What is the best Star Wars movie of all time and why is it Rogue One?

What is the best Star Wars movie of all time and why is it Rogue One?

not much of an accomplishment

The terrorists win

Agreed. I prefer 4 5 and 6 a lot, they're really good. The character development was really good, too.

Everything else was pure bantha poodoo

Rogue One was good but I wouldn't say it was the best. Empire Strikes Back deserves that title

is this a meme or do you really believe it's better than episode 5

Entire OT was better. NH > ESB > ROTJ, but I understand why other people order them differently

I know this is bait but Rogue One honestly might barely edge out episode 2. It was bad but not the worst

>gay ass teddy bears with sticks take down the empire
>we blew up the Death Star!
>again!

I think we all know the answer to that

>he doesn't even know which movie has which title

You mean that shit movie where the bad guys won and the hero got his arm cut off?

Gave me nightmares for months.

Empire. It's Empire. /thread

Because you're a millennial

Fuck mate don't put this cunt with us millenials, he's more like part of generation shit-head or something

star wars nerds getting mad over a bait thread

ESB > ANH > ROTJ > RO > ROTS > AOTC > TPM > TFA

If you disagree, you are objectively retarded. Sorry.

No I'm not. I'm 43 years old.

Before I saw Rogue One, I was of the opinion that Empire was the best. Rogue One is better.
Objectively.

Easily the best prequel. However, that isn't difficult given the dumpster fires that are 1-3.

Pacing and some characters were not the best. Still its close to what I'd wanted when they announced the prequels would be made back in the mid 90s.

My favorite part was how Rogue One essentially ignored everything from Lucas' episode 1-3. Also like that about Episode 7. Hope they just sweep those shit movies under the rug and we can forget they happened. Maybe they will make real prequels that aren't made of festering shit.

tricky question: all of them are shit

if rogue one had come out as a prequal to new hope in 1980 instaed of empire as a sequal i would PERHAPS say rogue one is better, but then in comes the argument, wouldn't empire still have been the best sequel, and without doubt, the best film overall?
also, would rogue one have even been half as powerful as it was without first having seen new hope? i submit that it would not.
therefore, to say rogue one is "objectively" the best star wars film is a V E R Y precarious fucking argument to make, and i simply cannot agree with you

Tubgirl and goatse are more watchable than episode 2. I was amazed that something was made that made episode 1 look good by comparison.

I didn't like rogue one because I don't like how they're hollywood-ising all of the movies.

I agree.

It was the most remarkable character transition I have ever seen in a Star Wars movie. To be able to watch so many dirty rotten scoundrels slowly become the good guys, sacrificing themselves for the cause and rising to the challenge for the sake of the universe, was a real pleasure.

It captured the essence of a rebellion flawlessly.

What does a shrubber have to do with that

If someone had never heard of star wars having him/her watch Rogue One before A New Hope would be confusing as fuck.

I enjoyed Rogue One, but so much of it is meaningless or completely illogical if you have no knowledge of A New Hope.

Being a hipster is mainstream now faggot

But then if you do know of a new hope , you'd have to wonder why they tried to play it off as a diplomatic mission

Yeah there's a lot to be said for it, that's for sure.

not much, but picking up rumors is a large part of the profession
exactly
no, you wouldn't. you'd assume it was fluffy political horse shit, because that's what politics are, fluffy horse shit
rogue one was one giant fluff film
the only thing that actually "happened' in the movie was at the very end, which we already knew happened

Yeah, that seems even less plausible than before, when it was already not too plausible.

Of course there is the unmentioned incest and other illogical problems that 4-6 had. They are not perfect films, but overall are pretty good.

>trips has spoken
Checked

>Jyn
>Leia (age in episode 4-6)
>Rey
>Natalie Portman
>Yaddle

Pick two girls for your threesome.

This

is there any answer other than jyn and rey?
other than having yaddle serve you cocktails while you fuck leia's corpse, of course

I know, which is why I do whatever the hell I want to regardless of what other people think of my life-style.

Rogue one was the best because it wasn't such an optimistic view and really have us the grit the other movies lacked. (Except maybe the 3rd). Also, animation wise and plot wise it just kept giving and giving. You thought the movie was done then Vader pops up and murders a countless amount of poor soldiers. Beautiful execution.

Rogue One was boring with dull, unfleshed out characters. Anyone seriously rating it over Empire Strikes Back don't understand movies.

