For those who don't know yet...

For those who don't know yet, Criterion Collection will be leaving Hulu for a partnership with the upcoming steaming service FilmStruck, which is due to come out this fall.

filmstruck.com/

>"Instant access to critically acclaimed films, hard to find gems and cult favorites from the world's greatest independent film libraries."

Finally we'll be getting a streaming service dedicated to kino!

Stop shilling this shit. This is retarded.

Criterion is one of the few companies that i actual purchase physical media for.

Neat that they're seceding from the crapfest that is Hulu though

So instead of getting criterion along with tons of modern movies and tv shows we only get criterion and still have to pay monthly?

Why is this a good thing?

/thread

>Andrei Rublev and Stalker both have Criterion HD transfers on Filmstruck
>Not announced for Blu Ray in December today
LITERALLY WHAT THE FUCK WHY

But fandor already exists OP.

you get criterion + TCM, so its not criterion exclusive
it's a good thing because it's a shitload of great movies. It's not supposed to replace netflix; it's supposed to be it's own thing

for the price of 3 criterion blu rays a year you can have streaming access to the entire collection and then some

No retard, you get Criterions alongside other cult films, hard to dind films, etc.

This.

Would make more sense if they did a deal like showtime did with Amazon...

how do you know this? is there a list of what's coming to filmstruck or something?

I wonder if Turner got the streaming rights to star wars when they bought the cable rights yesterday. If this thing launches with Criterion and Star Wars they'll be set

That would be a pretty big insult to throw in Star Wars with the Criterion Collection. That's like ordering a salad but only if you get a free big mac with it.

>Andrei Rublev
is it better than the current blu-ray?

I've had like 20+ Criterion movies on my watchlist for over a year at least. I don't know if i'd buy a another additional service just for their movies.

What are the top must see Criterion movies on Hulu that I should I see before theyre gone?

>only 20.99 a month!
jesus user

Tin Drum
Thin Red Line
Battle of Algiers

Are three that come to my head as one you need to watch without looking at the full list.

Fuck off, no pricing announced yet.

They are asking for 21 dollars a month?

That less then I pay for Netflix AND amazon.

Yeah thanks dude, it was announced months ago. Make a thread when there's new information.

*that MORE ...not less.

Hulu has the perfect combo of tons of great criterion movies and hundreds of anime. Not sure it's worth it with one or the other missing.

Does Hulu still make you watch ads after paying?

possibly, yes
posts on PTP lead me to Criterion Forums. Filmstruck currently is running a beta; some people can see everything streaming and actually watch it

You have to shekel up if you want ad free

I thought getting all criterion is going to be extra, the regular filmstruck will be rotating like a way bigger mubi.

never ads on movies

>Hulu will no longer carry quality Criterion kinos like Premiers Desirs
sad day to be Hulu

it will be expensive though. One criterion dvd costs more than that

But if they're doing it themselves it's probably cheaper for them then having to buy the rights from other companies in order to stream their movies.

Criterion is ending their deal with Hulu

what are the hottest criterion films? asking because I get them for free through kanopy with school

aiming for $9.99/month

nobody will pay more than that

No, the impression is that the TCM and other boutique label content will rotate like Mubi or hopefully Netflix for longer stays. Criterion is the main stuff

Yeah I read the op. I'll probably unsub and just torrent again