Pros and cons of being drunk all the time?

Pros and cons of being drunk all the time?

If you're seriously having trouble with alcoholism, seek help.

If you're just bored and listless, then (I mean it in the best possible way) get a life.

Time passes by really quick. Things don't really matter. You'll die young.

Pro. Forget your problems for a while. Con. Woke up this morning and puked blood.

Pros: you are drunk
Cons: it is expensive

You'll die faster and its fun

Not much. It's very expensive compared to weed.

But alcohol + weed is always a good time.

alcoholic here, I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

its 7:42 am n im kickin around the idea of havin a few shoylts of shine already..

Pros: its fun, while drunk it feels like nothing can go wrong
Cons: poor decision making, terrible for health, bring shame to loved ones

Alcoholic here. Drunk pretty much any time I'm not working. The pros are its a way to just stay chilled out. Cons are that eventually all alcohol does is make you sleepy and I'm to the point that if I stop now I'll probably die.

Pros: you're drunk, if you like being drunk
Cons: alcohol is expensive. Delirium if you ever stop with possible death. Sclerosis of the liver and inevitable death if you never stop.

Pro not having to deal with your problems. Con you shit yourself.

Alcoholic here, constantly drunk (drinking right now funnily enough).

Pros: confidence, feel like a human being, compassionate, friendly, caring

Negateives: Crippling anxiety if sober
People know you're drunk but you function so they have that 'best not say anything attitude'
No friends
No girlfriends
Suicide actually seems like a good idea for those you care for (to prevent them having to deal with yourself any longer).

I could continue

I should probably add, I've been constantly drunk for about 6 or so years, I literally have no idea who I am if I am not drunk.

Shit sucks but drink is the only thing that can console it, I fucking want to die.

Pro: It helps you forget about your pathetic existence.

Con: You feel like you're dying all the time eventually. Alcohol is literally poison and your body will start rejecting it sooner or later. But once you've gotten to that point you probably have a tolerance and will get violently sick if you stop drinking. Sick if you drink, sick if you don't. It sucks.

OP of these two here

That's literally how I feel all the time now, how close until the end?

Pros? It'd be fun for a while.
Cons: I actually like being sober most of the time.

I actually have pretty bad anxiety and as easy as it would be to drink it all away well I find healheri ways to deal with it I guess.

Dunno mate, I'm waiting for that answer myself. Either cirrhosis or becoming an hero will probably kill me though.

Please explain how you cope/remedy with it without booze

>puked blood

What are you, gay?

Well my friend, I wish you a swift departure without pain.

I will wait for my own answer. God speed.

Sex is cool, but when you wake up in the morning there will be a dead fetus in the chicks belly

Pros: Dulls the pain of living and makes you die quicker.
Cons: Costs a lot.

Pro: You can tolerate drunk people when you're drunk, too.

Cons: Literally everything else. Drunks are annoying, they all let their lives go to shit, and then get more drunk because they hate their shitty lives. Then want to spend hours sobbing to you about it when they're drunk, but they won't even spend one god damn minute cleaning up the mess they're making of their own lives. It's not just the alcoholics that are obnoxious, even casual drinkers are hard to be around when they get drunk. Alcohol just turns people into pieces of shit, that's what it does. Besides that, alcohol smells bad, tastes bad, is bad for your health, and leaves you feeling bad the next day. What the fuck is good about it? Wanna know why you really drink? Because 1) society tells you that you should, it's shoved down your throats constantly in advertisements and popular culture, and you don't even realize how constant it really is until you step back and look for it, and 2) you don't have access to the GOOD drugs.

Fuck booze.

Wubba lubba dub dub*

pro: you feel good, you dont care

con: it really takes its toll after a while

Im coming up on 10 years of being a moderate alcoholic... I remember the last time I went 3 days without a drink... it was pretty terrible. Good news is I'm only drinking like 5-7 shots a day, which while a lot, isn't "ill be dead in 3 years if I keep it up" territory.

welp off to work so I can come home and get buzzed in 9 hours.

cons : everyone will hate you
pros : you won't notice

Very well put

Gaining weight and it's kind of expensive also being drunk last only for so long.
It's fun though.

If you get really desperate to become sober and want to live, you could go to a detox clinic. Just tell them you've been drinking at least a 5th a day for years. Tell them you get "the shakes, nausea/vomiting, suicidal thoughts" if you try and quit. They will most likely start you on a benzodiazepine taper so you could withdraw without getting sick. It really is the only way if you're a hardcore alcoholic.

OP to who you were replying to here.

That's literally how I am if I don't drink

Also in UK, I assume you're USA not sure they have the same things.

Also this captcha is hailarious

Its mostly exercise. Not gonna kid you it fairly sucks but I pretty much have to go for a run at least 3 times a week. Preferably more. I've made it a part of my life now so its easier than when I first started.
Also when I do drink it makes the hangovers a lot better so theres that too.

Drunk every waking moment here

The urge to "need" alcohol hits fast and extremely suddenly, (whole family of alcoholics including me)
A lot of people here explained it perfectly: it makes sobriety feel horrible, such as panic attacks and sorrow.
But every alcoholic will eventually ruin their life, usually financially.

Pros: Temporary "numbness" that you can't actually achieve, so you keep taking shots to try
Cons: Every single possible thing

Plus, you'll at some point accept death as a result of your actions.

Really hoping you figure things out.