. He could calm even the biggest asshole down for us.

Fire fighters? 50/50 douche bag proportion, usually because of the fire fags ego. On the other hand, some fire fighters were cool as hell. My best friend's dad was a captain and he is one of the nicest people I know.

Pic related.

Hey op,

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE

not all Sup Forumstards are libfags who hate the first responders

ever try skydiving?

This. Have you ever had to ask 'are you carrying cash over $500?' most of those people never get the cash back because they can't claim where it came from. Literally put the money on trial lol it's so fucked.

What is your kill list? Know cops that still notch their gun handle after killing a perp?

Anecdotally yes, but probably along the line of any high stress job (military, etc).

You're expected to be tough enough to deal with it. Generally cops are pretty psychologically resilient. It's repeated trauma connected with personal issues that causes a lot of guys to snap. Hard to predict.

I got fucked over badly for talking to my friends about how stressed and upset I was over sexual harassment, too much work (I was the station bitch), and shitty partners. I should have found better people to talk to or have made a complaint myself, but I didn't.

Almost got a straight jacket or arrested until they talked to my real friends. Fucking cunts man... Be careful who you talk to and never women.

Some do, but culture discourages faggots from dating on the department.

golf clap

I do some first amendment audits, again, non-confrontational, no engagement - "I don't answer questions", while wearing safety vest in open.

You guys do your job, I do mine. I'm just a fly on the wall staying out of the way within reason.

Still, been cuffed and stuffed over a dozen times. Though usually just given a once over and ignored as I should be.

how well do you think cops can shoot their firearms in general? I've been told that cops rarely if ever practice shooting, expect when they're first joining the force and are being tested, and then in a panic on a range just before having to be re-certified, and that a LOT of them fail because they don't keep their skills up. Is this true in your experience?

To protect and serve lol

Thanks... Cop worship bugs me. Seems fake or really shallow. Thanks for bugging me while I eat my lunch.

No, don't want to do it strapped to someone.

No.

You'll be my first.

Might have to go. Thunderstorm is fucking with the power.

>how well do you think cops can shoot their firearms in general?
It's been shown that communities that have the most "unjust shootings" of cops killing niggers have less crime overall. Never argue with results like this.

First Amendment audits? We've got a fag here!

About as much as the average guy on /k/ can

Now you have to give a little more information. Was the hawk stolen property or were you doing animal controls' job?

can you trust a cop not to fuck you over if you share something potentially incriminating with them during a casual chat? Are you guys always "on duty" or do you have a fuck-it time, where a guy lets slip he's holding drugs say, or did something and told you. I guess I'm thinking more friends, or someone in the community you know and who would be trusting enough to share with you, the PERSON, not the COP. or are they fucked

Okay, that's it. Storm is kicking up.

Attorney I dated. Crazy celebrity's attorney.

why the fuck are you posting this..

>> This thread is already on Stan sniffs desk you fucking moron..

Charles is gonna be pissed he has to fire you in the AM

oh shi your fucked OP you dun goofed

Dude I totally know your department. Not gonna put you like a nigger, but be careful fam