So this is the U.S. embassy in Moscow. I know we aren't ""friends"" but is all this protection really necessary...

So this is the U.S. embassy in Moscow. I know we aren't ""friends"" but is all this protection really necessary? Barbed wire, steel doors, and a security guard on the outside of the photo. Like holy shit that seems like Cold War era shit.

Especially compared to the Italian embassy in London, it had no security whatsoever it seemed

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKUSA_Agreement#Onset_of_the_Cold_War_.281950s.E2.80.931960s.29
twitter.com/AnonBabble

around Americans never relax

this is the Russiam Embassy in DC, no where near as bad

Why are you comparing the embassy between USA and Russia and two European allies in NATO?

American diplomats don't want a crazy Russian bydlo throwing a petrol bomb at them

Its not the russian state they are afraid of, its the russians.

Mindless thugs and millenials all thinking the soviet union was hot shit go after them. Shit the majority want to start a nuclear war because most of them don't even know what a nuke is.

Reminder that Americans were caught digging a tunnel underneath Soviet embassy in Washnignton trying to bug it.

When I was in Moscow touring around I checked out every embassy I could find.
Brasil one was by far the most beautiful and chill.

It's Russia. They're basically Africans

>implying that everyone is carrying petrol bombs and throw them around
>that petrol bombs would make significant damage
>that there are many retards who would sacrifice their freedom for a political scandal

Not Italian?

Aggressive animals need to be kept in a cage. Be glad that we allow your presence on our soil at all.

We're much more afraid of them attacking our embassy than they are of us attacking theirs.
Which kind of makes sense. Russia is projecting an image of power and decisive action. Meanwhile we're trying to be the compassionate, thoughtful humanitarians. Kind gets dissonant when you look at the ME but whatever. Point is, it wouldn't be totally out of character for them to seize our embassy, or their people to attack it, if shit hit the fan. But it would be very out of character if the situation was flipped.

why would the Itallian one be the best, they're NATO

>compassionate, thoughtful humanitarians

>Meanwhile we're trying to be the compassionate, thoughtful humanitarians.
This is too much

Americans aren't violent savages though

this is only a slight step above what every other American embassy in Europe looks like in terms of security.

It's about aesthetics, dude

This is the US Embassy in Ottawa.

Kek

I already said that doesn't mesh with our actions abroad you illiterate cykas. Try reading and understanding that it's about image, not reality.

Hmm...

>Americans aren't violent savages
This thread is killing my sides

All US embassies look like this more or less

The actual embassy is beautiful

You said "we're trying to be", not "trying to appear as"

Looks comfy

>2018-1
>not having tyres and petrol jerry cans stored on your balcony

Italian embassies are comfy as fuck.
I once accidentally took one of their parking spaces as I was trying to park in Tel Aviv and some guy came at me and started yelling at me in Italian with all the hand gestures and stuff, but then when he realized I was just there by accident he started trying to help me find some other parking space.

>We are bombing schools and hospitals left and right and our embassies look like fortresses from Mad Max, but on the inside we are compassionate humanitarians.
k, Tyrone

US Embassy in Stockholm. Why do Americans love building fences abroad but not at home?

you'd realize it implied the same thing if you weren't shit at english

American embassy in Berlin. They call it 'the fortress'. You see the car barriers in the front? They actually requested to have the whole street obstructed but it would've been a problem for the fpow of traffic in the city.

>tfw no balcony to store the bike, jerry cans and tires

*We are bombing schools and hospitals left and right and our embassies look like fortresses from Mad Max, but we want to look like we are compassionate humanitarians.
there is literally nothing controversial about what I said, the only controversy here is over whether you're old enough to browse this site.
see

derp

And an old, broken fridge.

It just oozes compassion.

US embassy in UAE.
What the actual fuck?

US embassy is like that everywhere. Even in Dublin they have two marines standing at the door

Why would you need that? To use it as some sort of trashy barricade?

