youtube.com/watch?v=DvOAgtEuEEc
youtube.com/watch?v=YPEG7Q0moIc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Saw you standing there.

DYKTJLBHW

Dizzy miss lizzy

A day in the life or Revolution 9

That's some pretentious hipster bs

But they're the best. Followed by Good Night and Happiness Is A Warm Gun.

>Revolution 9
fucking pleb-bait mainstream garbage, Carnival of Light is the true jam

I have to ask, do you like revolution 9 because of the backmasking thing?

Because or Love You To
(or Tomorrow Never Knows)
Or And your Bird Can Sing
Fuck i cant choose

Wouldn't it be nice

Hey Ya

i like across the universe.

Tomorrow Never Knows
Penny Lane
A Day In The Life
Rain
Across The Universe

I'll Follow the Sun

Eleanor Rigby

In my life

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Tommorrow never knows

wow after all the paul mcartney ass kissing you guys partake in i thought this thread would be filled with paul songs

instead its filled with john songs.

strange

Long, Long, Long

I'm Only Sleeping
I still prefer Paul, but it's easier for me to empathize with Lennon's songs. Almost every good Lennon song is about him and his experiences while Paul's songs are a bit more abstract, and those that ARE about him are mostly about his love life, which I don't have.

hmmm good taste pal

This is the most pretentious thing I've ever read. Lurk more, faggot and get some taste.

The patrician list:

1 - The Fool On The Hill
2 - I'm Only Sleeping
3 - Blue Jay Way
4 - The Inner Light
5 - Your Mother Should Know
6 - Rocky Racoon

This sounds like the ultimate Jew World Order song so I don't like it anymore.

youtu.be/DVg2EJvvlF8

Ben Shapiro's critique of that song is essential listening

youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0NBRwht-w

nice taste senpai

i don't really have a favorite beatles song anymore but i probably would have listed dear prudence and oh! darling at the height of my beatlemania
top 10 pre rubber soul:
all my loving
baby's in black
tell me why
i call your name
i'm down
please please me
im just happy to dance with you
cant buy me love
i wanna be your man
no reply

gooood taste. Dear Prudence is a perfect song. I'd like it better if you add You Really Got A Hold On Me to that list (yes I know it's a cover but it's a good cover)

i actually adore their cover of you really got a hold on me but i tried to make my list exclusively originals. i actually had to look up i wanna be your man to make sure it was a lennon/mccartney

I Want You/She's so Heavy

All great choices,
I'm gonna say Across the Universe has the best lyrics; but the best overall song is probably
Happiness is a Warm Gun, with close second of A day in the Life.

>being this new

>newfagging this hard
Lurk moar feggit

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

>This is the most pretentious thing I've ever read. Lurk more, faggot and get some taste.

In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

octopus garden

2 of Us

Tomorrow Never Knows
She Said She Said
A Day in the Life
Across the Universe
Dear Prudence

norwegian wood

No Reply

I've Just Seen A Face

The beatles is shitband, i hate them

The fact that so many Americans still believe it should be illegal to marry a 12-year-old only tells you how far America still is from becoming a serious culture. The Europeans have long recognized that the greatest relationships of all times are between male adults and female adolescents, who are the most biologically fit to produce offspring, as well as the most physically attractive. Followers of the Muslim faith rank the highly controversial Aisha over all of their prophet Mohammed’s other wives, who were far past the prime age for reproduction. Americans are still blinded by puritan values. Adult females are more mentally developed than adolescents (not true, by the way), therefore they must be the greatest partners. Europeans engaged in relationships with adolescent European girls in the middle ages, radical Islamists engage in relationships with adolescent Muslim girls in the present. Americans are often totally ignorant of the virtues of relationships with adolescent girls, they barely know the biological benefits. No wonder they will think that sexual relations with 12-year-old girls should be criminalized.

Wave of Mutilation

Helter Skelter

John is our guy

SHE CAME IN THROUGH THE BEDROOM WINDOW

This guy has the most annoying voice.

I'm not listening to ten minutes of an autistic manlet shrieking about a dumb john lennon song.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Why would anyone listen to this?

