Holy shit, I thought I drank too much. I usually go through a 2 liter of vodka every 4 days...

Holy shit, I thought I drank too much. I usually go through a 2 liter of vodka every 4 days. I went to an AA meeting and felt like a lightweight.

There's people downing 2-3 liters of hard liquor every single day. How the actual fuck? One guy in there with a really purple nose was shaking really bad said he drinks over 30 pints of beer every single day.

I wake up and feel like I'm dying unless I start drinking but these people are drinking enough to float an aircraft carrier.

Get help OP

I was one of those 2 liter a day folks and it was awful. Nearly ruined my life. Try to make sure you never get there op it's miserable.

curious as to how much AA helps if you do have those feelings of being a "lightweight"
sometimes i feel like i dont have any problems because im not downing a handle a day

Complete destruction on the body dude. It helped me cut back thinking of alcohol as a demon that just takes your control from you. Feels great to be absent but those spirits are only fun to dance with not live with everyday

I drink a few beers a day and a lot over weekends. Am I fucked? Is my light addiction going to become heavy or am I just a functional alcoholic?

I just said I feel like a lightweight. I have no desire to get to that point. I only drink to make anxiety go away and so I can sleep.

Isn't that what AA is for?

How did you do it? I just sip until it makes me feel normal, end up getting tired after I'm 1/4 through the bottle and taking a nap. I can't imagine downing 2L a day.

I used to drink beer for the sole purpose of getting drunk in my early 20s and never had an issue. I'd be like "well, that was fun but expensive".

Alcoholics are people who are completely dependent on alcohol to function or get through their day. If you can function without it, you're not an alcoholic. People who drink a lot for no reason are just drunks.

Also, a few beer a days isn't a lot at all.

I work in radiology and do liver ultrasounds quite frequently. How long have you been doing this because 2 liters every 4 days (while unhealthy) is nowhere near the amount of ass-fuckery I've seen in my job. I've met people who do those 30 pints a day stint and usually have people show up drunk to their fucking ultrasound which fucks with the results and makes them look watery. Also, I always get people with high liver enzymes because they got drunk before an alcohol test.

Depends on the type, in my country 1 each day is considered an alcohol. I used to drink 6-15 a day sometimes more. Now I drink only in weekends with exceptions of coutse

From 23 to 27 I used to be a heavy drinker at the local bars. I'd drink beers all day then I stopped going because it was too expensive.

I then switched to cheap liquor because it's far less volume and kicks in a lot quicker.

Liquor is really hard to tapper off of, unlike beer. I'm going to try switching from 80 proof to 40 proof and tapper off that way with gradual decreases.

Am I an alcoholic if I shake when I don't drink?

lol i've done that my dude. it'll taste like piss water for a while and it takes a lot to get a buzz going. going from 80 - 40 will taste like water to you for about a week or more. my dad who was a broke jobless alcoholic would fucking chug mouthwash when he got the shakes.

Those are called Alcohol Withdrawals and the shaking is the least of your worries. If it gets bad enough, you can start having seizures and hallucinating things. They're calling DTs. The hallucinations are usually fucking bizarre, like you're living in a real life horror movie. Shaking is usually a mild first sign of alcohol withdrawals. Then comes nausea, vomiting, confusion, seizures, hallucinations, rapid heart rate and you might throw up blood.

Speak to a doctor and try to slow yourself off of that shit if you're getting shakes. Withdrawals from alcohol can kill you. It's worse than heroin.

The ppl who have a problem know it, if you are questioning it trust me you dont wanna go there. *Ones too much, ten isnt enough.* Be responsible for yourself guys, dark road

Was doing the same as you, drinking for sleep, anxiety, social aspects, for years and then somewhere along the line it went South. I ended up in rehab and AA all that stuff but really at the end of the day for me it just took realizing that it wasn't worth it and that no matter what kind of control I think I might have now it could potentially be gone if I drink again. Haven't been to a meeting in years and have just not picked up a drink. I just wish I could have nipped the whole thing in the bud when I was still where you are with the drinking. Would have made it way easier.

Yeah

Also, if I don't drink before I try to fall asleep, I get non-stop heart palpitations and a weird light sensation in my chest laying down, doesn't matter in what position and I can't sleep. The last time I ran out of money, my body wouldn't fall asleep and I didn't sleep for two days until I got more money to drink.

I tried ignoring it but the palpitations were just non-stop and the light chest feelings jolt you out of your position.

That sounds like severe stress and anxiety honestly. Heart palpitations won't kill you. They're annoying and concerning but you're going to be fine. Fight through it and close your eyes.

