Hey. I have been looking for cheap(er) cars that are cool. Also, RWD is a plus. I am looking for something 1999-2006...

Hey. I have been looking for cheap(er) cars that are cool. Also, RWD is a plus. I am looking for something 1999-2006. Anyone have ideas for cars (mitsubishi, nissan, bmw, etc) that are within my price range of 6000 dollars. Just list off cars down below.

Other urls found in this thread:

orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-dodge-aauto-sell-or-trade/6257900783.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-f250-extra-cab-only-110k/6280695003.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/98-f250-powerstroke-diesel/6262307327.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lexus is200 (or is300), nissan 350z, mazda rx7, E36 BMW M3, the lot. All fairly priced

6k ain't gonna get you a beamer that's worth a shit. Stay with nissan, toyota, Honda. Keep aah eye out for old Lexus ls400s, big v8,red and old school looks

All manual rwd ;) ^^^^

Not red, roomy af

Manual rwd is gonna kinda limit you car wise on a 6k budget.

buy a miata, if you really need to ask Sup Forums what you should buy i think a miata will truly bring out your inner faggot.

Ive bought a bmw 330 2002model for 4800 euro

Where do you live op?rwd is gonna be tricky in the colder climes

>4800 euro

bro that's like 40k usd

???

If you look around on craigslist you can find bmws in your price and year range. The ones i've seen in my area are usually awd but tend to have mechanical fans

There a lot of recent, low mileage, cheap cars for sale in Texas right now.

Shut up Michael

My advice to op is to either get a beater so he (?) can earn more $ to get a better car or use 6k as down payment towards a better car. I sell cars for a living op, pick a car that's going for 12-15 k after taxes, even with no credit, you'll get financed if you put enough down

Bmw are so expensive to fix, odds are any bmw he can afford will need 3-5k in repairs

Yeah but you can usually find them around 1000-1500 which would leave a good bit of money to fix them up

You find the right BMW that's true,but it's like finding a needle in a haystack.on 6k budget,I think best to stay away from Germany

I picked up a Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor. They go for $4-6000 wit around 100k miles. A little light on horsepower at 250, but it'll go around corners faster than you're likely willing. I am pleasantly surprised by mine.

And that comes from somebody who sells German cars

/thread

This mofo gets it!

350z. Lucky little bitch. When I was your age I couldn't even find an Eclipse RS for $6k

You could always go for a mustang if you're ok with being a giant faggot

Yeah you're but bmws are out there

Huh?

only meth heads drive these.

I bought a 2015 Mercedes C300 for $21k

OP, find a Lexus or an Acura if you don't want the Toyota/Honda types. European cars are too expensive to fix and, in all honesty, if you find any of them with 100k miles, it will definitely need some work done. that'll cost you.

cool factor but maintenance is terrible.

Guess again. I'm in the over 50 club and never done any drugs but weed and booze. My CV is still in black and white livery and the intimidation factor of that and the bull bar is very useful on interstate highways.

oh yeah.

also, only douchebag white trash guys drive these.

orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-dodge-aauto-sell-or-trade/6257900783.html

Dunno buy this?

Or this.
Low ball at 3k. Just for the "this will go fast" post.
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-f250-extra-cab-only-110k/6280695003.html

This would be a good Sup Forumsro bus.

orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/98-f250-powerstroke-diesel/6262307327.html

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

I fucking hate people like you, who drive these

don't buy old luxury cars. you'll just end up looking like a faggot. everyone will know you're trying to look rich when you're not. a new honda gets more attention then an old beamer cause everyone knows what it's worth.

Dude. No. Like its so ugly.. It's a fad that needs to die along with vinyl wrapping your car like a god damn public bus and extreme camber.

BMW > LUXURY.

kekd. Wp user. Wp...

2005 PT Cruiser Touring Edition, 45k miles, only cost me $3,000

If you're going to get a BMW. For that price range get a Jaguar S-Type or X-Type.

I own both a x-type 3.0, and a s-type r.
They both come with their set of "British Reliability" but over 100k miles on each, and no major engine issues have occurred.

Plus for every one jag, I see about 400 older bmw's.

LMAO YOU PAID 3K FOR A PT CRUISER.

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE CANNOT GIVE THOSE AWAY ON MY CRAIGSLIST.

Get a marauder instead. Or at least an LX sport.

are you retarded? people buy BMWs because it's a symbol of wealth. it's a luxury car. let me assist you with a google search.

Someone gave you 3k to take their PT cruiser away? I'd have asked for at least five.

