Planet of the Apes

Anybody here excited for this? I'm a big fan of the originals and have enjoyed the new series of films.

I liked the Franco one and the Oldman one was great.
Who's in this one?

The most recent one wasn't half bad, the ape bits of the film were great and some of the cgi is top tier.

I hear woody Harrelson is playing the antagonist

>these titles
>Wow this truly is The Rise of the Planet of the Apes!
>Oh no it has finally become The Dawn of the Planet of the Apes!
>Grab your rifle son, after all, we're in the middle of The War of Planet of the Apes!

Nice

human work

the originals have similar titles. What exactly is the problem here?

Koba did nothing wrong

>The rise of the dawn of the war of the planet of the apes.
The last two genuinely surprised me with how much I liked them. The monkeys are all better characters than the humans.

Koba did literally everything wrong.

If only Harambe were still alive to witness this.

go away with your reddit memes

HE KILLED ASH YOU MOTHERFUCKER! IN LIKE THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY!!

How could he? His death is what started the war.

Hey guys can I post in this thread too?

A shame the harambe meme didn't happen closer to release.

would have been top tier marketing.

>Thought you could smoke Harambe? Well think again...
>proceed to show CGI harambe holding a pistol sideways

ape fucking shits, they're like ants to me

>The monkeys are all better characters than the humans.

>Commissioner Gordon setting off that bomb and not giving a fuck about the opinions of the other two guys who might not have wanted to be incinerated

He went full retard.

That girl on the left of the poster was my first fap ever. Spilled so much cum for her

He was totally bananas.

I hope you're talking about the monkey Helena Bonham Carter.

Original > Dawn > Rise > Escape > Conquest > Beneath > Tim Burton > Battle

Prove me wrong

Will the film after war finally get to the future ape societies?

The last film showed astronauts on the news.

Sometimes I definitely fapped to her too

I want at least three reasons from you why Battle is worse than the Burton movie.

I'm gonna post this as one of my starting arguments.

Put Escape and Conquest 2nd and 3rd and we'll call it a deal

>the dull drawn out story with no inspiration
>killing off Cornelius
>the actual battle is comprised of like 5 people
>had a higher budget, but the action was somehow lamer than in the original Mad Max

All reasons it's not good, and I can apply half of those arguments to the Burton movie as well. On top of APERAHAM LINCOLN.

I am hype. I love this weird, inconsequential series of blockbusters. They are smarter than they have to be, funner than they seem to be, better acted than they have any right to be, and more unique than others dare to be. Feels like 70s schlockbusters again

I'll cut you a deal. Let's say Battle and the Burton one are equally bad for different reasons.
Deal?

it's 'war FOR the planet of the apes'

I could begrudgingly accept that, though I'd still give more points to Battle simply for continuing the plot and tying the series back to the beginning while Burton's just shit on everything.

But we're really scraping the bottom of the shit barrel either way.

I can't believe they did the same makeup for Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder.

Goat poster

Yeah.
To be honest, I hardly remember either of them, so my opinions would probably be different if I rewatched them.

Saw the last one without subtitles. Amazing experience since the apes take the focus of the story and use sign language. Gorgeous graphics too.

Officially hype.

I think I figured out why the original movies were so great and the Tim Burton remake was such shit.

In the originals, it's set up that it's entirely possible for humans to regressive and apes to become the dominate species. They even go back in time to explain how it happened.

In Burton's abortion, it's all "lol monkee is now human and hueman is monkee xDD"

They really know how to hit those emotional notes, Caesar seeing footage of Franco in Dawn was heartbreaking, not to mention the dread you feel when Koba stops pretending to be retarded and guns down those two hillbillies.

>tfw no good planet of the apes tv series

Having dudes dress up as apes is no longer acceptable in this political climate.

Yeh I can't believe they're as entertaining as they are. Didn't expect rise to be anywhere near as good as it was, and dawn was even better. Ending was hype. When is war releasing?

Thanks, dubsbrother. Hopefully we get a trailer soon

>What will he find out there, Doctor?
>His destiny.

