65 days clean from crack cocaine, bored as fuck and it's all I think about...

65 days clean from crack cocaine, bored as fuck and it's all I think about. Really wanting to smoke today since I have some cash but I made it this far and don't want to ruin my streak.
Any tips from any ex crack smokers would be appreciated,
When will I stop thinking about it constantly?

This is me at 45 days clean

Shia?

Will post some ladies

Lol no

You need a hobby mate. What do you like to do?

Well before I traded away my laptop for rock I played runescape 24/7.
I also skateboard, but where I am right now is shit for skating
The only thing I've been getting back into hard is dirtbiking I have a sick bike it's the only thing left I didn't sell

But the crack thoughts always return it's worst late at night or when I'm bored in the afternoon

Did you discuss this with a professional when you got clean? How you should deal with the boredom? It's great that you have your dirtbike. A thing that helped me was art. You could pick up writing or drawing, and every time you get bored in the afternoons, start a piece. Artistic expression is great, because it engages different pathways in your brain than is usually active.

Congratulations on 65 days! That is HUGE my brother. I am also a drug addict, but I have been clean now for almost 21 months. My drug of choice was heroin but you could put literally anything in front of me and I will use it until it becomes a problem. Anyway, what worked for me and countless others like is going to Narcotics Anonymous meetings. I know plenty of recovering crackheads, dopefiends, and speedfreaks who collectively have CENTURIES clean from all drugs. I can't begin to describe the gratitude I feel every fucking day to be free from active addiction. To answer your question, everybody's different. It usually depends on how much you used and for how long. For me, the obsession to use lasted 4-5 months. I remember the first day I made until 10 am without thinking about getting high. That was a MIRACLE. Then I found I was making to noon, then 2 o'clock, then 4, then 6. Now, I have entire days where the thought of getting high doesn't even enter my brain. I never thought I could experience that.

[cont.]

Again, user, everyone's different. I can't say for sure that NA will work for you, but I can say for sure that it's working or me, just a day at a time. Before the walls go up, before you start with (as I did) all the "oh that's just a brain washing program" or "oh it's like church and I don't believe in god so it won't work for me", just give a shot. Hearing that it's like brainwashing is one of my favorite excuses because, I don't know about you, but when I first got clean my brain was FUCKING DIRTY and could use a little lather rinse repeat. As far as the whole "G" word goes, it says in our opening readings that NA is a spiritual, NOT religious program. There's even a pamphlet that addresses this called "Atheists in NA". Another great excuse I hear often is that "won't sitting around talking about drugs make me want to get high?" The answer is no. Our meetings are based more on recovery than addiction. We share experience, strength, and hope. Just fucking try it.

Our only promise is freedom from active addiction. Our message is simple: an addict, ANY addict, can stop using drugs, lose the desire to use, and find a new way to live.

You deserve this opportunity user. When you come to the rooms you will find nothing but unconditional love and support of people JUST LIKE YOU. The therapeutic value of one addict helping another is without parallel. It's my responsibility when I see someone reaching out, to try my best to help them, because that's exactly what people have done for me.

All you have to do is google search "NA meetings near me" and GO. That's it. Bring your body and your mind will follow. You will feel better. You will stop obsessing about using. Just give yourself a chance.

Smoke some crack faggot.

5 days without coke. Hopefully I can make it a month. Shit is wrecking my brain.

Lmao I'm quitting weed cigarettes I'm 72 hrs in without smoking anything and I have a stomach ache now, thinking of just buying some weed to negate the stomach ache

Me too. Same. Shit sucks.

I recently quit smoking meth. I don't even miss the shit. After I did it a bit there wasn't really any pleasure to it. It did give me energy and keep me up for days at a time of course, but no real high. Just endlessly smoking it and thinking/saying/doing crazy shit. One of the last times I did it was with my friend. We stood in his yard out in the middle of nowhere, watching an army of shadow people walking around all over the place. Some of them didn't even look human. Oh and we managed to move an old, broken refrigerator off his truck and into his house somehow too, except we have no fucking clue where the thing even came from, or why he would have wanted it in his house.

My gf is having more trouble with kicking it than me, but she was to the point where she was shooting it. I'm trying to get her to go to rehab, which was actually her own idea initially anyway.

I've been thinking. About NA for a while, I used to go to AA weekly when I was drinking heavy. Il definitely check out NA this week because lots of people have told me similar things to what you just said. Thanks a lot man. Does life ever really get better though dude? Sometimes I just feel like going back to the street and smoking until I die because I literally forget how painful it was after about 10 days clean. I need to constantly remind myself of the pain of cocaine psychosis. I become a literal paranoid schizophrenic when I smoke.

Fucking shadow people bro, I also get the whispers really bad where I hear people whispering at me from behind things

Me (op) irl lol

20 days clean after 7 years of smoking weed erry day

sober life sucks but keeping it strong

I don't think I ever heard whispering, but I do hear what sounds like a radio that's just off station--like a mix of inaudible talking and static--playing really low. I always thought this was tinnitus though. It happened to me whenever I got really tired for years. Even before I started messing with Adderall and meth. It's just that Adderall and meth are guaranteed ways to make it kick in, and they make it worse than usual.

Speaking of Adderall, don't anyone here let anyone fool you into thinking it's not a 'real' drug. Imo that shit is a much better high than meth. It's just that the crash is much more hellish, and it dehydrates the fuck out of you way worse. At least in my experience. With meth I just feel exhausted and talk out of my head. With the Adderall crash I literally feel like I'm in hell.

Was smoking weed becomingn a problem? What were some of the challenges you faced with weed addiction? Lots of people are ignorant and think it's completely harmless but it actually is addictive

I'm dead

Yah I'm never gonna try adderal my combo is about 15 beer then I end up at the crack house trading away everything I can steal from my mom. One time she was outside yelling my name while I was smoking with all these spooky nigs and I thought it was just my psychosis but it was actually her lol

You may be baiting here, but honestly I had more difficulty giving up weed than coke.

YES! Life gets soooo much better! At least for me it did. It's hard to even describe. It didn't happen all at once. But after a while I noticed things in my life; my family trusting me, being able to keep a job, being promoted in that job, going back to school, saving money (holy shit saving so much money). And when bad times hit, because they will, you will have the tools to be able to handle it. You'll be able to reach out, to go to meeting, to call someone. You will find someone who has been there and who has gotten through it clean.

And I know exactly what you mean when you say you forget how painful it was. An addict's brain is like that. We only want to remember the good times. That's another reason I still go to meetings. Because when someone walks in and they're sick, shaking, dead stare, it reminds of exactly where I DON'T want to be ever the fuck again. I tried many MANY times to use successfully. Like "maybe if I only use this much" or "I'll only smoke weed" or "I'll only do dope on the weekend" or "maybe just pills" blah blah blah. I learned through trial and error that I cannot use successfully. And I learned in meetings that I can NOT USE successfully as well.

You don't ever have to feel like this again. Just please take my advice. Make a meeting, today. Introduce yourself, get a keytag, a hug, some phonenumbers, but most importantly just show up. It's simple.

Buy some weed and drink some coffee. Normal is as normal does. Having a mid grade joint and a cup of coffee for breakfast is how I kicked Adderall. Which I was on well into my 30's. ADHD.

The mental part is easy to beat, the physical withdrawal if it's like Adderall will last a week or two and you can treat them with weed and caffeine. Even if you're on weed and caffeine for the rest of your life, it's weed and coffee. Completely socially acceptable.

lungs started to hurt, gums bleeding all the time

used to smoke between 10~20gr a day