I don't see people talk much about him, what's Sup Forums's general opinion on him

I don't see people talk much about him, what's Sup Forums's general opinion on him.

Other urls found in this thread:

ruthlessreviews.com/1067/devil-and-daniel-johnston-the/
soundcloud.com/user-772990283/daniel-johnston-true-love-will-find-you-in-the-end-cover
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

overrated

His best period was when he got backing bands on his albums, but no one here will admit that.

Nah I agree, but there was a sweet spot for that, too

His music creeps me out. Am I the only one?

genius

ruthlessreviews.com/1067/devil-and-daniel-johnston-the/

Everyone that puts this guy on a pedestal should read this.

obligatory "ppl only pretend to like him cuz he's mentally ill xdd" post

Not really. He never really got a backing band, just producers who thought they could exploit his le quirky music, without realizing that he was just an under budget pop musician.

Also, Hi How Are You is overrated

I heard Devil Town and the lyrics were so bad it put me off him. Literally 'and then john was a zombie' lyrics.

makes me jealous cause I have schizophrenia too and people don't really care about my bandcamp page

A god's gift to us

Maybe try to crash a plane or something, then people will care.

He doesn't deserve to be exalted, but this article was embarrassingly bad

Only hypocrites like him

I may do a better take in the future

soundcloud.com/user-772990283/daniel-johnston-true-love-will-find-you-in-the-end-cover

That means it's good

I love 1990.

Explain.

He doesn't have any great albums on the whole, but some gems of songs spread throughout his career. Particularly the early 80s.

They like to romanticize the fact that he's schizophrenic thus overreacting to the quality of his music.

I think he's a legitimately good pop songwriter. I mean, he also has poorly written songs, but the good ones are really good.