youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3D886QVMU
youtu.be/5OZ92K_4zro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So what does she look like?

really tall, lanky, off-grey colour, generic as fuck
you only see her briefly

Pretty much this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3D886QVMU

That's disappointing. I had a bad feeling they would.

How is it otherwise?

it's okay, not as good as the original
it's essentially a remake on steroids

hahah exactly what I thought of too. very fucking gay to be honest

>really tall, lanky, off-grey colour
Why is this the only design movies can think of now?

Wow! Really? Creepy long face is so overdone.

the Witch looks like the Jackal from 13 ghosts, almost the exact same design of the face minus the head cage

Seeing this tonight. What am I in for?

>13 ghosts
underrated kino

So exactly like the witch from Conjuring. Fuck Hollywood is terrible.

So like the Conjuring ghost?

I don't know why I expected anything different. Blair Witch Project is one of my favorite movies. Leave it up to Hollywood to forget everything that made the original so good.

>Blair Witch Project is one of my favorite movies
But it was actually total shit
How did people even like the original? I haven't seen the remake, and I'm not defending it, but the original is only 'classic' because its well known

because it's a unique movie that broke boundaries and everyone who isn't a complete Zack Snyder loving idiot knows it.

nice try kiddo

great example of 'less is more'

>blair witch
>shit
Fuck off pleb

Are you fucking blind? Looked nothing like her.

Looks more like pic related crossed with Her limbs are long because she was put to death on a make shift rack...

The lights at the end, was she an alien?

>Broke boundaries
what boundaries. It wasn't new or anything. It was just the most well known version of the genre at the time.
Cannibal Holocaust came out a whole 20 years before it, granted with less subtlety, but after a certain point it stops being subtlety and starts being a movie about literally nothing at all.

Willing to bet at least 2 of these are the same person

>The lights at the end, was she an alien?
that was stupid
did she send out fucking scanners?

Worst part about the ending was when she falls for the same trick, looking at the witch, that her friend just got fucked over by. That was seriously beyond stupid.

>its an alien
Its like the laziest explanation ever but i can buy it as an excuse for anything

It was always gonna be shit tier compared to the original BWP. From the trailers you can tell it's obviously staged, everything is shown, of course the witch herself is shown too. The original was a masterpiece in minimalism and tension building in what looked like an actual realistic scenario. The new one is obviously manufactured and that automatically ruins what makes BWP so great.

Jewish agenda, instill a subconscious fear of the Caucasian.

The Medeiros girl is the scary as fuck. Her origin is pretty sad, though.
youtu.be/5OZ92K_4zro

Pasty white lanklet detected

Slendy Meme is responsible for this.

that's literally the biggest turn to shit a movie franchise ever took.

I wish I never saw it part past 2.

I think the lights were The Witch speeding by the daytime to make it nighttime again because of how they woke up at 7am but it was still dark.

3 is shit and 4 is slightly less shit. 1&2 are fine back to back imo.

People dont like long or many legged things.

Maybe an extension for hatred of bugs?

S L E N D E R

that whole thing was fucking stupid
it was great in BWP how you gradually began to dread the night arriving, but in this it was just ETERNAL NIGHT LMAO

You see 3 glimpses of her, barely a second combined.

Stop being autistic, its a decent film.

Uncanny Valley meme in full effect

Disproportionate human beings are pretty scary

but it breaks the rules
in Blair Witch media, you don't show the witch
it's honestly unacceptable

>muh autismo rules of horror
who cares, dead genre anyway

>The rules
>Blair witch media

Theres that autism again. This film was made by one of the directors of the original film. If there were any rules, they're his to break.

There was no witch in the first to keep it a mystery, and they had no budget. BWP2 was a fucking trainwreck so who cares. This film wanted to show the witch to confirm it was a supernatural event and not a Rustin Parr copycat.

Be happy we got an advancement of the story from a director with the balls to make a supernatural film, not just another cock tease whodunnit with a crazy villain at the end like a scooby doo episode.

shit argument

Exactly. The day gave breathing time and a sense of relief and you think 'ok you gotta get the fuck outta there now' and then night comes and they haven't progressed at all. Now its just always night and you kind of get used to it.

Goddamn it. Now I have to wait for the WEB-DL

Is it worth seeing tomorrow night?

>This film was made by one of the directors of the original film
stopped right there
you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

I will not be driving to the theater and paying for this.

I'm waiting for the WEB-DL

>Blair Witch had a much smaller cast and scope than Cannibal Holocaust
>Blair Witch provides no relief from the tension, things just snowball and get worse and worse
>barely any violence, gore, or onscreen death in Blair Witch
>never know in Blair Witch what the threat actually is

On an unrelated note, the best thing about the first Blair Witch is the uncertainty, which the new one apparently gets wrong. You never really know if the threat is supernatural or not.

if you're gonna go with friends then yeah, but it's absolutely nothing special

It would have gotten stupid if it went on like that for much longer, but as soon as you realized it was always night the film flicked into turbo mode and that qt chick got snapped in half.

After that the eternal night made no diffrence because it was balls to the wall horror set pieces until it ended.

