What was the purpose of this scene?

What was the purpose of this scene?

it shows what superman does (save lives) and how he's viewed by both regular citizens and the media.

that looks like a sunken ship, who is he saving

there are people on the ship, you can see them in the top left corner

But the boat is clearly corroded.

How Superman is seen as messiah-like and how that in itself is the cross or burden he bears.

It's a comic book reference

It's meant to show the drudgery of being a superhero and also Superman is balding.

I think the real question worth asking here, is how that chain is strong enough to drag that bitch.

Damn he really is in that scene

TACTILE TELEKINESIS NIGGA
I AIN'T GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT

I always thought it was a wreck too, but he's right those are people. More importantly what's Superman's aim by slowly dragging the ship across the Arctic circle. Is he just going to leave them there?

Why doesn't he just pick the fucking boat up and fly with it?

>dat hairline

subtle

This.
It would be faster to fly them out one by one, or stick a bunch in a lifeboat and fly that out.

>that's actually a wreck
>those are actually bodies that got frozen in place awaiting rescue
>he's actually dragging it as penance for not saving their lives
KINO
I
N
O

Look at the top of his head! BWAAAAHHHAHAHA

w-w-wut?

there are so many wrong things in that picture that I'm just appalled and reactionless

Jesus christ, who the fuck wrote that?

>G-d's anal beads

Someone who knows that Superman is a character meant for children.

SILVER AGE
I
L
V
E
R

A
G
E

i think its just the lighting

It's not like they can repaint frequently up in the arctic circle.

what are those chains made of?
adamantium?

No, boygeorgeium

I would imagine a chain for the anchor would be strong enough.

It would get ripped out of its housing though, it's purpose was never to hold the weight of an entire ship.

Maybe superman welded in some reinforcement with his laser eyes

Superman = jesus
Mankind = his cross to bear
The ship = the cross

Not that hard.

Um, isn't that its entire purpose?

No, it holds a ship stationary at sea. It never has to support the ship's weight.

>the ground rules I just filed with the agency list only one of you
>first one to talk gets to have some of my water

wallpaper superman is superior

Thanks reddit

This must have been the weirdest rescue imaginable, the ships sinking or something, Clark appears tips it on it's side, doesn't bother to get the crew to safety, performs some impromptu eye welding on the anchor chain, before finally proceeding to drag an entire ship for miles across an ice sheet that's only a few feet thick, with the nearest civilization is at least a few days away.
>Good Job superman!

Not really, when it's doing anchor things it's only fighting against the ship's bouyancy, rather than the full actual weight of the ship.

Superdickery makes me so happy.

This is the essential aspect of the character that they neglected. That Superman treats humanity like they're silly children, and while he does sincerely love them like a father loves his children, he also fucks with them playfully for his own amusement.

>that chain
>dragging a boat weighing probably 10 million pounds along the ice

>anchor things

Goddammit why am I laughing at this?

Superman shouldn't be solving the worlds problems with this immense weight on this shoulders and dour persona. He should face all of his struggles with whimsy, with a smug little smile on his face and a relaxed demeanor like he's lightly amused by what's happening, even though it's horrific to everyone else.

>Superman will never move a bunch of planets into a stable orbit in our solar system's habitable zone

These were like clickbait covers, right?
Right?

His primary conflict as a character should be his struggle to keep himself amused with his infinite power.

The best part is there's only like 10 people on the boat. He could've just had them get in a lifeboat and flown the lifeboat to somewhere not fucking frozen.

Also, the even better point isn't how the chain is somehow, magically, pulling a ten thousand tons, it's the ice beneath superman's feet is also standing up to as much force supes is exerting to pull the boat.

it's a scene that women and marveldrones will have difficulty and a bit of a mental challenge to properly digest