What are some good pleb filters?

What are some good pleb filters?

if you enjoyed rumblefish, you're a pleb

People needing validation and guidance by starting tedious pleb filter threads are insecure in their knowledge and need someone to explain to them what is of value and what isn't because they are incapable of analysing films themselves and need to work from a prescribed list of what films you should like if you are knowledgeable and therefore are the plebbiest plebs that ever did pleb.

birth of a nation

Snowpiercer
Children of Men
Bone Tomahawk

The first two are the ultimate underaged faggot pseudo-intellectual wannabe-afficionado detectors, the latter is just a plodding, cheap, lazy attempt at a western. If you enjoy any of these, you should really hang yourself. They all had embarassing dialogue and were riddled with unforgivable cliche that you can spot from a mile off.

Ask them what they thought Enemy was about

This teebeeaych

Disliking the series finale of Seinfeld.

>Spring Breakers
>Only God Forgives
>Irreversible
>The Counselor
>Maps to the Stars
>BvS

The wire season 2

Kenneth Anger is probably too high-tier to be a pleb filter.

When I talk to people about movies, I find that talking about themes and symbolic elements, rather than just the surface plot, leaves them puzzled and at a loss for words.

Napoleon dynamite

Children's comic book movies

thats what I meant, movies plebs wont get

this right here. I remember lots of people being baffled by syriana. The theme of father/son relationships, which was obvious as fuck, just going over most peoples heads

Literally any movie, depending on what you're looking at. Land before time is a shit movie for kids, but it has some great symbolism and artistic drawing...

>2016
>Watching gay biker arthouse flicks

>he thinks bone tomahawk is a western and not cosmic horror
Spotted the pleb

Basically, I've met so many 16-20 year old plebs that insist they're not plebs and point to liking Pulp Fiction as their proof. If you consider liking entry level kino as proof of your advanced movie watching level, you're a pleb

Whenever I see someone shill for Cronenberg or Kubrick I instantly discount their opinion

Pulp Fiction is dadrock of movies now. Drive is what the faux-patricians namedrop to pretend to be cinephiles now.

Only God Forgives is definitely one of the finest pleb filters I've ever seen.

Drive is a good movie, but aside from the Autism Intensifies meme it's not that memorable

Adopt a trip so we can filter you plz.

Looney Toons: Back in Action.

Rumblefish is a good movie and book, tho

Oh, it's the classic 'confident ignorance is patrician' meme. Keep darinking that koolaid.

Lee’s film is clearer, stranger, and more deeply rooted in a vision of life. Lee bends Oldboy into a societal X-ray, an image that doesn't resemble anything at first, but, when viewed correctly, reveals essential workings and troubles.

While it’s not quite the grandly nuanced, historically intricate, psychologically shattering film that Scorsese’s is, Oldboy is a hectic, furious movie that sends a viewer into the street reeling with a sense of having seen something that is, in both senses, incredible—it’s an extreme artifice that, in its implausible plotting, seethes with the power of unbelievable truths. It’s also an intensely political film that, while avoiding the particulars of nuanced analysis, tears the lid off reasoned discourse to display the primal furies at stake in political conflict

A goofy movie

Pic related is a actual pleb filter movie.

Also Cracks and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

Liking Oldboy at all makes you a pleb. And liking anything from Spike Lee makes you the ultimate pleb.

Cronenberg always gets me rustled because his films are trash without the excitement that Stuart Gordon or John Carpenter have in their pictures. I always get the feeling I'm watching a colonoscopy during his films. We disappear further and further up his ass with each passing minute.

Anyone who doesn't know who Armond White is, is a pleb.
Anyone who knows Armond White and shittalks him, is a well-disciplined pleb.

t. imdb mo/v/ie buff

He has a point though, fuckhead