Law & Order: Special Victim's Unit Season 18

Anyone else excited for SVU Season 18, or is Sup Forums as a whole turned off to the series as a result of the gamergate episode or because Danny Pino left the cast?

I hear Joe Biden is going to guest star on the first episode (pastebin.com/C9ymZrR1) and that Elliot Stabler might make an appearance at some point, though those rumors are unfounded and largely speculatory.

Thoughts, hype, comments, etc? SVU general thread?

Would anyone really drop it over Amaro? He was pretty lame. Carisi best newcomer.

I dunno, I liked Amaro. Never was a good as Stabler, but I'm just wondering who's going to fill his role.

Just started Season 17, is there anyone who is going to act as his replacement?

Also, praying for more Dann Florek.

Polite bump.

Anyone?

I stopped caring about SVU the moment they stopped making it in the classic format and made it far more drama focused
Same with the original series

>Watching Olivia: The Show in 2016.

Fuck that, at least in the original every character was important unlike this show with glorified sub characters.

pretty much majority of male population dropped this show after stabler left, Ice-t is alright but he needed some to go off against like Munch, and darker setting and stories were just better. Its basically like a USA show now with brightly colored bleh

>Joe Biden is going to guest star on the first episode

It's funny, because he has definitely raped a child.

GO HOME GAMER GIRL

I dropped it once Stabler left.

Let's build upon that.

Do you think Dick Wolf will place a bigger role on the other characters, like Fin or Rollins? The recent addition of Barba to the main cast was welcome, but I would be remiss if I said I don't miss Huwang and Warner.

I've been enjoying the recent episodes lately, but yes, Benson's focus has been distracting, and I still miss Stabler's involvement. I hope some equilibrium can be struck.

neat. i like this show

Who here pumped for Power Rangers: Special Victims Unit

No Munch?

DROPPED!

When Stabler was there they played the dinamic that has worked so well for the series, but after he left the lack of a second focus character killed any of the charm it had.

Its still good but its just not the same.

I saw Munch in Season 16, I think, but I just got into 17, so I'm not sure of his involvement.

I really hope that when the series wraps up and the finale is announced, the entire cast is brought back for one or two big cases. Maybe involving Stabler dying a martyr.

I agree. I wish Benson got a competent partner from a TV standpoint, and that Cragin stayed as Captain instead of giving Benson the role. She commanding officer is in such stark contrast to Cragin, who was rarely in the field (but when he was, he was amazing).

I agree the group dynamic is breaking, but thanks to Mariska and Ice-T, I think the show's going to last for at least a few more seasons. Maybe even overstaying its welcome.

That said, after I finish season 17, I intend to rewatch the seasons involving Stabler since his character dynamic was so rich, and that's what drew me to the show in the first place.

I guess I still watch it because of Mariska and Ice-T, since I grew up watching the series, and I want to see where it goes, even if my enthusiasm as a whole has waned somewhat.

No I'm turned off to the series because best character left.

>I dropped it once Stabler left.
this is the only correct answer

Stabler, I assume?

I keep having hope he'll make an appearance later on, but I think it's like waiting for the return of Christ at this point.

Okay, so, what would you want to see from the producers that would bring you back to watching the show?

>hard mode: no mention of Elliot Stabler

I'm still enjoying it, but honestly, less focus on Benson.

One of the qt ADAs coming back alongside based Barba. Elliot returning as a vigilante.

>It's a right out of the news episode
>frat due/chad has sex with a drunken girl behind a dumpster. But was it consensual?

SVU was always shit. Anyone who bothers watching a full episode is a pleb.

Stabler goes private detective and they bring him in for a consult and he gets messed up in something and it resolves some of the left over issues between stabler/benson

not sure what else, maybe cameos by other detectives that are gone, but honestly that is more final season stuff

I dont know if he would come back though honestly, that remark that they gave to benson towards her mexican partner about stabler not being that important is kind of a slap in the face thing to put in your show which means they're aware they lost a part of their fanbase when stabler left but still, shitty to do

isnt biden a pedo

>It's an "Olivia claims all boys are rapists because they don't know better" while Barba makes incredulous faces in the background

Seriously, that fucking episode was shit.

Alex Cabot was an incompetent alcoholic (just like me) and caused more problems than she needed to.

Does anyone watch the chicago pd cross over episodes? It makes it a little harder to understand because I don't know what the full situation is

>>It's an "Olivia claims all boys are rapists because they don't know better"
Get the fuck out of here? Benson actually said that.

Also:
>It's a one cast member gives a specific statistic while ignoring others episode.

You watch your mouth about my waifu.

>It's a one cast member gives a specific statistic while ignoring others episode.
Welcome to TV drama.

What did she mean by that?

Pretty much. The episode is about a teenage girl who goes to a local makeout/sex area with a popular classmate, and it's basically established he tried to finger her, she says she told him "don't go down there", he says he didn't understand it and still did it for a while before they went their separated ways. He lies to his friends about having sex with her to impress them, and her parents find out and essentially goad her into accusing him of rape. A lenghty trial ensues, in which the boy is cleared of almost all charges, but still gets registered as a sex offender. Throughout the entire episode, Benson is out for his blood and at one point tells Barba the country needs new consent laws because teenage boys just can't help themselves to raping because they don't understand consent rules.

Episode ends with the two teens apologizing to each other while their respective parents accuse each other kids of being a rapist and a whore, whole Olivia does one of those "the world sucks, doesn't it?" expressions.

>It's a "Olivia acts like this but still refuses to even try to help a teenage boy whose life was ruined after he was raped by deceit as part of a school prank because the the jury would never rule in his favor"

more like Law & Order: SJW ammirite

I don't think I've watched this shit since season 1. and only because I was having homicide:LOTS withdrawal

>it's a Officer Tutuola episode
>Finn tells what he did undercover