How I keep my base drum and high hat from sliding on my concrete garage floor while using the pedals...

How I keep my base drum and high hat from sliding on my concrete garage floor while using the pedals? It's pissing me off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-zmLzLHWa5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Little bit of carpet or a rug

Get a rug.
You should know this.

Blankets work in a pinch

I mean, damn. Isn't that obvious??

No one's going to ream him for typing "base"?

Ok I meant without a rug, household items. I need a quick fix here.

the thread your looking for is /diy/

Here's another entry level drummer question for you to make fun of me for; how do I get the distance between the high hats just right?

Put heavy objects in front of the feet of the stand/bass drum

jeez how stupid are you

Personal preference, just fuck with it til you like the sound.

Yo OP, your base is ghay bc you bass is shit. You ain't got no carpet on that mother then you ain worth jammin with brah.

Lol that fucks with the sound too much though. I'm trying to play with a couple guys right now.

Towels

Depends on your arm length, tardo.

Not a bad idea, thanks

place special foam carpet or regular carpet
or kill yourself, works as well

The only method that won't mess with your sound much is the aforementioned carpet/rug/literally anything that doesn't slip on the floor and can go under the kit method.

every drummer knows that a rug is mandatory for the bass drum

Jesus Christ, I meant the distance between the two high hats, not the distance between me and them. 4/10 bait made me reply

I don't think the length of his arm is going to affect how far apart the two hi-hat cymbals should be from each other.

Hot glue a chunk of carpet to the garage floor where the drum legs land. Wow, no comment.

I meant a quick fix without a rug or carpet. So far towels is the best idea

He doesn't have/want a rug

that's purely subjective, when i used to play, i would prefer nothing more than an inch, but that was specifically tailorded to how i grooved with it

Thanks. Out of curiosity, what style did you play?

You are allowed to think. But you are also allowed to get it right. The interface is between you and the drum kit, not between each component and itself.

This guy.

go into a thrift store or just wander around your city towards some bin where stuff is donated for the poor or whatever, i have a friend who found a rug this way while we were drunk walking our ways back from a party during a night years ago

To get the best possible sound, buy a few pieces of sod, put the sod on your garage floor. Now put the drums right behind the sod, it keeps it from moving.

prog metal/fusion

personally, i don't think it should be that high for any style of playing, just get your way around ways of making open hi hat strokes that stays on the click with a nice timbre

HE DOESNT HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, HE'S PLAYING FOR A SOLD OUT STADIUM RIGHT NOW GUYS

Op here with another dumb question. The elastic ish band holding the snare piece to the bottom of the drum snapped. Any recommendations on what to tie it back down with? Besides buying a whole new snare piece.

>Base drum

>Base
Everyone is just going to if or the fact that this faggots doesn't actually play drums?

not OP but stfu, if the dude we aren't all omnipotent and omniscient, asking questions is always helpful and helps people to better themselves so just stop being an edgy dipshit and contribute or keep it quiet

I typed this in a hurry, alright. Ya got me, I'm a moron.

Shoelace.

NEXT

OH FUCK SOMEONES JIMMIES ARE RUSTLING

look up how pros set up their snares/drums, especially those that you like how their's sounds like

He's saying base like the deep music part not like Ace of Bass retard

I've tried that, it's not snug enough though. Too much of a gap between snare and drum.

nah dumbass, he meant the bass drum, or how oblivious people call it: the kick drum

that one piece of the kit that's bigger than the rest that you hit with a pedal or double pedal

Man, you guys are fucking my shit up. Still helpful though.

youtube.com/watch?v=-zmLzLHWa5k

found this for you, hope it helps

Maybe do something right and stop trying to nig rig your kit. If something breaks replace it with the right part and then don't try to straighten the snare wires next time you tighten them.

Thanks sir

The only reason anyone would come to Sup Forums for help instead of googling easy to find answers is if they didn't actually need help or they just wanted to see what we would say. Don't act surprised that we fucked with you. You knew what was coming when you typed your first post.

A rug would be better but a towel is cheaper

Adjust them until they're at the distance apart that you like.

Bot a rug and cinder blocks

You need something like this!

Tie them around your chair.

Haha fell for it