>>Jyn
Young Jyn. ;)

>Beautiful execution
I can't tell if that is a pun.

haha ;DD nice loli meme m8 xDDD we get it, u like under aged children for sex ;dDDDD xDDDD hahahah! is very funni meem m8i xDD

Looks rabbity enough to be a young Jyn

>to be a young Jyn
It's literally the actor they used in the movie...

Yeah, I'm showing they made a good choice.

you be right if it was for this

this alone redeems the movie

Good bait, but anyone who likes Rogue One for anything outside of the last 45 minutes I believe (half hour) is a fucking retard.

Let's get this thread back on track gentlemen.
How hyped are you for the next REAL star wars film?

Empire is so good it transcends star wars and is a legit good movie

I wouldn't say redeems, more that is all the film had going for it.

I think if George let up the reins and didn't need complete control it could have been the best film. Like the ideas and what not that aren't fully developed, and if you had different actors and a better director.

Went to midnight showings and was severely disappointed for 1, then 2, then 3. For 7 I didn't bother seeing it until 2 weeks after it came out. I had been fooled enough before. 7 was meh, but meh is way better than horrible garbage of 1-3. Rogue One saw opening day and it was worth it.

For 8 I may see it opening day, not out of excitement, but out of avoiding spoilers if it does end up being decent.

There was so much wrong with it that the only hope is Disney has a scene in a random star wars movie with someone watching the actual 1-3 prequels in the background and someone else says "Why are you watching that shitty dramatization of the life of Darth Vader? None of that really happened and they made up tons of stuff like midicholirans".

I never sadi the execution was good, I said if it was done right with some of the ideas that they had would have been great. Like imagine actually someone pulling off showing Anakin turning to the dark side, the reason why he became evil. Because you know he wasn't truly completely evil, if he was able to be redeemed at the end of return of the jedi he couldn't have been completely evil.

And the ideas with the whoe conspiracy and not being what it seems, attack of the clones could have been a great noir film but Lucas is incompetent

7 was good man, i don't care waht kind of hate i take for saying it, 7 was the reboot the world needed, but Deeznay did certainly NOT fucking deserve to cash in on
7 was great and accomplished everything it set out to accomplish. having no shame at all is a big part of what 7 was
but yea, fuck the yids. obviously fuck the yids. is fuck the yids not implied by now? if not, i hope everyone on the planet earth adopts "fuck the fucking yids" at some point
anyhow, fuck the yids

Also fuck Disney, Rogue One sucks and after you know what happens in 7 there is literally no rewatch-ability to that film. If they really cared they wouldn't make 7 8 or 9 or if they had to they wouldn't make a million stand alone films about things that really don't need explaning. Also who the fuck makes a film and has no character development in it, and leaves it to the comics to make you care about them. Fuck that, a good movie makes you know what you need to and gives you the ability to actually care about the characters and relate. Not this is the Mexican and this is a woman. If anything the minorities should be offended they did such a shitty job representing minority characters on film.

>implying the jews didn't create these films with the sole purpose of stirring the race war
the red pill is in your mouth, friend
you just aren't eager to swallow it

Lucas isn't a jew

Empire.

>lucas sold the franchise to a jew

Rogue One is the best overall movie, there's no debate.

The real hot topic to discuss, is who is the 2nd most attractive girl in Star Wars? Jyn, Rey, Leia, ..?
(1st isn't up for debate since no one can compete with Natalie Portman)

Wait you mean the new ones, I thought you mean the originals. Sorry for misunderstanding my dude

Lucas didn't make the film..

I always imagined the prequels would be about Obi-Wan and Anakin off on missions that also included jedi training. All we get of that is 3 lines while they stand in an elevator.

It also would have been nice to see Anakin slowly fall to the dark side, perhaps over a rift of some kind. Instead we have to watch him get tricked into being Vader and kill children.

Also palpatine controlling everything in the universe for several decades kills any tension since he seems indestructible and omniscient.

it's cheap and gay as fuck, i understand why yo're mad
if i would have fallen in love with a franchise and been completely jew'ed by it i would have been mad too
literally the only perk of not being born in the 60's and 70's is not having to deal with the pain of thinking Star Wars was gonna be good

It should have shown instead of telling, just like how Saw says I'm tired of running and he literally is in maybe a minute prior to seeing him at his lair.