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) music to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townsend was a more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.

The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "Beatlemania", you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial band.

My favorites are Paul songs
Here, there, and everywhere
For no One
I've Just Seen a Face
Things we Said Today
Abbey Road medley
Shes Leaving Home
Eleanor Rigby
Helter Skelter
Penny Lane
Oh Darling
Michelle

Northern Song or It's All Too Much

>Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own.
This isn't true.

eleanor rigby

HAH

You've got to hide your love away is objectively the best

>I've Just Seen A Face

My nigger

helter skelter

this. That song is 100% pure communism and postmodernist waste

i am the walrus, sorry

hey user, check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=DvOAgtEuEEc

this

This

Creep

I'm Only Sleeping

Why Don't We Do It In The Road...

yes it's a throwaway song and not representative of the beatles, but it's a fun one and always puts me in a good mood

Nowhere Man

Guessing it's "Little Child" for this guy.

that's a Monkees song you fool

And your birb can sing is a solid choice

I Should Have Known Better

Unironically proud someone posted it

>Blackbird
>She's So Heavy
>Norwegian Wood
>Dear Prudence
>Mother Nature's Son
>She Said She Said

The Beatles > Sgt Pepper = Abbey Road > Revolver > Rubber Soul = Magic Mystery Tour Bus > Help > Yellow Submarine > Let it Be > 1962-1964 singles

Not a throwaway song. SO important to the history of rock.

>no blackbird
Nice taste though ARM is honestly some of their best work

underrated early Beatles gem

how so?

Here there and everywhere

I'm Only Sleeping
Rain
We Can Work It Out
Blue Jay Way
She Said She Said
With A Little Help From My Friends
Girl
Day Tripper
Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane
Here, There And Everywhere
I Want To Tell You
You Won't See Me
In My Life
Not A Second Time
A Day In The Life

You like Swans don't you

Wonderwall

I was going to put blackbird, but then I realized the list was getting too long

martha my dear

Whiter Shade of Pale

No particular order, songs I love:
Happiness is a Warm Gun (specifically the guitar solo, fucking perfect)
Martha My Dear (TAKE A GOOD LOOK ROUND YOU)
Cry Baby Cry (This is a nearly perfect song)
Fool on the Hill
Hey Bulldog
Golden Slumbers

Also Blue Jay Way was ahead of its time to an insane degree

>Magical Mystery Tour Bus
Hmm.

this

Strawberry Fields Forever

Savoy Truffle

off-topic.

I have listened to Rubber Soul and Revolver over 20 times and I don't see a sole reason why people put the latter above the former except for it's ingenuity and experimentation in production. Would like to hear your opinions.

Fool on the Hill
Penny Lane
Eleanor Rigby
Tomorrow Never Knows

It's just a pasta dude, don't get mad.

in my life, always gets me nostalgic

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Revolver>>>Abbey Road>The Beatles>>Rubber Soul>Sgt. Pepper's>Magical Mystery Tour>>>>>Let it Be>>>>>>>>>>>>Help!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

>You are supposing it' s the same user
Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the far greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.

i'm a loser
yer blues

>"Keith liked the Beatles because he was quite interested in their chord sequences. He also liked their harmonies, which were always a slight problem to the Rolling Stones. Keith always tried to get the harmonies off the ground but they always seemed messy. What we never really got together were Keith and Brian singing backup vocals. It didn't work, because Keith was a better singer and had to keep going, oooh, ooh ooh (laughs). Brian liked all those oohs, which Keith had to put up with. Keith was always capable of much stronger vocals than ooh ooh ooh".
-Mic Jagger

>"The Beatles were perfect for opening doors... When they went to America they made it wide open for us. We could never have gone there without them. They're so fucking good at what they did."
-Keith Richards

>"I think "Eleanor Rigby" was a very important musical move forward. It certainly inspired me to write and listen to things in that vein"
-Pete Townshend of the Who

>Jew gets upset at song about the world living in peace

wow what a surprise

a day in the life, duh

Africastle
youtube.com/watch?v=YPEG7Q0moIc

Am I a pleb if I say it's Good Night?