Shipping to basic next week...

Shipping to basic next week. My recruiter gave me a 4 page packing list but it essentially instructs me to bring documents, shaving equipment, running sneakers, and casual clothing for graduation after the two months of training.

Should I bring more items such as deodorant, towel, toothbrush, etc., or will they provide to me everything I'll need for duration of the training?

Pic related. I'm becoming an Airman.

Why don't you just ask your recruiter

I'd just like to hear it from someone who's gone to basic recently. He hasn't been in basic in 10 years, so many things must've changed within that decade.

You will buy everything there so you need enough toiletries to last about 3 days.
Also letters and stamps, and stationary tons of them. I brought a shaving mirror was the best idea i had through basic so i could shave away from the mob trying to use the mirrors

you might have better luck just watching some youtube videos within the past year or two that have info like that. Other than that I haven't been in basic so nothing I would know about that.

Theyre really fucking forgetful about how shit bmt is.

Toiletries and shaving mirror, got it. Thank you sir

LOL nigga I just fucked some guys gf who's graduating, pack yourself some will to live if you got a girl back home

Went through bmt August of last year. They issue you a backpack full of toiletries and supplies and shit so you really don't need to bring any of that.

Protip bring tweezers or forceps, they will make your bed look SHARP!

Make sure its plastic and not bigger than your palm or youll get it taken abd if it breaks you get to explain why you just made however many shards worth of weapons

Yes, bring all that and if you're a ginger, bring sun screen

you dont need to bring a lot. i brought way more than i actually needed. however that extra stuff was useful at tech school

you wear your blues at and after graduation

Oh man, basic.. those were the days. Get used to saying; "Sir/Ma'am! Trainee -your name- reports as ordered!"

Oh if you play an instrument never admit to it!

Currently at Tech school, went to basic a couple months ago. Dont bring anything other than a couple changes of civilian clothes, and some running sneakers. They make you buy a backpack the day you get there, it has everything you would need (Shaving stuff, toothbrush, shampoo etc). If you have any questions ask away man.

whats your afsc?

2A334x Avionics

Shit, me too. Went to bmt in 1982. Good stuff

All the stress makes it hard to remember, also bmt was probably close to a decade ago for them.
During basic, there will be a few visits to the BX where you can buy toiletries. And If I remember correctly. Within the first week the whole flight goes to a BX to get the mandatory items (towels, gloves, hats, toothbrush/paste(I think), flashlights, undies, some other stuff).

is shepard as shitty as they say? i went to tech school in keesler

>All the stress makes it hard to remember
yup, i dont remember as much as i should about basic. i do remember that my flight was fucking awful tho

meant for

How much does the backpack cost?

Pretty shitty, but not too horrible. Other than the heat, constant marching (while in uniform), and other bs stuff its alright. I don't mind it too much tbh... it is what you make of it. The internet is pretty good though lol.

Sir, no sir!
>pushups until i run out of condiments that can go on "sir sandwhiches"

Couple hundred, taken out of your first paycheck. It sounds like a lot, but they also give you a lot of stuff... like a LOT of stuff.

Try to go in the end of summer if you have any ability to weasel your time frame, black flag gets tedious if its too hot for several days

Yeah youre making training pay which is about like a 9 an hr job

Gotta get used to sweating in uniform so they can fuck wearing it

bring some nice clothes with you, at the end of it all they let your roam around san antonio for a day or two so you might want to look decent

This.
But fuck canvas pants in all seriousness, get me some summer uniforms with sweat holes for the deep south fuck.