Delirium trimins, I believe it's called. Killed Teddy Roosevelt's brother. Really nasty stuff.

When do the scans can you see a cirrhotic liver? Is it more nodular and smaller?

>work boring as fuck
>decide today is "work from home" day
>post on Sup Forums all day, drink 12 cans of beer or so
>no work done
>no consequences
>next day also a "work from home" day
fuck, need to get out of this job asap

This hits close. I've been having issues lately, and over the weekend I did something like that. Got stupid drunk on Vodka, which I never do. Next day I couldn't eat and I had to force myself to puke at like 10 at night to not feel wholly awful. I couldn't sleep that night or the next, I just laid there for hours with my eyes closed, had maybe one dream the second day. It was awful.

This thread scares me. I never wanted to be this, but it's come so naturally to me.

When you quit drinking and go into delirium tremmons you know you're an alcoholic. The absolute worst pain/fear ive ever experienced in my life. Auditory and visual hallucinations, constant vomiting, pain all over your body, shaking, sweating, went 5 days with no sleep, heart beating out of your chest. I could go on. Im just happy i lived through it and am 100% sober now. Make no mistake. Alcohol withdraws are fatal. Not in all cases of course, but in plenty.

jesus fucking christ and my fiancee gives me shit for drinking half a bottle once every week or two on a regular basis

While an increase in volume consumed daily obviously causes exponentially more physical damage, the whole point of seeking sobriety (for the successful cases, at least) is to relieve the underlying issue that keeps you drinking despite your best, most sincere efforts to stop on your own. From personal experience I can tell you with certainty that AA is an effective means to stop if you have the willingness to not only listen to shit you don't want to hear, but also take suggested actions that you either A: don't agree with, or B: think are illogical. You could try to take a psychological approach to why AA works and you'd end up with don't great sounding pseudointellectual fake-news science reasons but ultimately, the shit just works best when unquestioned...unfortunately, most alcoholics are narcissistic assholes that hate themselves while simultaneously believing themselves to be misunderstood, demigod savants. Good luck trying to quit if that's what you want to do OP. AA was the last place on earth I thought I'd end up (atheist, know-it-all junkie savant) but it's the only thing that every saved my ass. You don't have to be dying ass quickly as everyone else, you just need to want to, want to live as much as them.

I've often thought that a good business idea would be to get a cargo van, load it up with coolers for beer and like cases of pints of different types of liquor like a mobile ice cream truck and park it around the corner from AA meetings, I'll bet that business would be brisk

When I was homeless, one of the other street people said that they had like free food at the meetings during the intermission. So I tag along, now, this was a huge affair, must be like 300 people there. Well, because they never saw my face, they ask me to tell my story. Uh uh, well, I drink a lot etc. But the thing was I was so poor, I couln't even afford a coke, so I was stone sober for like a whole year. Now when it was over, all the crowd gathered around the food like pigeons and ate all the doughnuts. I didn't even get food.

Or start doing something with your life. Start writing, painting, being creative or whatever. Stop being a loser.

I remember when I quit drinking a few years ago. Had no choice. After drinking heavily every day for a couple of months, I did a 36 hour no-sleep bender on cheap high ABV beer on an empty stomach. Finally puked and fell asleep. Woke up 10 hours later, ate a sandwich, and then a wave of anxiety like I've never felt before washed over me for the next 4-5 months. I even remember the exact moment. I felt like I was dying the entire time. Lightheaded, confused, anxious, short of breath, afraid, shaky, all that for about 4-5 months. Still don't know what the fuck that was, but it was enough to knock my ass sober. Any of you faggots know what happened to me that day?

As she should more than 1 standard drink a day is detrimental to your health.

Health be damned, I take mood stabilizers and antipsychotics and I still drink. I have to artificially feel good to not be just fine when I'm on this shit, and the last time I stopped taking it I was swinging between batshit maniacal and suicidal

just be glad relative to them, it could be worse. but do not let that enable to you making worse decisions.

What if you dryout? I got off my antipsychotic (for now) drinking less has kept me more or less sane.

i was drinking a half gallon of vodka a day. i quit 4 months ago no more puking shitting myself or the shakes.

try to beat their record of 30 pints a day and 2l of vodka

liquor is the only answer listen carefully to what it has to say my friend and you will find what you need

If you route the exhaust back into the cabin and put a small wind powered generator on it, you might be able to power a mini-fridge too.

Give it a shot if you ever actually try that idea!

Tried, just got so depressed that trying to get through a workday was hell. And working in the trades you can't afford to have a shit day, everyone on the site gives you shit for being slow, sloppy, and unproductive.

2edgy4me