Why does jazz attract more music snobs than any other genre...

why does jazz attract more music snobs than any other genre? it's literally just endless wankery that people trick themselves into thinking that skill is needed to even appreciate it. jazz fans can never get past coltrane and miles davis and shun any new jazz artists trying to break into the scene. besides the only good jazz is smooth everybody loves Raymond type anyway

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UbkqE4fpvdI
youtube.com/watch?v=30FTr6G53VU
youtube.com/watch?v=ylXk1LBvIqU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When jazz stopped being popular it retreated into academia and schools to survive, and i guess some of the fans are elitist about it.
There are a lot of high school jazz band programs were they still have that type of thing

Jazz was the Prog Metal of its time.

I am a jazz fan and I'm not an elitist AMA

complexity is valuable

not when it's for complexitys sake

>endless wankery

do you have a single fact to back this up

/r/jazz

3rd post from the top of /r/classicalmusic

inb4 >reddit

>why does jazz attract more music snobs than any other genre?
I always thought that was more common f.or classical.
The way you describe it sounds like the average normie that "loves jazz Coltrane, miles the list goes on", rather than someone who's fully invested in the genre.

Math-rock is the master race of soulless wankery.
At least they don't take themselves seriously.

I can't get into Jazz because it all sounds way too simlilar and it's nothing to me but glorified background music.

ITT: "I eat my own shit give me attention"
2/10

Compare
youtube.com/watch?v=UbkqE4fpvdI
to
youtube.com/watch?v=30FTr6G53VU
to
youtube.com/watch?v=ylXk1LBvIqU

All are very entry-level jazz that you'll see recommended everywhere. If they still sound the same to you it really just isn't for you, but I'm willing to bet you just haven't been exposed to enough

I see more people bitching about jazz being pretentious than I've ever seen actually pretentious jazz musicians. I've played with a good number of them and they've all been very open and willing to share their music with others

Yea I'd say it's more of a classical thing, but Jazz and Classical are kind of in the same realm of discussion

My nigga

The thing about jazz is that it sounds good, but again, it's just music for the background for me. I like music that either energizes me, engages me, or takes me to another world mentally. Jazz doesn't do that for me for the most part. I might have to check out a few albums though, IDK.

this is the end of mu
is it that fucking hard to pay attention? it's pretty urban catchy shit.

fucking plens get off my board

>Jazz fans can never get past Coltrane and Miles Davis
>do you have a single fact to back this up
>/r/jazz
And this is the representation of every jazz fan on the planet? Not to mention that the overwhelming majority of jazz fans are musicians themselves. And from that alone your statements are ridiculous. Do you honestly believe musicians, especially jazz musicians, don't bother listening to any other jazz musicians except Coltrane and Miles Davis?

>not all jazzists!
not interested fella

have fun continuing to judge everybody who likes something you don't funshitter

>not all jazzists!
>not interested fella
Great. So, why don't you provide any sources for your claims? I'm sure that will be more interesting than shitposting.