Welcome to San Antonio and lackland afb . Ask your gawd damn recruiting officer. Go to a spurs game and missions game. Alamo and river walk are shit but do it anyway. Take a bible. Fuck you, you'll need it. La Fogata twin towers margarita. Not on the menu. Just do it. Thank you for your service, faggot.

they make you wear blues in san antonio

I'm in DEP anxiously awaiting a contract. I qualified for linguist so hopefully soon since that field has a lot of demand

Yeah bring some khakis and a polo and some shoes to wear that arent completely athletic. 20 out of 66 dropped out or were removed for health out of my bmt flight so

Actually, dont. You have to wear your blues while walking around the city, cant wear civies. Any extra clothes you bring will have to wait to be worn until tech school.

don't they give you a day where you can wear whatever you want? i was able to wear normal clothes for one day i think

good luck, ive heard thats a tough one

Lol

Not lately, idk if theyre still letting jr enlisted leave the base in uniform

we didnt get to. its possible thats because my flight was the worst there, but i didnt hear of anyone else doing that either

Nice man. 18 months learning a language in California, hopefully you can get it!

Do something thats actually fun. If your eyes allow you go flightline. If not then go medical field linguists get taught kurdish and farsee and shit and its useless after the af. Its also a bloody field mind you. Your srb is earned.

There is nothing better in this world than watching yourself in the mirror pounding hole while dressed for duty.

I have never cum so quick

i only graduated in march of this year, did they seriously change it right after i left?

you cant wear civilian clothes at the end of BMT, you gotta be in Blues while on town pass in San Antonio. sucks, but thats just how it is.

Nah i graduated oct of 2015 and separated right after tech school because my family travels for work and i lost my clearance....

oh yeah, you werent allowed to leave off base in uniform because of the a recent shooting at a recruiters office. i guess i just got lucky enough to wear civis out there. its not like it matters though, they can tell you're military from the shine on your head.

Honestly i never wore my abu off the base unless i had to. Its like a big bullseye on your back and i couldnt conceal carry because enlisted lyfe.

SUM GOOD advice, i wish i knew this a couple years ago. bring a shaving mirror

>flightline
>fun

Maybe by fun you mean busy as fuck and long hours and weekends.

Make absolutely sure you wear an Air Force shirt to BMT. Have to let the TI's know you're there for the Air Force

t. flightline guy for the past 7 years

they give you an entire backpack full of everything you need. hopefully you don't get the one squadron that has the old shitty dorms.

Oh and buy the foot powder, the medicated one at the BX. Youre gonna need it, dont even use it until the last week of bmt, my flight had an athletes foot outbreak because of some nasty fuckers. Youre sharing a shower with 60 people, remember.

Butcha get to fly.
>dont go flightline maint seems to be the consensus

My friend is in an undermanned flightline afsc in NJ and he is pretty miserable. Working 12+ hour days without weekends sounds pretty bad

Yeah especially considering youre on a salary

Oh shit! You're headed to sheppard. That's where I am at right now, that's my afsc. Sheppard is good, don't listen to people who are downers. Basic will make you feel like shit for three or four weeks but the second half is easier if you aren't a dirtbag. And if you get hurt keep your mouth shut about it unless there are bones sticking out of your body. Don't bring shit for clothes, you will be in uniform 24/7 and during graduation you will be in blues like some other guy said. No civilian clothing until you earn it by phasing up in tech school. Just so you know, your squadron here at sheppard will be 365. You will earn the privilege of civilian clothes after 28 days without a failed room inspection and two open ranks inspections of ABUs and Blues each. You'll learn air force core values in basic and people will tell you in tech it doesn't mean shit but I promise you if you follow them you will skyrocket in whatever extracurricular programs you choose when you get here. I'm F-15 avionics and we have the longest school here so I almost guarantee I'll still be here when you get to tech school, but under no circumstances short of an act of God will I ever admit that I know you because I heard of you through Sup Forums lol

If you're in one of the few jobs that allow you to fly. Flightline squadrons generally consist of weapons, crew chiefs, and specs(electrics, avionics, engines). As far as I know none of them fly. If you have a college degree you could try to be a pilot though

How are the dorms at Sheppard

Buy everything you mentioned but in travel size, you will buy new things when you get to lackland.

The only two things you need to do in BMT to be successful are: Be respectful to everyone and listen to your MTI. Do these two things everyday and I promise that BMT will be easy as fuck.

