Albums that blew your fucking mind at first listen

albums that blew your fucking mind at first listen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAo4svd7IR4&t=268s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally 0

All my absolute favorite albums were slow growers before they became my favorite.

And the albums that are below my favorites didn't quite blow my mind even if I really enjoy them

gonna listen to this
what should i expect?

expect... nothing. it'll sound familiar, but it is new

ever hear something that makes you feel numb?

Yes dude I know the feeling. Out-Bloody-Rageous made me feel warm and fuzzy all over and then I fell asleep.

i was a teen...

one of the most amazing closing tracks.
hearing it i was just getting goosebumps.
had no clue how somone could make something like it 40 something years ago.

This album is fucking incredible

possibly the most perfect form of shoegaze... nothing else has such a wall of sound!

I love this album so much and will be posting it everywhere for as long as I can. Honestly, listening to this album was a life-changing event for me.

>for as long as I can
Is this code for summer ending and your imminent return to school.

i was late to the party on this one, discovered it earlier this year

code for however long the internet lasts

I'm not in school boiiiiiiiiiii

SUPER cool cover

How old are you?

19, 20 before the year's over tho

>listening to this album was a life-changing event for me

then kill yourself. mmmkay?

I know it's right up there with Loveless and Slowdive
It's totally perfect in its own unique way

yes, do kill yourself.

Care to explain why?

Great album

The first minute and a half of the title track is legitimately one of my favorite moments in music.

Beautiful indie rock with a shoegazey vibe.

kick the tragedy is absolutely fucking amazing... just beautiful.

Glad to see this album getting some recognition here
Pretty much what this guy said

Made me respect the fuck out of Homme, same with his Kyuss work.

I had some of my nicest headphones on and I had just gotten it on CD when it came out.
>Nice

this guy gets the mood

It's a 10 for me

sexiest music i've ever heard.

i got birth of a new day on vinyl and its not the best pressing, but still one of the dreamiest albums ive ever heard!

'Angel' is seriously one of the best shoegaze tracks ever made.

Hey Brian.

It's on my to listen to list

This took me a few listens to really love it, I was about 16 when I started listening to Radiohead.
>mfw time is going too fast

youtube.com/watch?v=KAo4svd7IR4&t=268s

if you kill yourself before 20 you will actually be fulfilling the greatest possible role a man can aspire for.

Go ahead, be a man and take your destiny in your own hands

i prefer their first album! the blue one

Groove. I can't promise that you'll feel the same way about it as I do, but it's definitely a good album either way.

A serious answer tho?

OP here, just wanna say im not a big fan of phoenix. but like, fuck, man let the guy love his music? jesus

he said phoenix - bankrupt was mindblowing, and specifically stated he was 19, ABOUT to turn 20.

let me do my job here and stay out of the way

i wept tears of bliss

Far exceeded my expectations with nearly every song. I felt actually terrified when Waking The Witch came on.

>Waking The Witch
I will never forget my first time hearing that. Fucking incredible.

Album name?

Same.

I liked Psychocandy but when I heard this, it changed everything. I have no idea why MBV is circlejerked on this sub more than Jesus and Mary Chain when the JMC are objectively better. Fucking incredible album.

is it me or does the start of the first track sound a LOT like the first track on loveless

I don't even like Metal but this is one of my favourite albums, so many good riffs and moments that build up.

I learned about Built to Spill from Piero Scaruffi. Randy Described Eternity was cool, but I Would Hurt A Fly fucked me up.

ESSO ESSO ESSAOI SO SO

it still blows my fucking mind what a masterpiece

loved this one immediately too

Starless completely blew my fucking mind

on GOD i had an Out of Body Experience when i first listened to this

god I love the melodies in this album

Literally this

Want to play EarthBound whenever I hear this record. Not sure if it was an influence for the soundtrack, but I'd be damned if it wasn't; or Mort Garson's work in general.

Every song they make sounds the same

algernon cadwallder

I heard this was a grunge influence.
But what I found was something far more.

I only had 4 tracks from this originally (limewire days).
But then I had to find the album.

Listening to the first track.
The fuck?
This seems controversial.

i dont care bitch nigga

I have severe ADHD, and when I first listened to this record I was able to pick up on the lyrics and understand a good part of them, which is something I've always found difficult even with years of repeated listens to favorite albums. When I heard Pink Moon I recognized how almost every one of my favorite Musicians emulated some part of his musical and lyrical approach

This album is very good, but a couple of the songs turned me off: made the whole listen through a bit inconsistent. But I can understand how many would respond in this way.
Yes yes yes! I had the same reaction on listens first, second, third etc.
Classical Curves is one of the most formative albums to my current my music taste.
I think I found it on a Sup Forums sharethread not long after I started visiting the website.
This album's eccentricities only ever seemed to translate laterally; the production style HEAVILY influenced other artists he shared the Night Slugs label with.

*yawns*
another Loveless clone

Madvillany blew my mind when I first listened to it. These days I don't consider it to be a masterpiece but I still love it.

fug came to post this. Hounds Of Love half is pure elation and just about the best five song streak i can think of and The Ninth Wave still blows my mind, every time i listen i hear some new sound, instrument or voice that's been layered in.
>"LOOK WHO'S HERE TO SEE YOU"

The logical conclusion to music.

I listened to this pretty drunk earlier this year and it might have been the most pleasure I've ever felt while listening to music.

Your job is to be an insufferable cunt? I mean I don't like the album either but let the guy like his shit

This. They irritate the shit out of my wife (oldfag here) but love this album

This, start to finish is quite a ride.

>i nailed jesus to the cross

PEPSI

DESTROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

its the first 2814 album!

seriously the ninth wave is an emotional ride.
best pop album ever made!

I was 8.

The entire Radiohead discography.
I was young and naive, I wish I could go back

Good picks