I had 237k miles on a stock 1995 Chevy lumina. And your talking about making it just past 100k? LMAO. Also had in highschool a 1999 camaro with 290 miles on it (was my dad's before I got it.)

100k is basically the dead-end mark for alot of these cool cars faggots like. they just start shitting themselves and will cost more to keep running then they're worth. Buy a toyota folks, you'll be happier for it.

I can't just put 100k miles on the fucking car. That's where they are at currently. And were talking about a "luxury" car, not a shit chevy.

Pham. Let me introduce you into the world of Volvo... Once you realize Volvo is the ultimate dad car. You will never go back to shitty plastic BMWs.

The lowest end Volvo has more luxury then. The equivalent in price BMW. cause Volvo knows luxury isn't just leather covered foam and being able to connect your iPhones Bluetooth....

That lumina was the comfyest thing you would ever ride in.

no thanks. I drive a 2010 Audi A4, and it'll be the last time I buy a foreign car. It's done me good i'll be honest, but everythings more expensive on it compared to a honda or etc. and it doesn't even have anything above them. Holy shit did the price just drop like a bag of dicks though, wish I never got it. I'm nearing 100k miles on it so about to go trade it in for a tacoma.

I like the Tacoma. The problem is the small truck market in the USA is so damn inflated. Thanks chicken tax!

my buddy is reading his 2012 Audi in for a Hyundai Genesis. no shit. he's tired of the maintenance and all the shit. he likes me Kia and started looking at Hyundai's when I told him they were the same company.

I wanted a Tacoma but fuck are those expensive. every 2011+ Tacoma I saw had high mileage and was still close to like $25k+. ridiculous.

Yup. They are inflated.. It's almost as dumb as buying a 2007 wrangler for 25k.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FORD BRING BACK THE BRONCO!

oh dude I looked at Wranglers, too. fuck those things. all plastic-y inside, no fucking cool amenity type features, yet they want a premium fucking price.

I ended up buying a 2013 Kia Optima hybrid for $15k.

LolNah Miatas are the shit family

TBH. I've never actually owned a car yet. Normally just borrow what ever shit I need from friends. Other wise I'm full time motorcycle rider.

Too poor for cars. Bahahaa.

Then just fuck outta my way and you'll never see me again.

I want a motorcycle.

but I want a triumph speed triple. love the style of it.

but that's a pretty dangerous bike to start off on, no?

CV guy here. Love me a Volvo 740. What's your pick?

How much money you willing to spend?

Also are you set on something new?

What's your commute like? Will you be doing 100 mile trips on it? Or keeping it in town. I can help here..

no more than 10k max, financed. otherwise 5-6k cash.

40 miles round-trip 2-3 times a week for work. then just driving around on the weekend.

Depends...

Old? Probably like a volvo240. But they are rare now days as fuck or driven into the dirt.

New? Hands down if I could afford it. A v90 all packaged out.

Does the 10k factor in on the gear? always put like 1k aside for gear generally. As a full time rider it's saved my ass 3 times so far.

So new or used? Also a speed triple looks good but lacks on the creature comforts of 40 mile days. You could get taller handlebars and a nicer seat that would make it a lot nicer to ride.

OP... Highly recommend any version of Nissan's 240sx preferably a S13 with a SR20, Mazda Miata, Toyota Supra 1st Gen, in some states you can pick up BMW's for cheap..

didn't think about gear. I could get that cash, no worries.

used, preferably. I'm a big "bang for your buck" type of guy so I don't have to buy the best, shiny thing. I'm typically middle of the road.

recommendations?

Used? Easy. VSTROM1000.

Nice mods available. Comfy as fuck. I'm a bit biased towards the engine itself. And since the new model 2018 came out. Showroom floors are gonna try to get rid of their 6k miled VSTROMs they have in stock.

interesting look. I like that it's not one of those speed bikes you see everyone riding but I dislike that it's not a speed triple.

what year? how much do they run for?

also, general question, what's the MPG on motorcycles?

Umph. Good call on that 240 An uncle had one way back. New stuff's out of my price range, sadly.

>cost

Where I live I've seen 2012s with abs go for as low as 3 grand.. I'd suspect the most I'd pay for a 1000 would be 6k MAX for a 2012. I'd personally shoot for 4.5ish. But I'm cheap. Know my stuff. And hangle.

Remember a few things.
Tires
Chains
Sprockets
Oil changes
Any "saddle bags"
Headlight
"upgrades"

Don't Let someone try to sell you that they put brand new tires on the bike. That means it's worth an extra grand. That's basic maintenance. Along with oil/airfilters/chains and sprockets. And not a selling point.