They're nice, 3 airmen to a room though, so it can feel a little much at times.

3 wtf? Thought it was 2. How big is the room. Don't 2 dorm rooms share 1 bathroom also. Do you have a key card?

bruh, if youre at sheppard right now, whats your last name, im avionics, were in the same squadron

bump

Pack light. You're going to get there, and you'll be allowed to keep some stuff, but the majority of it is just going to stay in your bag which gets put in the storage closet, which you probably won't have access to again until the last weekend there.

Bring all required paperwork, especially banking info as you'll be setting up direct deposit when you get there.

Just bring clothes for 2-3 days, and toothbrush/paste for the same, and a razor. They don't have time to check/compare if those health items are adequate for each trainee, so you're basically told to buy them all again anyway, and end up with duplicates.

Oh, and don't look military or wear any service's clothing/mark, as you'll be singled out right away.

Holy fuck, do not bring a shaving mirror!!!! Hahaha!!

Why

Oh yeah, and you'll probably be made to buy them again, but shower flip flops. Bring those for the first night or two, you'll want those.

You're not going to have the luxury of time for such things, and look silly if you bring it. So you'll get shit for bringing it, but never even get to use it.

?? you have to shave no matter what.. How does having your own mirror not benefit you

don't listen to other comments. you will work in nsa basement and hate life. hope you're spanish so you can pick up mexican chicks.

am linguist

They're going to find that mirror in your wall locker upon inspection and be like "Looky here, this guy likes to look at himself, he brought a mirror!"

Honestly, the chances of you getting shit for it aren't worth the trouble when you can "just hurry the fk up and shave like everyone else".

If you make it through without getting shit for it, you either got an MTI that doesn't care or lucky. You still have to crowd around the sink to get water for your razor anyway.

They give you All the shit. Just bring three days of civilian clothes to wear until you get uniforms.

Source: went to bmt last year

>joining the military
have fun in the desert, reject.

Was there a time where you spar with padded poles? Saw it in a bmt video and thought it was odd

I'm in tech school for crypto linguist don't fucking do it

No, you only really need shoes. When you first get off the bus they'll herd you all into a room where you get a backpack full of shit including toothpaste, deodorant, stamps, writing material and a whole bunch more

>Boingo wireless
>Good
Pick one

Yeah that happens in like the 5th week at BEAST
BEAST itself is a fun time tbh

Going on year three as an army fag. You picked the easiest branch. I want you to know that if you just smile and say yessir to every motherfucker that asks you to do something, you will have the easiest college money ever. The air force is a total fucking farce.

This all sounds VERY, VERY GAY.

>Easiest branch
Every branch is easiest branch if youre a fucking nonner

Why not?

I'd bring a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and deodorant. Sure, they might have that stuff available, but it might be a while before you can get it.

and whats wrong with that? i see people from other branches bitch about literally everything and then complain that the air force is too easy

you get all of that upon arrival

Any Battlefield Airmen here?

Doesnt have a fucking clue

I'm an army vet who went air force, I'm out not, so sure

We didn't get any of that until 2 WOT when we finally got to go to the exchange. Also, the toothbrushes they sell might as well be grill brushes

Any fellow 1N4s in here?

Someone is self conscious about being to stupid to make the right choice

I wasnt a fuckup so my TI called me a boy scout for being prepared but otherwise thought it was a good idea from how he let me keep it. Others followed suit and bought ones at the bx and some used shiny surfaces, it was quicker to spread out a little bit whilst sloshing the holes out.

That is insane. When I went through we lost 2 who go drunk on town lib day and 1 medical, all were recycled to a new flight and that was it.

I ended up getting stuck in Medical Flight for a month and a half. It was alright with the exception of all the lazy fat campers

i remember getting all of that in that backpack they gave us

How is being a battlefield airmen compared to being in the army? Better, worse, the same? Are you TACP or something else? Would you recommend your job?