He directed the first film and had his scripts rewritten for the the first 3

roll

Heard the episode 1 kid went crazy and got arrested. Lucas did more than ruin our childhood dreams, he ruined an actual child.

His parents agreed to letting him be in a movie with a madman

Wrong thread fag

kiera technically should be included.

she is the alpha and omega bro

ESB and TFA are my favorites..

>What is the best Star Wars movie of all time and why is it Rogue One?

The best Star Wars movie was Star Wars. Rogue One has some good parts but is ultimately boring and forgettable.

I'm old enough to have seen it first run in the theatre. Star Wars was called Star Wars back then, and that's what I call it still.

b8 10/10

because characters mostly do logical things (except when the wife of the engineer goes full retard) and darth vader slaughtering scene was badass

Star Wars was and still is better the Empire.

What I love about A New Hope is that it can be viewed as a stand alone film. It introduces characters and problems, gives the setting and has a resolution.

Probably why it was my favorite for a while.

>Objectively.
Rogue One was a mess of passing. The first 20 minutes is spent repeating Jen's back story at least twice. And none of that back story is even relevent to the plot. They keep jumping between planets and each time I thought to myself "I don't give a fuck."

But ultimately, Rogue One suffers the same fate as most modern movies by highly forgettable.

>hollywood
ANH defined Hollywood as we currently know it.

Don't use actual logic when talking to people who say it's a good movie. They probably clapped when C3P0 showed up for 3 seconds for no reason

>No I'm not. I'm 13 years old
fixed
rogue one was dull rubbish
perfectly crafted to be exactly like every other movie that comes out lately

Who cares man, they're all the same. Literally all the same plot.

>There is an evil force in the galaxy
>The e vil force is acquiring a weapon of great power
>They must be stopped
>But by who?
>A child warrior prodigy from a desert backwater of course
>But who will teach them?
>An ancient remnant of a powerful order of warrior monks of course.
>How do we get around the fact that they're somehow good at everything despite having no experience?
>The force! They're the cost one!
>Won't the movie be boring if the protagonist faces no real obstacles?
>People will be too busy watching the puppets and space battles to care!
>And then the chosen one destroys the ultimate weapon and saves the galaxy.

Every. Fucking. Movie.

shrubbers are always relevant
particularly when theyre from much better movies than the thread topic

always was faggot
hipsterism was just the mainstreaming of pretty much every youth subculture from the last few decades (a bit of granola hippie, a bit of hip-hop, a bit of punk, etc...)
prepackaged and sold to a generation unwilling, or unable, to come up with their own thing

Shit, you're not wrong.

I think the thing that draws me, and plenty of other people to it, is the extensive law and stories inbetween it all. There's some good shit in there.

Yeah, that's totally the plot of Empire !

Well I mean most movies follow the heroes journey

the christmas special
Liea molested Chewbacca in front of his wife
what could possible be more awesome than that?
oh, I know
Boba Fett riding a mother fucking dinosaur

Sure.

I would love to see more of the in between tbh. Essentially transplanting other genres into the Star Wars universe.

Give me Black Hawk Down grittiness but with rebel commandos battling a criminal syndicate for a crashed Imperial shuttle full of intel.

Give me Platoon, but with a unit of stormtroopers doing counter insurgency on Endorsement and coming to grips with the Empire's dark side.

Give me Goodfellas, set on Coruscant, with Hutt clans and bounty hunters.

Give me anything besides more doe eyed desert dwelling kids that are catapulted to greatness for no reason and with no character development.

>unable, to come up with their own thing
You are the problem. When you die, the world will be a better place.

sure you can include kiera in the debate; not for #1 though, she's not in the same league as natalie

Endor*

My favorite was the wookies talking in wookie language for 5 minutes with no subtitles

why dont you go crib some more shit from history millenial fuck
die in a fire of irony

Its simple.
ROTJ > ROTS > TFA > RO >TESB > AOTC > TPM > ANH

and who could possible forget Chewbacca's lovable if aging father, Itchy, and his cute son, Lumpy.

Empire is a continuation of New Hope.

Still fits the pattern.

>Luke is still a bitch, despite blowing up Death Star 1.
>There is a great evil in the galaxy with a powerful weapon. (Darth Vader)
>Luke still needs training, goes to visit a remnant of Jedi order (Yoda)

Empire deviates the most in that the rebels are defeated and scattered, the only real obstacle to the protagonists in any SW movie. But it still follows the formula.