Neither are other mods. Even if they are common or you like what they did. You are buying the bike for its stock form. Less stock. Less money you should pay.

Early 2000s RSX.

I had 3 old cop cars. Loved every one f them. My 98 caprice was my fav. Was a fucking tank.

And yes. Still couldn't open the back doors from inside.

They have been meticulously maintained.

You the fag here.

Buying a cop car with low miles is stupid..

You should google what happens to a car when it sits at idle most of its life...

I had an 86 Caprice with the 350 still in it.

Racing some idiot through town, skidded out, and ended up hitting a guard rail head on at about 50mph.

Damage?
-Turned the steering wheel inside out with my chest.
-Bent the bench seat frame from my sister behind me flying into it.
-Fucking headlight bulbs went firing through the headlight.

... That was it. Put it into reverse, backed up a little, and drove home just fine.

Don't buy a new bike for your 1st bike.

Sounds gay, but get like a 250 for like 3 months. You won't lose any money off it.

Then get something like a 600.

Your gonna dump it in your 1st few months of riding. Dump and cheap ass 400 and learn the basics.

thanks, b. screenshotted this for future use. want to pull the trigger on 2018 for sure.

models? no idea what the numbers mean.

What cop car has low miles?

I haven't bought one less than 80k. Most are about 120

Numbers are just engine cc

Even a duke 390 feels like a missle between you legs when you are learning.

No need to learn on a 1000cc bike.

don't do this. This is an internet meme. Using a bigger bike won't kill you. Yes you could crash. But my 2nd crash was because I couldn't get out of the way fast enough on a shittly slow low cc Motorcycle on a highway with some asshat merging into me. And it was a bike that most would say was "good enough" for highways! Topped at 113mph.

Had to slam on the brakes locking them up then got clipped in the ass by another car.

Walked away with a bruised hip. Based wearing gear.

Was meant for you but like a moron I quoted myself

how do you guys deal with debris on the road and those stupid bumps dividing lanes? I'm honestly scared of those as a non-rider.

It's not the bigger that makes it more dangerous.

When you learn, your gonna dump it at a stop sign one night because the braking wasn't right.

Happens all the time

Get something smaller and learn the basics and cheap rough you won't care when it falls over.

But I do agree with you user. Spare no expense for gear and a decent helmet

Experience.

I've wiped on debris coming off highway exits. But then again. I was being stupid.

Just be aware of your surroundings.

Who honestly cares if a vstrom falls over? Most have crash guards and it won't damage shit.

Jesus. Bro quit spreading the "you can only learn on a pocket bike" meme. Cause it just isn't true.

I'm all for telling riders to buy the bike they want. And then taking a riding course with that bike. You know how many fuckers buy 300s just to turn around and sell them and buy a car because after they "learned" for 6 months. It just got boring? A fuck ton. Because they should of gotten what they wanted to begin with.

so like anything. you learn from your mistakes. won't be bad mistakes if you take the precautions, it seems.

thanks guys. owe you a beer when you're around southern California

If also recommend against getting a "Bluetooth" helmet so you can listen to your phones music at 1st

>a beer in southern Cali.

If you're in Florida just buy me a tank of gas instead!

Mn State Patrol is still clinging to their Caprices. I've recently owned several GMs so I went with a Ford instead. Nobody but my dog rides in back, so no worries over the back doors.

It slowly wears out, heat and revs. Northern climes are much better in this regard since we don't have summer all year up here. Also, the cop cars are built with much better cooling than your run of the mill Family Truckster.

Love that push bar, eh?

I actually drive around in silence. I love listening to the sounds of my car and the traffic and the road.

haha fuck that humidity.

Pops was a motorcycle saftey course instructor over the summer when not teaching.

Like I said. Plenty of cheap bikes out there that don't lose value after the 6minths.

I've seen too many nig nogs buying hayabusas as their 1st bike and trashing both the bike and themselves

A friend of mine bought a 2004 Mercedes SLK for 6,500 €, it looks expensive as fuck, it's a Mercedes, he drows in pussy with that pretty average car.

If you don't need a big car and you want to show off with something that looks expensive, that' your choice.

Also...go ahead and flame me

I'm about to buy my zero s

Sr of course

throw a little more and get a scirocco. the 1.4tsi gets 200hp and 250nm

A dasbusa is way different beast then a vstrom1000...

Like x2 the torque and horse power...

You can't go by CC. You have to take into account. Bike weight to torque ratio and then horse power to weight.

Like those shitty Boulevard 800s or what ever they are called. Yeah their 800cc that struggles to 80mph.... Lol