What are some albums that have disappointed you, mu?

What are some albums that have disappointed you, mu?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
youtube.com/watch?v=Lveqodcepjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For the most part, this felt like a slap in the fucking face.

cant kill whats dead
but...

the gerogerigegege is a great track but the rest fuckin sucks

rest in piece gorillaz

Should've been way more rapping and breakcore and the not an 8 minute instrumental in the middle of the album. If it had at least 3-5 more pure full rap songs (2+ minutes) it would easily be my AOTY.

Goddamn, this shit.
Absolutely terrible, fuck you, Albarn.

This finished him off for good.
You can't deny that he's a fucking joke anymore now.

it gets worse every listen. it's not terrible, but it's not very good

i'm actually glad because i jumped off the train before he was exposed as the industry plant he is.

Her music, specifically the vocals, went from self conscious and reserved to full retard.
Example 1.
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
Example 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=Lveqodcepjs

>see post
>see question
>immediately think Crack-Up
>click post
>it's the first reply
hmmm

Remember when the Fleet Foxes had melodies? I think the singer guy is in love with his own voice.

Pretty much everything Frank Zappa's ever done
Even the stuff that's really good is so overhyped it makes it very hard to enjoy. Also his music would be much better if his lyrics didn't suck so hard. I usually don't care about lyrics but his are so obnoxious and terrible it bothers the shit out of me.
Same with any Death Grips album. The tracks behind MC Rides screaming are so boring and soft, and I hate that a band that pretty much consists of a vocalist and a drummer use electronic drums on most of their albums. The music is fucking garbage.
Loveless as well. One great song followed by filler.
ITAOTS is another. The album is pretty generic. I can't understand how people think it's one of the greatest albums ever.

Fucking WHY

I pretty much saw it coming with the endless name changes and delays, but it really confirmed that kanye will never make music like he used to again

no more parties in LA made me hopeful

Why does it sound the same as their old album?

Everything about the album is just off. It's like instead of fully writing a song out he just decided to disjoint everything for his own satisfaction. Disjointing the elements of an album is not necessarily a bad move but in this instance the album is just a huge fucking mess.

this probably isn't bait but other people here are gonna think it is cause "muh Sup Forumscore"

Every album ever.

Nothing is as good as we expect.

it 100% isn't bait. I was genuinely disappointed in all of these.

Deltron 3030's Event II.

They let Damon have too big of a say.

Bjork - Medulla

Fuck. I paid good money for that shit.

Ti Amo by Phoenix.

I can still kinda enjoy it, but it comes nowhere near Bankrupt! which was a big ol' let down.

>loveless has one great song and the rest is filler
uhhh, even if you're just trying to be contrarian this is fucking stupid to say.
when you sleep and sometimes are both 10/10.
and fucking kek @ itaots being generic.
it's not even one of my favorite albums, but the album pretty much makes it a point to not be that, both musically and thematically in comparison to actually generic albums.

Anyone who denies Only Shallow is the best and most memorable track on the album is straight up lying. I don't care if you love the album as a whole, you can't deny that it starts off with the best track.
ITAOTS is generic musically. Lyrically it's beautiful, but the album sounds like pretty much any other indie folk/pop punk band. Oh Comely is a great track but shit like King of Carrot Flowers and Holland 1945 are about as generic as they come. If you deny this then you just haven't listened to enough music.

I probably should have expected this, as most post-reunion stuff is never very good for most bands, but this one had me for a while before the magic wore off.

I should see Memphis is song of the year tho

According to your plebass sensibilities it is.

no it's not.
how is it more memorable than when you sleep?
you really think itaots is as generic as the other terrible albums within it's genre??

Love that album to bits

>autism now

every. single. one.

just fucking awful

The new Chelsea Wolfe, desu senpai.

What?

Skin by Flume. His previous album was great and the singles leading up to it showed promise. Instead it was generic EDM album #5774

my favorite neige project desu

just wait a little while. that how fleet foxes albums work

None because I'm not an entitled prick.

DAE like it when bands continue long after their prime? All albums after the good ones are basically bonus tracks

i was just about to post this too

it was like that second wind he got with MBDTF was all for naught, this album was supposed to cement him as someone who could be the GOAT but now he's just a scrub who did some experimental bullshit that wasn't even experimental. this was probably his least cutting-edge album, it was just like a lot of the other shit to come out in 2016

First song sets the bar too high for the rest of the album.

I fucking hate Art Angels in comparison to her previous albums. In that context it turns an average album into her absolute worst.

I didn't think this was as good as people have claimed.

Do, Re, and Me is the only good song.

>pleb detected
She sounds great on both versions. If she never released the demo version you plebs would praise the album version like it's the second coming of Jesus.

Soon is the best track. Why people ignore it so much? Just because it's the closer?

>hipster detected
Embrace pop music and you'll see AA's appeal.

I don't mind pop music, it just wasn't GOOD pop music.

Anyone who thinks Only Shallow is the best track probably doesn't even like the album, or shoegaze in general.

Really? I thought that AA is amazing pop music. It's really well done and catchy as fuck. You just hate it because Grimes didn't make a sad album.

>You only like me when you think I'm looking sad
>I didn't think you'd end up treating me so bad

Was strictly pretty good on first listen, has gotten worse (yes, even 'STARLESS'! Live versions with David Cross were better) with every consecutive listen

No you're really just projecting. I just didn't like it as a whole, I like SOME songs on it, sure. It's average in my eyes, in contrast to her other work which Ive enjoyed more, I tend to dislike it.

It's not rocket science.

Why do you think it wasn't good pop music? What are its flaws? What prevents you from enjoying this masterpiece?

huh

Look, I'll be fair to it in future because I want to go back to it more to see if it gets better. I tend to want pop to be catchy and enjoyable on repeat.

Flesh without Blood, Kill V. Maim, California, I think are good lyrically and beat-wise. For the most part the rest was just kinda boring and forgettable. It didn't leave much of an impact on me at all and even at 49 mins the album is somehow a bit of a drag.

A masterpiece is a master stretch though.

The whole album is basically David Gold whining and stewing in his own narcissistic self centered depression. Never once is there a break from this self pitying woe is me horseshit, and the album just plods along, begging to end but it's a fucking hour before it's allowed to die.

>I tend to want pop to be catchy and enjoyable on repeat.
AA has truckloads of that. You really should give this album more chances.
>A masterpiece is a master stretch though.
Not when you get its appeal.

Biggest disappointment in recent memory.