GOd damn I loved Zaius

>During an interview with MTV News in mid-November 2014, Andy Serkis talked about possible sequels: "It might be three films, It could be four. It could be five. Who knows? The journey will continue."

it never ends

I guess they're going for the original series route of making too many movies until they eventually lose steam and die.

I'm definitely looking forward to it. The first two movies were easily some of the best blockbusters of recent years.
I just hope they don't fuck up this third movie cause a good third movie would make the whole trilogy pretty great. Also, the CGI is god-tier everytime.

good thing they're sticking with the same director

Is this still a thing? Do people really care? Do you know how awesome the dude that shot that gorilla must feel? He saved a kid from a literal beast. End of story. That's rad dude

Dude holy shit that middle gorilla has the exact same smug face as the black guy in the bf1 beta main menu screen. Man I wish I had a picture of it

I didn't know that. That's great, definitely a step in the right direction.

It's a Facebook and Twitter meme these days.

Are they going to tie these movies in with the Kong and other monster movie universe?

No, why would they?

These flicks are dogshit

you're dog shit

You know, people make jokes about Tara Reid as a historian being the worst miscasting in recent film history, but honestly

>young Mark Whalburgers as an astronaut

might have her beat.

Rod Serling should have done more scriptwriting for movies.

le dicks out for le harambe XDD
rip in peace XD

He should have shot the fucking kid instead.

Oh please, fuck no. Just make it a trilogy, it'd be perfect. As long as they don't drop the ball on the next one, of course.

>charlie work

>Helena Bonham Carter

Holy fucking shit.
I had no idea. I thought it was Kate Beckinsale.

Fucking Tim Burton jesus fuck you hack

Yay finally some signs this movie exists.
I loved the first two movies of the reboot. I hope this new one is just as good. Should have been out already though DESU. I'm sure most people have forgot about the series. It's pretty under rated

Yea I agree with Caesars character it should be a trilogy. But, I would love a remake of the original movie that would be connected to the reboot. They hinted at it in Rise showing news clips of astronauts being lost in space.

The CGI in Dawn is the best I've ever seen.

The biggest concern I have is that James Cameron took 2 of the 3 writers for his Avatar sequels.

Is there any movie more comfy than the original Planet of the Apes?
I don't know what it is about the script but I could listen to the apes talk all day

I agree with this.

Get off this board immediately

no

>an unusual and important motion picture
based

I fucking loved the first two, pretty much the best sci fi ever. Can't wait for War

I don't see how anyone who has seen the original can possibly be interested in these.

The entire basis for this new series is some retarded screen writer either never saw the original or was actually so stupid he didn't understand the ending.

I once spent 3-4 hours talking solely about Planet of the Apes with my coworker at the movies, (we worked there).

It's supposed to be like full metal jacket but with apes. So I'm hype as shit

Escape is so fucking comfy. It's definitely one of my favorites. I don't know why I like it so much but I do.

The 2nd one was really uninteresting and completely predictable

Et tu, Maurice?
Then fall Caeser.

I really wish they wouldn't have shown that in the trailer. Wouldn't have been as good a moment as "NO!" but it was close.

Based Koba.

Interesting that Cameron once wanted to do a remake that was also a sequel. He wanted to do Planet of the Apes who's timeline was changed after the sequels accelerated the ape revolution.

Yes, I'd love this as well somehow. I'm not sure how it would tie in perfectly because the first ape that spoke in the old movies was named something else. So i don't know, depends on how good the next one is really.

Sure thing. You sure are a bright teenager.

>post yfw when Maurice gets killed in the most horrible way in front of Caesar next movie

First two were quality.

Also, there was a pretty impressive oner in the second movie that everyone completely ignored. Wish I had a webm of it.

Anybody else think it would have been great if Rise had a twist where it turns out that Caesar was actually the offspring of two super-evolved apes from the future who died before he got to know them?

Escape is one of the only movies in the series that's actually fun, for the most part.