I just like going to the theater. I don't have any friends.

there was need for it to be eternal night as the setpieces you mention take place over about 10 minutes

i guess it might be worth it, i dunno. i didn't get that much enjoyment from it

So was this user right? He posted this review and said The Witch looked something like The Rake, but with flesh-colored skin and longer proportions

>every stephen king novel is just aliens

Did Hollywood just forget how to relate to audiences? I don't think any movie that has come out in the past 5 years has had a relatable protagonist or scenario

One film of uncertainty is cool.

Two is unfulfilling and repetitive.

I dunno. I wouldnt find a guy with big ears and nose scary

Well that ruins it. The first film had creepy shit going on but it was never actually confirmed to be an actual witch or anything. The not knowing part was what made you think about it after the film was over.

Such a shame, pointless reboot.

You barely see it, its a couple of glimpses while a character is running away and wildly flinging the camera around.

In the film they explain the original witch was tied high up in a tree with weights on her arms and legs and left to die, but her body disappeared.

The glimpes you get are of a human, with disproportionately long arms and legs, but aside from that its hard to make anything out. Looks old, frail, maybe rotten. Just skin coloured really.

Its a direct sequel, not a reboot.

If they made the first film over again you'd be bitching and smirking about it being lazy and milking it. Watch it first before bitching.

post spoilers motherfuckers, i wanna know

What if it reached all the way to the ground? And the ears were huge, wrinkled and floppy, brown and curled up like old leaves?

Didn't they reveal her face in some tie in toy?

Saw this yesterday night. Completely awful and as bad you expected it to be. It felt like the original but duller, shittier and drawn out.

What the fuck was the purpose of that girl crawling through the ground just top end up on the other side of the basement/cellar? It added nothing.

yikes/10

Adam Wingard is a really uninspired hack. He sold out to dumb shit like this Death Note when You're Next and The Guest were very decent. Blair Witch even replicates the whole "there's a backstabber in our group trope" from You're Next. It's just so shitty and plays it way too safe.

>ywn put your detachable tongue into Manuela Velasco's mouth

Why live?

Jesus fucking Christ. Way to completely eliminate literally everything that made the original interesting.

Literally 15.

hit the nail on the head

That's more Simon Barrett's fault since he wrote the damn thing.

more than likely just an original concept design made by Todd McFarlane specifically for the toy. Not really official.

Not to mention the way it was filmed. The actors were actually alone in the woods, filming themselves while the filmmakers did shit to creep them out.

They just improvised based on who their characters were and that's how 90% of the movie was made

Its not like this is canon. They just wanted to squeeze some money where they could

Is it a trend to make belated sequels nowadays or what?

I think the tumblur girl was qt but the movie fucking sucked except for the end. I'm so tired of them trying to squeeze blacks into the movies it's fucking apparent and not natural at all. Muh Confederacy flag joke. And there was really no conviction to find his sister or scale of the reason to go in the first place. They should have shown pictures of them together and have them talk about the old cast for a better tie in. At the end of the day it's just a shit cash grab.

the black dude was the only one with a personality though (the guy they meet to go into the woods with kind of has a personality but it's mostly spaced out weirdo), he was the best chracter

when will this show up online?

Nobody knows you stupid faggot

I thought it was good, I really was scared and they have a lot of spooky additions that I've been thinking about. You do see the witch or a version of her disguise or whatever for literally 10 combined seconds
the making time different/ sun not coming up for their last day was really creepy I though

So is this another Jump Scare: The Movie, or is it genuine spooks?

both, there's jump scares towards the end/middle, lots of confusion, but also lots of creepiness

the original was "obviously manufactured" too unless you saw it as a naive child

You're Next is very overrated.

It was an okay horror movie, like a 5 or 6/10, but nowhere near the movie most people talk about it being.

It was 5/10 for me.

When I realized I plum don't give a shit about the characters the movie went straight fucking downhill.I liked the time dilation allusion, the tree climb drone recovery sequence, the second time the crazy ass stick symbols show up, and the end where James is like "I'm sorry...this is my fault..."

Those felt like they were either implying something way more terrifying was going on behind scenes or they were actually giving the characters some fucking depth. Never saw the original but I feel like this was a massive letdown for fans of it.

And I loved The Guest too, so it's a damn fucking shame to see Wingard get fucked in the ass like this.

I think my favorite part was the tree they saw at the beginning that had been damaged by lightning was the same tree near the house at the end

Oh shit, I didn't notice that.

Cheap bait

How much worse than the original is it?

>white racist NEET has a qt3.14 gf
IMMERSIAN RUINED

Racist people are alpha when it comes to getting girls.

>best character
>not that third guy in the trailer who did nothing

yeah! I forgot to ask, idk if I had imagined them/mistook one of the known characters or not, it looked like a middle aged lady to me

>it's another "sketchy weirdo goth couple backstab the protagonists" film

Literally You're Next all over again. Wingard is a fucking hack.

That purple haired girl got btfo'd pretty hard tho'. I didn't expect that to happen.

Any goth girls in this movie? Wingard knows how to do goth chicks pretty good.

does black hair and eyeliner make one goth, also the purple haired girl