Sri Lanka

The rectangular grey block at the top that is peaking out is the cover for the intercepting and communications antennas.

Well, I'm dumb

Humanitarian af

russians are more dangerous than arabs

why would we spy on an ally, a european one at that? we use the UK to do that

Because your embassy is probably the hub of all the spy shit that you do in Russia. So in case Russians go apeshit (which isn't really an unreasonable assumption), the embassy should be able to hold out long enough for the staff to burn everything they have in paper and nuke all hard drives.

Protection from false flag attacks. Too many terrorists hate America, you don't want to be get bombed right, false flaggers?

A fucking fort in Singapore

The Russian one has two-three floores on the top without windows.

The US has no friends, only interests. You realize every US embassy in the world has a CIA office?

Looks like a goa'uld lord lives there.

lmao

Lol, literally a fortress. Americans never quite figured out the meaning of the word 'diplomacy'.

Even in the fucking Israel it looks like a nuclear bunker.

that really shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone. you think the Soviets didn't have KGB in every embassy during cold war?

Being a superpower means you have enemies, and can't trust "allies" even if a country is "pacifist" you never know if their planning something behind the scenes.

Also I meant it when I said UK does a lot of our spying it's a treaty we have with them.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKUSA_Agreement#Onset_of_the_Cold_War_.281950s.E2.80.931960s.29

In a country thats getting daily rocket attacks its probably a good idea.

I recall that when they bombed Serbia in 1999, some Russian mob boss tried to fire a portable missile launcher at the US embassy.

France has most "a la russe" building

That's actually normal for countries that can afford an intelligence agency

Diplomacy="Lull the enemy into a false sense of security"

t. Russian dictionary of Western concepts

>compassionate, thoughtful humanitarians.
>youuuu

The Swedish embassy in Japan (Tokyo) is pretty neat. No good pictures on google though.

American Embassy in Denmark

I know I really like the look of the American embassy there

>No good pictures on google though.

Well then look harder you FUCKING FAGGOT

so the country that you nuke not once but twice can have a nice embassy but the rest of the world has a fort instead??

Pretty good house the Americans nabbed for themselves.

Only shitholes get forts

:)

What's wrong with a fort?

US embassy in Beijing. Seems a lot less fortified although China isn't really a "friend" of the US either.

They know not to mess around

Oo you got a nice building for yours. Would expect the US to have one on the embassy street, but instead they got a shithole 70' block.

Forgot pic.

pretty sure we keep military around their

This to be perfectly honest

how the fuck is a swedish embassy in copenhagen reasonable nigga just jump on the train like nigga it's right there next to you aha

Likewise

It was in 1995

>aha

Why not.

Laughed IRL

:DDddd

This is the athens one looks like a commie block

American embassy in Helsinki. Now I wonder how Russia's and Sweden's embassies look.

I literally live in front of US embassy. Saint-Pererburg, it's just a plain fucking house on a small street.

>Americans aren't violent savages though
lmaoooo

Russian embassy in Helsinki

Bavarian representation to the EU. They call it 'little castle'. It's literally 50 away from the entrance of the European Parliament, kek, so prime real estate.

No it's not. Literally every country has some kind of intelligence agency. It's not indicative of money but rather function and setup, Australia has 6 yet Argentina has 17, and neither of these countries have any offices for them in any of their embassies.

Swedish embassy in Helsinki

japanese here

>that doesn't mesh with our actions abroad
It doesn't mesh with your domestic actions either.

Lol, does it still have the Soviet iconography on it like that?

Do you live in one of these buildings?

bahah

yes my comrade nice embassy

Take a guess at which side most of the Americans in that building are situated in.

Kek.

The Canadian Embassy in Moscow is literally just a random building.

Yes.

Indeed it does

Why change something when nothing has changed :^)

In a country that is launching rockets daily*

Us Embassy in Canberra is cute, looks like they constructed in the style of their early colonial buildings from the East Coast.

Which one? I might visit when I go to Petrograd